Start by marking “Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)” as Want to Read:
Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)

Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,541 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Help Baby discover toes, ears, nose, and more in this lift-the-flap book by Marion Dane Bauer and illustrated by Karen Katz!

Inside my boots I've got toes,
and beneath my scarf is a...

Baby is bundled in a mountain of clothes! Peek under the flaps of clothing to find out what's underneath, and play this fun peekaboo book again and again!
Board Book, 16 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Toes, Ears, & Nose!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toes, Ears, & Nose!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.A Pet Banana by Othen Donald Dale CummingsDear Zoo by Rod CampbellThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone
Best Toddler Books
34th out of 398 books — 367 voters
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra BoyntonBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Books for two-year-old children
51st out of 277 books — 226 voters

More lists with this book...

Jem
May 04, 2012 Jem rated it it was amazing
Another favorite. Forget learning my body parts, this book is teaching me all about diversity. There's one girl who looks just like Aunt Jenny and a little black boy who looks just like Uncle Mo.
Nia King
Jul 04, 2014 Nia King added it
Shelves: identifying
This is a great way to introduce body parts! I love reading this to my daughter. There is a variety of vocabulary and descriptive illustrations.
Kristen
May 01, 2016 Kristen rated it it was amazing
We picked this book up for free while we were attending the Festival of Tales event, at Paradise Valley Community College. The event was amazing and they provided us with 7 free books!

My daughter loves Karen Katz Lift-the-flap book. This is one we haven't seen or own! It's larger than the other cardboard lift-the-flap books we own which is nice. This focuses on body party again like "Where is Baby's Belly Button?", but there are more in depth body parts in this one - such as elbow, knee and toes
Rebecca
Oct 27, 2015 Rebecca rated it did not like it
When it comes to identifying body parts with young kids, I find no book to be a substitute to face to face engaging time with a child, and in fact feel this just detracts from that one on one, prop free play time with little ones. Flap lifting is always fun for kids, but I much prefer books that tell a story and have genuine surprises under the flaps that I can't simulate with basic interaction. The littlest of the little might not understand the story at first, but through engaged, interactive ...more
Aletheia Ubben
Feb 04, 2015 Aletheia Ubben rated it liked it
A marginally interesting book. (Aletheia's review: The flaps are a mystery to me. I accidentally opened one by lifting it, but it was probably a mechanical error in the flap itself. Pushing on the flaps continues to appear the best approach.)
jeanmarie
Nov 23, 2014 jeanmarie rated it it was amazing
Personally I don't really like the pictures and writing as much as I could. Why the five stars? Because my son LOVES this book and really enjoys the 'surprise' under each flap. its well done, if not my style, and for that it gets the high rating.
Pamela
Nov 24, 2010 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents of toddlers
Shelves: toddler-reads
"Toes, Ears, and Nose" by Marion Dane Bauer was a great learning tool for my daughter. And, the illustrations by Karen Katz complimented the book very well. It's a lift-the-flap book(my daughter loved doing that part). The flaps represent a piece of clothing or other item that you would have on your person such as a scarf, candy or even glasses. Each time a flap is lifted, it reveals a body part as the title suggests - "toes, ears, and nose" among others.
As a parent, I thoroughly recommend this
Megababy
Feb 28, 2016 Megababy rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
fun flap book to learn about clothes and body parts showing a diverse set of babies. but we are learning no to get flap books from the library because most of the flaps are missing or ripped.
Nick
Nov 24, 2015 Nick rated it liked it
Minus a star because my kid pulled the earflaps off of the hat and points and asks about them every time. It's like, yeah, there's just ears there because you broke it. Deal.
Valerie
Sep 03, 2015 Valerie rated it really liked it
A great book for teaching children the names of body parts. It's also fun for them to move the flaps to reveal the different parts.
Michaelle Pretlow
This is a great way to introduce body parts! There are a variety of vocabulary. its a great kids book for learning body parts.
Kimberly
Mar 15, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
Great early reader and vocabulary building book. It teaches body parts and location words.
Tiffany
May 06, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books, read-2014
If your little one loves peek-a-boo, this book is a definite winner.
Melissa
Nov 24, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Perfect and fun for my little baby.
Nicolas
Feb 21, 2015 Nicolas rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
My son loved lifting all of the flaps!
Jessica
Sep 12, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it
This book has brightly colored pictures. The book says inside my mittens I have or under my hat I have… Then the child can lift the flap and see what is underneath. The book goes through different body parts and what you would find (hands, feet, teeth, ears, toes). It is a cute book about body parts. I think it is good for toddlers because they can guess what is underneath. It makes them think about what it is and making predictions. It is a board book with easy to lift flaps.
Samantha
Apr 16, 2011 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic lift-the-flap book! The flaps are inventive: mittens, boots, earmuffs, a scarf etc. This is a great book to share one-on-one or with a group (especially the baby/toddler crowd) because body parts like elbows, knees, toes etc are hidden under the flaps and when revealed you can prompt your audience to point to the same part on their body. Also illustrator Karen Katz presents us with culturally diverse pictures of cute babies. Three cheers for this fabulous board book!
Savannah
Aug 21, 2013 Savannah rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This book covers the smaller body parts. Or the not so famous ones... I've got fingers, toes, ears, nose, elbows, knees, back, belly button, teeth, tongue, and eyes. My son knows what eyes, mouth, belly button, feet, and hands and where they are. Working on teeth, fingers, toes, and tongue so this one I like out of the two body part (Where is Baby's Belly Button?) books. Trying to talk to him about knees, elbows, belly, back, bum, arms, and legs more also.
Andrea
Feb 24, 2015 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: alex-books
Cute book to show kids the different parts of the body. I'm afraid the liftable flaps will be easily ripped and the book will loose all purpose. I better enjoy the book while I still can!
Beloved Girl
Jan 31, 2016 Beloved Girl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j1-j3
A Very good Book for teaching body parts for babies!
Vicky McErlean
Jul 04, 2013 Vicky McErlean rated it really liked it
A good book for teaching body parts to little ones. The kids love lifting the flaps. The illustrations are simple but engaging. The only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is that I would have preferred that the author focus on feet instead of toes, arms instead of elbows, and hands instead of fingers, for example.
jacky
Aug 11, 2010 jacky rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers
Got this for Natalie today at TJ Maxx for 5 bucks! I was looking through it while holding her and she seemed interested. It is a lift the flap book, which is what she is into right now. The illustrations are very cute and I like how it goes over body parts, even ones like elbows. Mike thought it was great, too!
Johanna
May 13, 2009 Johanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This is a terrific book. At 13 months, it is Leo's absolute favorite. Great for reinforcing the body parts he already knew and has taught him a few new ones (e.g., tongue). The flaps probably won't last for long, but they are a bit more sturdy than some of the other pop-up books we have.
Mindy
Oct 25, 2009 Mindy rated it really liked it
What's not to love about a flap book? This one has lots. And I like that it teaches body parts. Jack loved playing with his cousins a few weeks ago. So when I saw it at TJ Max, I picked it up for him. I think it looks cute and older style... like stuff I had as a little girl.
Josiah
May 09, 2009 Josiah rated it did not like it
This is a very simple picture book with an interesting idea in the "Lift-the-Flap" concept.
After reading Marion Dane Bauer's "On My Honor" this is not what I would have expected to see from her! Still, "Toes, Ears & Nose" could be a good development tool for preschoolers.
Cassandra Roach
Jul 15, 2009 Cassandra Roach rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-kids
My 1 year old love this one! He loves to lift all the flaps and see the different body parts... at the end of the book, you lift up a "blanket" flap to reveal the whole child hiding underneath. My son cracks up at that EVERY time! A great book for young kids!
Katrina
May 07, 2009 Katrina rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 6 Months + (as long as they don't control the flaps)
Shelves: boardbook
This is a good interactive book for teaching kids body parts. The language is simple and the illustrations are colorful with a diverse group of kids. Done right, this could be a great teaching tool.
Heather
May 05, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books, inv
This, along with Where is Baby's Pumpkin?, are my favorite Karen Katz books. My daughter LOVES this one, and, since we're teaching her where her toes, nose, ears, etc. are, it's educational, too.
Mikayla
Jun 25, 2010 Mikayla rated it really liked it
Simple book, but Mikayla loved lifting the flaps and looking at all the body parts. After we read it through once she actually flipped the book over so we could read it again (she never does this).
Connie
Jun 27, 2008 Connie rated it liked it
Save this one for a kid who won't pull the flaps themselves, because they *will* rip them, unfortunately :(

But the content is great, that simple style that kids like.
  • Peek-a-Baby: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Peek-a-Moo!
  • Animals
  • Peekaboo Morning
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
Marion Dane Bauer is the author of more than eighty books for young people, ranging from novelty and picture books through early readers, both fiction and nonfiction, books on writing, and middle-grade and young-adult novels. She has won numerous awards, including several Minnesota Book Awards, a Jane Addams Peace Association Award for RAIN OF FIRE, an American Library Association Newbery Honor Aw ...more
More about Marion Dane Bauer...