Yoga Directory

Yoga Directory

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  7 reviews

Yoga is not simply another form of exercise; it is a system of gentle physical and spiritual techniques for achieving balance and harmony, both within yourself and with your environment. The Yoga Directory makes the ideal starter manual or refresher course, taking the reader on a unique journey of self-discovery. It explores:

The underlying philosophy and some of the diffe...more
Hardcover
Published by Booksales

To ask other readers questions about Yoga Directory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yoga Directory

Crystal
I use this book when I do yoga at home and it has helped a lot! Of course having an instructor would be more beneficial but I am shy and this does the trick. There is a bit of a history lesson at the beginning which is interesting. I like the colour photographs of the poses and the suggested programs in the back. It is divided between beginners and intermediates with little tabs so it is easy to flick to the page you want. Plus I got it for mega cheap, so can't lose.
Kellea
This is a great resource for anyone who is a yoga beginner with a need to learn the basics about yoga. The history lesson at the beginning is great and the vivid photos that accompany each yoga post are fantastic. It's definitely something you should add to your fitness book collection.
Lulu
a very nice book that i am reading ,
i recomend yoga for every body , it provides tranquility and inner peace to your soul.
It's a simple guide, talks about all kinds of yoga and it's history with brief definitions of their terminologies.

Jodi
A descriptive guide to yoga informative enough for a beginner but not as good as a yoga class. I find it helpful between classes to remember some of the poses.
SpiritualJunky
Great as a guide and even good for the beginner but it doesn't replace having an instructor there helping you get into the correct positions.
Shaunda
I love this book! Its easy to follow along, with good descriptions of the various poses, and good pictures as well.
Marie M
Also just reninded me what I learned in the '70's...passed this one onto my spouse also.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Acp
Acp marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Beverly J.
Beverly J. marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Jenny
Jenny is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2014
Tabitha Parker
Tabitha Parker marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Jackie Gately
Jackie Gately is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2014
Nikki Lewis
Nikki Lewis marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Haley Brooks
Haley Brooks marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Emma
Emma added it
Aug 18, 2013
Ragnhildur Blöndal
Ragnhildur Blöndal is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2013
Alexandru
Alexandru marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2012
1 Dough, 100 Cookies: Take 1 Basic Recipe and Make 100 Kinds of Cookies 1 Stock, 100 Soups The Cocktail Bible: Silver Chinese: The Essence Of Asian Cooking Wok & Fabulous Fast Food With Asian Flavors: Stir Fry