Start by marking “Spies on the Devil's Belt” as Want to Read:
Spies on the Devil's Belt

Spies on the Devil's Belt

A fourteen-year-old boy who signs on with the Continental Army is utilized as a spy in the Long Island Sound area to foil the progress of the British.
Published December 1st 1989 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Spies on the Devil's Belt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spies on the Devil's Belt

Tommy
May 17, 2016 Tommy rated it liked it
This book is about a fourteen years old kid join the army and fight for the army. After that he found a letter in the bread. After that he started to be a spy. I think the author didn't just write Jonathan is a spy. He gave reader the clue. In the book author gave reader the clear setting. He gave us clue of the setting and he even gave us a map. The author didn't gave us all the information in the first page of the book. He write the information like the captain is asking the information of ...more
Andy Ng
Apr 04, 2016 Andy Ng rated it it was amazing
I think this book is a very exciting book because of how the main character act in the book and also the background of this book and I think the author is doing a good job because he didn't just tell what happened in the story like if he is trying to say Jonathan is spy he won't just tell us he will say maybe he got a litter and what in the litter make Jonathan so Surprise that he can't even close his mouth, and the author do this because he want the reader to think about this book.
Jinwoo
Apr 04, 2016 Jinwoo added it
This book's genre is adventure. The author tries to show in the book how he is a spy with suspicious acts, for example the fake messages. The outdoor explains where he is from and the settings , for example it says Jonathan gave messages to British army and reminding there out comings and that describes where Jonathan is from. And author puts maps of the settings in Farfield Connecticut so that we can understand where transporting to.
In a scale of 10 this book is 7.5.
Ingrid
Sep 07, 2013 Ingrid rated it liked it
Don't ask me why but I have kept this book all these years with the intention of reading it. Since grade school! Anyway, I read it while I sat on the beach in Cape Cod and found it entertaining! It was a good story. I think I would have really like it 30 years ago too!
Cheyenne
Cheyenne rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Adam
Adam rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2009
William
William rated it did not like it
Aug 04, 2010
Ralph
Ralph rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
May 04, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2012
Christopher Roxby
Christopher Roxby rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Jason Cohen
Dec 16, 2012 Jason Cohen rated it it was amazing
Read it in the 5th grade and loved this book my entire life.
Delano Collins
Delano Collins rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
lahvyndr
lahvyndr rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2013
Veronica
Veronica rated it did not like it
May 24, 2008
Jesse
i thought it showed in more detail the Revolutionary war.
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2009
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2015
Robert Ellington
Robert Ellington rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Magaly
Aug 15, 2008 Magaly rated it it was amazing
I read this forever ago, I think in the third grade and I LOVED it!!
Bianca
Bianca rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Jerantino
Jun 26, 2012 Jerantino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book in fourth grade!
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2007
Kendra
Kendra rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
amy
amy rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2012
ABOUT ME

Maybe it's because my feisty grandma chased tarantulas around with a broom when we lived on an oil lease property when I was a baby that made me love danger and adventure. And maybe it was my father's spending nights as a trombonist with the bands of his day and his days spent drawing sketches that sparked my artistic side. Do you suppose that because my mother stood only four feet ten inc
More about Betsy Haynes...