Start by marking “Yoga Directory” as Want to Read:
Yoga Directory

Yoga Directory

Yoga is not simply another form of exercise; it is a system of gentle physical and spiritual techniques for achieving balance and harmony, both within yourself and with your environment. The Yoga Directory makes the ideal starter manual or refresher course, taking the reader on a unique journey of self-discovery. It explores:

The underlying philosophy and some of the diffe
Hardcover
Published by Booksales

To ask other readers questions about Yoga Directory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yoga Directory

Jan 18, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I use this book when I do yoga at home and it has helped a lot! Of course having an instructor would be more beneficial but I am shy and this does the trick. There is a bit of a history lesson at the beginning which is interesting. I like the colour photographs of the poses and the suggested programs in the back. It is divided between beginners and intermediates with little tabs so it is easy to flick to the page you want. Plus I got it for mega cheap, so can't lose.
Gail
Dec 23, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fitness, yoga
This is a really nice introduction to yoga. The introduction explains some of the different kinds of yoga, but not very exhaustively. You'll need to go somewhere else for that. The strength of the book is the very clear photos of the postures presented in a beginner chapter and a more advanced. The glossary is also very helpful to this beginner.
Lulu
Apr 04, 2008 Lulu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a very nice book that i am reading ,
i recomend yoga for every body , it provides tranquility and inner peace to your soul.
It's a simple guide, talks about all kinds of yoga and it's history with brief definitions of their terminologies.

Kellea
Jan 08, 2012 Kellea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fitness
This is a great resource for anyone who is a yoga beginner with a need to learn the basics about yoga. The history lesson at the beginning is great and the vivid photos that accompany each yoga post are fantastic. It's definitely something you should add to your fitness book collection.
Jodi
Jun 27, 2010 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A descriptive guide to yoga informative enough for a beginner but not as good as a yoga class. I find it helpful between classes to remember some of the poses.
Marie M
Sep 16, 2012 Marie M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Also just reninded me what I learned in the '70's...passed this one onto my spouse also.
Shaunda
Jan 26, 2008 Shaunda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! Its easy to follow along, with good descriptions of the various poses, and good pictures as well.
SpiritualJunky
Aug 27, 2011 SpiritualJunky rated it really liked it
Great as a guide and even good for the beginner but it doesn't replace having an instructor there helping you get into the correct positions.
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2011
Jeanie
Jeanie rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Ann Sullivan
Ann Sullivan rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Krissy
Krissy rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
May 10, 2012
Kara
Kara rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2012
Samantha Sears
Samantha Sears rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2016
Alyssa Stolze
Alyssa Stolze rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Charissa
Charissa rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Amelia
Amelia rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Jillian H
Jillian H rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Trey
Trey rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2013
Britney
Britney rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Martha Klinger
Martha Klinger rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Marcelle
Marcelle rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2008
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Crystal rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2011
Eilis Keely
Eilis Keely rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013