Start by marking “The Naked Chef Takes Off” as Want to Read:
The Naked Chef Takes Off

The Naked Chef Takes Off

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  2,554 ratings  ·  37 reviews
In The Naked Chef Takes Off, Oliver returns to offer readers more easy and delicious stripped-down recipes. Oliver features mouthwatering breakfasts, tapas, roasts, fish, and desserts. Each recipe is accompanied by Oliver's commentary, which will encourage and inspire cooks of all levels! The Naked Chef Takes Off has sold more than 150,000 copies in hardcover in the U.S.
Published September 1st 2005 by Hachette Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Chef Takes Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Chef Takes Off

The Joy of Cooking by Irma S. RombauerHow To Cook Everything by Mark BittmanMastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia ChildBetter Homes and Gardens New Cook Book by Better Homes and GardensMy Greek Traditional Cook Book 1 by Anna Othitis
Best Cookbooks
289th out of 882 books — 923 voters
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahPush by SapphireTrue to the Game by Teri WoodsB-More Careful by Shannon HolmesThe Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X
Good Urban Literature
118th out of 144 books — 234 voters

More lists with this book...

Klinta (book owly)
I love Jamie and his thoughts about veg and home cooking.

In this book though everything is so... Italian? Well I don't like pancetta or Parma ham, honestly, I don't like any cured, hard meats. But most of the recipes have them, which is a little sad for my home cooking.

And since I have worked in quite a few kitchens now already, some of the things were familiar to me already (but that is not a bad thing, I just got a bit more inspired to do something like that at home as well).

Nevertheless, the
Jaya K
The first cookbook I cooked almost half the recipes from. So much yum. Reads like lit--apparently he speaks his recipes aloud and they're written by someone else. Could be urban myth.
Jamie is
Ate adaptations of most of these recipes when I had a vegan roommate who also cooked everyday.
Fortheloveofdanes
I love all of his cook books, simple, raw and outstanding
pommito
My first Jamie's book while I live in London
Theresa Stevens
This is the last purchased book of Jamie Oliver's cooking in my bookshelf. I bought this hard copy soon after it was out on the shelves in 2000. Again a cute book with lots of delicious looking pictures. Wow, I still have a marker in on p.219 'baked carrots with cumin, thyme, butter and Chardonnay'! Sometimes it is difficult to know how to present vegetables in a different, interesting, tasty way.
I even tried his Chocolate twister bread - turn out was interesting, but I am not the official bread
Lwg
Even if you're not a fan of Jamie Oliver, this book has a good range of basic recipes and lots of ideas for informal entertaining, although there's a bit too much of the 'pile it all on a plate and invite everyone to share' approach.
Kecia
I love pasta. I can eat it everyday and be happy. This book is full of great pasta recipes. I have now prepared all of them and they are all winners! I also made the roasted beets this summer and it was to die for. Even those who think they don't like beets would probably love Jamie's recipe.

I'm now starting on some of the starters and snacks.

This is one my favorite all time cookbooks.
Stacy
I got this as a birthday present when I was 16. Stared at the beautiful pictures for ages, and when I began actually making some of the recipes, found they were excellent as well. I am especially fond of the Roast Chicken, the Asian salad (I add noodles for a no-cook meatless dinner), and the Pukkolla, best make-ahead breakfast ever.
Ms.
Jamie's way of cooking - a glob of this and a crank of that...it's right up my alley. Everything I've made that's been inspired by this book has been freakin' fabulous. My fave is the avocado/watercress/new potato salad - just toss it all together with some good olive oil, fresh lemon, salt and peppa! Mmmmmmm......
emily
brother got me this for christmas- haven't done even a fraction of the recipes yet, but just from reading it i can tell i'm going to love it. everything looks so tasty and he explains it all so i think even an extreme novice would be able to do a lot of the recipes. jamie oliver is my jam!
Elizabeth
Dec 10, 2006 Elizabeth rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Foodies
Shelves: cookbooks
My favorite and only cookbook. I love the ravioli with ricotta cheese and pine nuts and basil. Also I've made the pot roast with peaches and sunchokes, which taste like really savory potatoes. Its delicious slathered in peach juice. Yummy.
Maddy
This is a re-read for me -- Thanksgiving is next week! This book taught me how to make the bomb baked chicken with lemon, I highly recommend it. A little more free-form than most cookbooks, but lots of fun and great pictures.
Clare
This book, known as The Return of the Naked Chef where I come from, is the Jamie Oliver book I use most frequently, except perhaps Jamie's Dinners. The latter section on sauces, pickles, dips etc is outstanding.
Peter
May 07, 2010 Peter rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves cooking!
Shelves: cooking, books-i-own
This is a very worthwhile cook- book. Packed with all the recipes that hve hallmarks of Jamies simple yet delicious style, this will keep any keen cook occupied for a long while to come.
Valerie
Although Jamie is adorable and his recipes are lovely/easy, I found it somehow obnoxious that all receipes imitated his actual way of speaking - casual, choppy, a little too cute.
Maya Dellor
Most of the recipes are pretentious and impractical but the basics like bread, pizza and pasta (without the expensive sauces and toppings) are explained well.
Lisa's book adventures
Always delicious recipes, and non deceiving pictures; it shows the food in a 'I could have made this' way.
Success guaranteed with this book.
Erin
this is a tricky book to cook with - as several of the recipes include errors - but the photos and the ideas are fun, and the layout is pretty
Missy
I enjoyed the recipes in here and have had trouble deciding what to make first! I borrowed it from the library and I would like to buy a copy.
Megan
Jamie's recipes are easy to follow. The risotto recipes are delicious and simple to make. The photography in this book is wonderful.
Steph Fisher
May 22, 2007 Steph Fisher rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: foodies
I sat down and read this cookbook like a novel, it was that entertaining. Beautiful pictures, delicious recipes and instructions.
Naomi
Got a few good recipes out of this, that I am looking forward to trying. I do like Jamie Oliver and his yummy food!
Lynda
One of the best cookbooks I have read in years. Has a veritable forest of tags for recipes I am going to try.
Anne
I like this cookbook, I don't use it as heavily as some of my others but it has some gems in there!
Lisa
Sep 23, 2008 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Fantastic cooking book. I also love Jamie!!!!! Great easy to make delicious recipes!
keong nakal
Aug 13, 2007 keong nakal added it
Recommends it for: all
jamie smiles o so cute,
witty silly funny dude,
n he can cooks great yummy foods...

Lusitarius
Näyttäviä reseptejä, joista kovin montaa ei kuitenkaan tee mieli kokeilla.
Lyne
Love all the pictures and can't wait to try several if these.
  • Appetite
  • Forever Summer
  • Delia's How to Cook: Book One
  • Off The Shelf: Cooking From the Pantry
  • Mario Batali Simple Italian Food: Recipes from My Two Villages
  • The River Cottage Cookbook
  • The Cook's Companion
  • Thai Food

James Trevor "Jamie" Oliver, sometimes known as The Naked Chef, is an English chef and media personality well known for his growing list of food-focused television shows, his more recent roles in campaigning against the use of processed foods in national schools, and his ca
More about Jamie Oliver...
Cook with Jamie Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals Jamie's Italy Happy Days With The Naked Chef