Start by marking “Toes, Ears, & Nose!: A Lift-the-Flap Book” as Want to Read:
Toes, Ears, & Nose!: A Lift-the-Flap Book

Toes, Ears, & Nose!: A Lift-the-Flap Book

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  2,161 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Help Baby discover toes, ears, nose, and more in this lift-the-flap book by Marion Dane Bauer and illustrated by Karen Katz!

Inside my boots I've got toes,
and beneath my scarf is a...

Baby is bundled in a mountain of clothes! Peek under the flaps of clothing to find out what's underneath, and play this fun peekaboo book again and again!
Board Book, 16 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Toes, Ears, & Nose!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toes, Ears, & Nose!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleA Pet Banana by Othen Donald Dale CummingsBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.An Elephant Is On My House by O.D.D. CummingsDear Zoo by Rod Campbell
Best Toddler Books
28th out of 365 books — 341 voters
Where Is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen KatzToes, Ears, & Nose! by Marion Dane BauerWhite on Black by Tana HobanGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownSmile! by Roberta Grobel Intrater
Great Books for Babies
2nd out of 93 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Another favorite. Forget learning my body parts, this book is teaching me all about diversity. There's one girl who looks just like Aunt Jenny and a little black boy who looks just like Uncle Mo.
Nia King
Jul 04, 2014 Nia King added it
Shelves: identifying
This is a great way to introduce body parts! I love reading this to my daughter. There is a variety of vocabulary and descriptive illustrations.
Aletheia Ubben
A marginally interesting book. (Aletheia's review: The flaps are a mystery to me. I accidentally opened one by lifting it, but it was probably a mechanical error in the flap itself. Pushing on the flaps continues to appear the best approach.)
Personally I don't really like the pictures and writing as much as I could. Why the five stars? Because my son LOVES this book and really enjoys the 'surprise' under each flap. its well done, if not my style, and for that it gets the high rating.
Nov 24, 2010 Pamela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents of toddlers
Shelves: toddler-reads
"Toes, Ears, and Nose" by Marion Dane Bauer was a great learning tool for my daughter. And, the illustrations by Karen Katz complimented the book very well. It's a lift-the-flap book(my daughter loved doing that part). The flaps represent a piece of clothing or other item that you would have on your person such as a scarf, candy or even glasses. Each time a flap is lifted, it reveals a body part as the title suggests - "toes, ears, and nose" among others.
As a parent, I thoroughly recommend this
As a mother I don't like flap books (they get ripped and ruined so fast) but my daughter loves them.

I am not sure this book helped her learn her body parts as well as other books but it kept her entertained.
A great book for teaching children the names of body parts. It's also fun for them to move the flaps to reveal the different parts.
Michaelle Pretlow
This is a great way to introduce body parts! There are a variety of vocabulary. its a great kids book for learning body parts.
Great early reader and vocabulary building book. It teaches body parts and location words.
A great book about body parts featuring a diverse group of kids.
If your little one loves peek-a-boo, this book is a definite winner.
My son loved lifting all of the flaps!
This book has brightly colored pictures. The book says inside my mittens I have or under my hat I have… Then the child can lift the flap and see what is underneath. The book goes through different body parts and what you would find (hands, feet, teeth, ears, toes). It is a cute book about body parts. I think it is good for toddlers because they can guess what is underneath. It makes them think about what it is and making predictions. It is a board book with easy to lift flaps.
Another fantastic lift-the-flap book! The flaps are inventive: mittens, boots, earmuffs, a scarf etc. This is a great book to share one-on-one or with a group (especially the baby/toddler crowd) because body parts like elbows, knees, toes etc are hidden under the flaps and when revealed you can prompt your audience to point to the same part on their body. Also illustrator Karen Katz presents us with culturally diverse pictures of cute babies. Three cheers for this fabulous board book!
This book covers the smaller body parts. Or the not so famous ones... I've got fingers, toes, ears, nose, elbows, knees, back, belly button, teeth, tongue, and eyes. My son knows what eyes, mouth, belly button, feet, and hands and where they are. Working on teeth, fingers, toes, and tongue so this one I like out of the two body part (Where is Baby's Belly Button?) books. Trying to talk to him about knees, elbows, belly, back, bum, arms, and legs more also.
Cute book to show kids the different parts of the body. I'm afraid the liftable flaps will be easily ripped and the book will loose all purpose. I better enjoy the book while I still can!
Vicky McErlean
A good book for teaching body parts to little ones. The kids love lifting the flaps. The illustrations are simple but engaging. The only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is that I would have preferred that the author focus on feet instead of toes, arms instead of elbows, and hands instead of fingers, for example.
Aug 11, 2010 jacky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers
Got this for Natalie today at TJ Maxx for 5 bucks! I was looking through it while holding her and she seemed interested. It is a lift the flap book, which is what she is into right now. The illustrations are very cute and I like how it goes over body parts, even ones like elbows. Mike thought it was great, too!
This is a terrific book. At 13 months, it is Leo's absolute favorite. Great for reinforcing the body parts he already knew and has taught him a few new ones (e.g., tongue). The flaps probably won't last for long, but they are a bit more sturdy than some of the other pop-up books we have.
What's not to love about a flap book? This one has lots. And I like that it teaches body parts. Jack loved playing with his cousins a few weeks ago. So when I saw it at TJ Max, I picked it up for him. I think it looks cute and older style... like stuff I had as a little girl.
This is a very simple picture book with an interesting idea in the "Lift-the-Flap" concept.
After reading Marion Dane Bauer's "On My Honor" this is not what I would have expected to see from her! Still, "Toes, Ears & Nose" could be a good development tool for preschoolers.
Cassandra Roach
My 1 year old love this one! He loves to lift all the flaps and see the different body parts... at the end of the book, you lift up a "blanket" flap to reveal the whole child hiding underneath. My son cracks up at that EVERY time! A great book for young kids!
May 07, 2009 Katrina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Ages 6 Months + (as long as they don't control the flaps)
Shelves: boardbook
This is a good interactive book for teaching kids body parts. The language is simple and the illustrations are colorful with a diverse group of kids. Done right, this could be a great teaching tool.
This, along with Where is Baby's Pumpkin?, are my favorite Karen Katz books. My daughter LOVES this one, and, since we're teaching her where her toes, nose, ears, etc. are, it's educational, too.
Simple book, but Mikayla loved lifting the flaps and looking at all the body parts. After we read it through once she actually flipped the book over so we could read it again (she never does this).
Jun 22, 2015 Elisa marked it as picture-books-read
This is Elodie's favorite book, she loves to lift the flaps. Her favorite flap was the lollipop until she ripped it off (whoops!) she likes the page with teeth best.
Save this one for a kid who won't pull the flaps themselves, because they *will* rip them, unfortunately :(

But the content is great, that simple style that kids like.
A good next step up from Where Is Baby's Belly Button? with more advanced body parts like elbows and back. Same bright colors and fun flaps to lift.
Abbi Dion
Linnea (4 mos) and I do this one almost every day -- great contrast with the type and the pages, which are hard, and fun flaps to keep things fun fun fun!
I love this lift the flap book. Mommy and I find the body parts in the book, then I point out mine and say the words. I'm really good at it.
  • Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Clap Hands
  • In My Tree
  • Peekaboo Morning
  • Peek-a-Moo!
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
Marion Dane Bauer is the author of more than eighty books for young people, ranging from novelty and picture books through early readers, both fiction and nonfiction, books on writing, and middle-grade and young-adult novels. She has won numerous awards, including several Minnesota Book Awards, a Jane Addams Peace Association Award for RAIN OF FIRE, an American Library Association Newbery Honor Aw ...more
More about Marion Dane Bauer...
Am I Blue?: Coming Out from the Silence On My Honor Runt Land of the Buffalo Bones: The Diary of Mary Ann Elizabeth Rodgers, An English Girl in Minnesota (Dear America) How Do I Love You?