Start by marking “Whisper of Souls (Prophecy of the Sisters Novella #1)” as Want to Read:
Whisper of Souls (Prophecy of the Sisters Novella #1)

Whisper of Souls (Prophecy of the Sisters Novellas #1)

Before Prophecy of the Sisters, before Alice and Lia became pawns in the curse that turned sister against sister, the burden of the prophecy belonged to their mother, Adelaide. This is her story.

Adelaide Milthorpe is losing her grip on sanity. She is a Gate-a human portal to the Otherworlds, destined to bring forth Samael, the most powerful demon of all time, and his Lost
Published June 5th 2012 by Little Brown Books for Young Readers

The Selection by Kiera CassThe Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis by Sharon LedwithCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutDark Passage by M.L. Woolley
Young Adult NEW 2012 books
64th out of 79 books — 166 voters
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldHer Fearful Symmetry by Audrey NiffeneggerTwins by Caroline B. CooneyFlowers in the Attic by V.C. AndrewsWhat the Dead Know by Laura Lippman
Twin Thrillers
66th out of 112 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca
Jul 06, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
I loved this as a prequel to the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy. I think this would be a great novella to give to someone to get them interested in the series and I'm really looking forward to reading the other 2 novellas from Michelle!
Andrew
Jun 29, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Review Taken From The Pewter Wolf

When I found out that Michelle Zink had written ebook Novellas, I got excited (like Emma from Book Angel Booktopia). And when it was revealed that these three novellas were linked to her Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy, I was intrigued. I've only read the first book in the trilogy, and I do have copies of the rest of the trilogy and Michelle's newest novel, A Temptation of Angels, which I plan to read over the summer or fear Emma's wrath...

But with these novellas
Izabella
More reviews on my blog Pages Full of Stars.

My rating: 4.5/6

I’m really happy that there are three short stories to accompany the main trilogy! Whisper of Souls is the first of them and it gives us insight into Adelaide’s feelings right before she died. It’s amazing that even though her character wasn’t really present in Prophecy of the Sisters, it influenced everything so much, and in this story we learn how it happened. It was great to see things from her point of view, learn about the reasons
Mizuki
A novella about Lia and Alice's long-dead-never-been-in-the-book-did-nothing-aside-from-killing-herself mother?

No, thank you.

No. Hell no. I will not pick up this book.

(Link: http://vampirekiki.deviantart.com/art...)
Erin
Nov 07, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
"Whisper of Souls" is a prequel novella to the " Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy." The story centers around Adelaide, the mother of Alice, Lia, and Henry. As Adelaide struggles with her own maternal and wifely guilt, she can no longer deny that Samael and the souls are looking for her to join them. I enjoyed it.
Michelle Lynn
Jan 30, 2015 Michelle Lynn rated it really liked it
Michelle Zink is a genius.

I fell in love with Prophecy of the Sisters, so to read the story of Lia and Alice's mother was heartbreaking even though it is a short story.
Geri
Dec 05, 2014 Geri rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I didn't enjoy it as much as the books, mainly because I had little interest in Lia and Alice's mother. I found it a bit boring and slow, but it does give more depth to the character.
Karen Butcher
Feb 01, 2015 Karen Butcher rated it it was amazing
A heart warming story about a confused soul who felt she wasn't strong enough to fight the demons whispering to her. She decided to take her life rather than giving in yo the lost souls.
Kimberly
Dec 27, 2015 Kimberly rated it really liked it
It was really good to read Adelaide's, Alice and Lia's mother, side of what happened to lead her to the decision she chose. Good filling in the gaps of the main storyline.
Genesis Cordoba
Genesis Cordoba rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
Alysha
Alysha rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
Claudia
Claudia rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Sharla
Sharla rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Ashraks
Nov 12, 2012 Ashraks rated it liked it

Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2016
Danica Castillo
Danica Castillo rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2013
Mari Santana
Mari Santana rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Jennifer Trent
Dec 15, 2015 Jennifer Trent rated it it was amazing
Quick but fun and informative read!
Gemma Foo
Gemma Foo rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Yara
Yara rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Clare
Clare rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
 Milica Pavlović
Milica Pavlović rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2015
Jenni
Jenni rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Joan Roxas
Joan Roxas rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Das Erbe des Lichts (Grim, #2)
  • Wiedźma opiekunka, Część 2 (Wolha Redna, #4)
  • Saga Sigrun (Północna Droga, #1)
  • I Hunt Killers - Free Preview (The First 10 Chapters): with Bonus Prequel Short Story "Career Day"
  • Nomen omen
  • The Log Goblin
  • Верховная Ведьма (Белорийский цикл о ведьме Вольхе, #3)
  • The Mermaid Girl: A Story
  • Christmas with Anne and Other Holiday Stories
  • Henge (Le Fay, #1)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Between Worlds (Charmed, #20)
  • Moon and Madly (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #8)
  • Blood Red Riding Hood (Zombie Fairy Tales #4)
  • A Field Guide to Vampires: Annotated by Lucy Hamilton (Drake Chronicles, #4.5)
  • End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5)
  • The Rebel (The Maeve'ra, #1.5)
  • Everlasting Embrace (Embrace, #4)
Michelle Zink is author of the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy, A Temptation of Angels, and This Wicked Game. Her next book, Lies I Told, releases Spring 2015.

Learn more on Michelle's blog at www.michellezink.com.

More about Michelle Zink...

Prophecy of the Sisters Novellas (3 books)
  • Mistress of Souls (Prophecy of the Sisters Novella #2)
  • Rise of Souls (Prophecy of the Sisters Novella #3)