Start by marking “Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)” as Want to Read:
Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)

Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney #4)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  12,444 Ratings  ·  993 Reviews
HE’S USED TO GETTING WHAT HE WANTS…

A former football star and one of Chicago’s top prosecutors, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cade Morgan will do anything to nail a corrupt state senator, which means he needs Brooke Parker’s help. As general counsel for a restaurant company, she can get a bug to the senator’s table at one of her five-star restaurants so the FBI can eavesdrop on
Mass Market Paperback, 274 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Love Irresistibly, please sign up.

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
62nd out of 2,461 books — 12,430 voters
The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberThe Home Court Advantage by N.M. SilberSomething About You by Julie JamesPractice Makes Perfect by Julie JamesJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James
Lawyers In Love
6th out of 80 books — 199 voters

More lists with this book...

Jill
Jun 09, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Feminista

description

Cade Morgan, a top assistant U.S attorney needs help in gathering evidence against a corrupt politician. Knowing that the senator will be dining at a Sterling Restaurant, he enlists the help of Brooke Parker, general counsel for Sterling Restaurants.

All-in-all this is nice, easy contemporary romance. Nothing particularly new, a little formulaic, but it still works. The plot is a little light, but still held my interest. The bromance between Cade and his young half-brother, Zach was delightful. T
Catarina
5 Irresistible Stars.

description

Cade is on the verge of catching a corrupt senator but for gathering the last evidences she needs help. And the person perfect for helping is Brooke, businesswoman extraordinaire.
That one help soon turns into something more and quickly they find themselves tangled in each other. And not only on the sheets.
But behind his sexy and confident exterior Cade hides some secrets about his past. And from a broken boy he turn into a broken man that hides under a shield of sarcasm a
Susanne
ohlalala

*Happy sniffle* This is the most wonderful book that I've read in a very long time. The wait for the paperback was so worth it! Straight to favs! It is a wonderful romance. And it is more than a romance; it is also a story about two fantastic individuals. I was incredibly fond of their personal stories; and I cared for both Brooke and Cade. The both grow tremendously over the course of the book. They are my new favorite couple!

Brooke is an ambitious, career oriented and extremely successful lawy
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I adore everything Julie James writes and this was another winner! With intelligent characters, witty dialogue, snappy banter, sarcastic, sexy quips, and sizzling chemistry, her books never fail to please. And she’s definitely turned up the heat with steamier love scenes! Cade was such a yowza, yummy hero, and he and Brooke made an appealing, enjoyable couple.

I just wish she wrote more and faster, but without sacrificing the quality that marks every single one of h
Jess
Mar 29, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog Rating: A

His eyes were dark. “Brooke.”

She knew what he was asking. “Yes.”

Immediately, Cade took her hand and led her – quite briskly – along the sidewalk.

“Thank God I’m not wearing the red high heels today,” she said.

“In two minutes you’ll be wearing nothing,” he said in a low voice.

Well, then.

Brooke has been working hard to prove herself for years. Starting when she young and her parents moved her into one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Ch
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

When I read a Julie James book, there are three things that are guaranteed to happen – I will smile, I will laugh and I will undoubtedly fall in love with a hero who has a four letter name. Most recently, I fell in love with Cade Morgan.

Julie James has a spectacular talent for taking ordinary events and writing them so that they are charming, heart-warming and sexy. Brooke Parker is a general counsel for a restaurant company. She is successful and beautiful but also a workaholic. After being du
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Actual rating : 2.5 stars

First of all : No insufferable ramblings, no Penny Reid heroine syndrome

MY SANITY SAYS THANK YOU.

A strong, fierce and powerful female-lead who doesn't need a man to be awesome (*GASP*), who has a great job (*GASP*) and whose "hormones" don't fucking tick (I KNOOW!). Why, she's not flawless for sure, but she spreads these little vibes of badassery I crave to find in chick-lit heroines.

There's no slut-shaming involved, because Brooke doesn't need to belittle other wo
Patricia
While I get the feeling that James' characters are somewhat replacable (witty, sassy and successful), I enjoyed this very much. The story was more emotional to some extents than her previous books have been, and I have to admit that the Cade/Noah/Zach story really got to me. I'm glad it wasn't Brooke's background-story, because that might have made me even more emotional.

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy her titles as much if I read them back to back, especially if her future novels keep featuring the
Sheryl
Jul 10, 2014 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Sigh-worthy.... Bloody loved it, but it's almost 1am and I gotta get to bed, so I'll write my review when I get up....
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
I can't express how disappointed I am that the hero of this book isn't Sam Wilkins. I knew it was between Cade and Sam (and you can see me trying to guess in my status updates for About That Night), but since Sam didn't get his moment in book two I was hoping his time would be now. I am legit sad and it has kind of dampened my excitement for the book a lot. That said, I am, of course, going to read this. JJ is my favorite contemporary romance author, and I am guaranteed a good story.

Side note: S
Keertana
Apr 03, 2013 Keertana rated it liked it
Love Irresistibly, like all of James's previous novels, makes its reader waste countless minutes reading instead of doing anything productive. And I suffered for it last night with my minimal sleep time, and while I can't say it was wholly worth it, it was fun. Love Irresistibly follows Brooke and Cade Morgan, two people who are work-a-holics to the extent where they've been unable to keep a successful relationship past four months. After working together on a small FBI mission, the two give int ...more
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥

I have always loved Julie James' FBI/US Attorney series and the fourth installment, Love Irresistibly did not disappoint.

I like how Ms. James writes her heroines. They are not Mary Sues (thank God!). They are smart, funny and driven woman with just enough vulnerability to make them relatable. Not all of us are as beautiful or as successful as Brooke Parker but her struggle to balance her work and personal life is something that most women relate to. I really think Ms. James struck a chord with
Mei
Apr 11, 2013 Mei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary

Reading this book is like being a lazy cat sitting in from of the fireplace happy and cozy!

It is relaxing and without heartaches. It is simple and interesting without being overwhelming. It is heartwarming. It is nice. It is sexy. It is funny. It is real.

I liked both Cade and Brooke. They are real persons with real lives and real jobs. They don't have private jets, they don't have jachts, villas, islands... They work hard. They have problems fitting their private life with their jobs. It all fel
Mo
Apr 04, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like all of Julie's books. Something familiar about reading them. Like comfort food, I kinda know what to expect and am usually not disappointed.
Kindle Gal
Review and author interview posted on Kindles & Wine

Seriously, I think Julie James laces her books with crack or something. I’m so hooked on her writing! It’s smart and smooth like butter. Love Irresistibly is Book 4 in one of my all-time favorite contemporary romance series and ranks way, WAY up there as one of my favorite contemporary romance books ever.

Brooke Parker is a kick-ass lawyer. She’s wicked smart, über business savvy, and at the top of her game. Her company, Sterling Restauran
Jamie
Apr 04, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Another Julie James Heart Melter...

Julie James is another of my favorite writers...I know when I pick up her book its going to be good. I've really enjoyed this entire seris.

Brooke is a special councel attorney for a large resturant conglomerate.. she's beautiful, single.. and BUSY. Has no time for relationships but that doesnt mean she hasn't tried. She's been dumped 3 times in past 18 months due to her being to busy to take time for her guys and enjoy life...

Cade is a super sexy US Attorne
Emma
Aug 25, 2014 Emma rated it it was amazing
edit : reread august 2014. What a wonderful story. Definitely one of my all time favotites.

original review (april 3rd 2013) :

What a great book and YES yet another winner from Julie James. You can be mad a her for taking her sweet time writing her books but there is no denying that she does make up for it in the end. I mean the girl always delivers, always, and of course it's not getting old !

I loved everything about this book but most particularly I loved Cade and Brooke. They were perfect chara
Mary C. *Nulla in mundo pax sincera*
Another riveting read from Julie James, and one I am not about to forget for a while. LOVE IRRESISTIBLY differs from the previous books in the FBI/U.S. Attorney series in being more character driven, and less reliant on a grander premise to draw the hero and heroine together. The story is Cade and Brooke, just them, and how they each invaded each other's lives in the most touching and necessary of ways.

Brooke Parker is a successful General Counsel for an expanding restaurant company. She has not
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

Dude! Julie James rocks. Seriously, I've enjoyed all of her books, but she just keeps getting better and better.

There just isn't anything NOT to like about this book. I LOVED Brooke and Cade. The banter, the snark, the awesome one liners had me grinning like a silly fool the whole book.

I'd start with some quotes, but honestly, there are just SO many great lines, I don't think I could choose.

If you like contemporary romance at all -do yourself a favor - read it. You won't be sorry - promise (and
Anne OK
Apr 02, 2013 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
The best yet from Julie James! She's upped the heat level considerably in this one and it really worked -- real well, along with fabulous characters that you can't help but fall in love with, and a storyline that tugs at your heartstrings and makes you sad to see it end.

Now on to Kristen Ashley's "Own the Wind" and then I'll write reviews.
Paula

Three years ago I read my first Julie James book, Something About You, and I’ve been addicted to her writing style ever since. I’m never left feeling disappointed after reading one of her books because, WOW, the woman definitely knows how to write a contemporary with the perfect blend of romance, sizzling sexy times, wickedly funny humor, and smart characters. Love Irresistibly has exceeded my expectations and is WAY up there as one of my all-time favorite contemporary romance I’ve read thus far
Jonetta
Sep 08, 2014 Jonetta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Assistant US Attorney Cade Morgan meets Brooke Parker, general counsel for a restaurant company, when he needs to set up a sting at one of her dining locales. Though there's obviously an attraction, her past relationships haven't survived the rigors of her career and he never has progressed beyond casual.

Story dynamics
Though there's an element of suspense centered around the sting, it's minor as the real issues are focused on Cade and Brooke's re
Jane Stewart
3 stars. I keep using the word nice when describing this book.

It’s above average, but I’m having trouble saying I really liked it which is my definition of 4 stars. A lot of fun casual bantering. I smiled often. A gentle way to pass the time if you’re in the mood for contemporary romance. Young singles very successful at their jobs. They have good friends who are supportive. The subjects range from problems with family members, working too much, not enough time to date, and needing more balanc
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in Julie James' FBI/US Attorney series. Brooke Parker is a hard-working lawyer and employed as general counsel for the Sterling Corporation. The Sterling Corporation, the owner of several reastaurants in the Chicago area, is growing and expanding into other areas and Brooke Parker is putting in the hours to get the company on top. This isn't good for relationships, however. U.S. Attorney Cade Morgan needs Sterling's cooperation to carry out a sting operation and get the evidence ...more
Kari
May 05, 2013 Kari rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kari by: veronika
OK. This is me gushing over Julie James and this book. It was fantastic. This series keeps getting better and better! Plus, we got a LOT of updates on the couples from Books 1-3 which was fun.

So this is Cade Morgan.
 photo matt-bomer_zps33b9b96a.jpg

Cade was raised by a single mother, turned into a college football star and was injured in a game-winning, career-ending play in the Rose Bowl. He moved onto Plan B, law school, and is an Assistant US Attorney in Chicago.

He has some daddy issues - his father abandoned his mother whe
AJ
Nov 07, 2014 AJ rated it really liked it
Another great read from Julie James. This series is a go-to for me when I want a great story with intelligent, likeable characters, witty dialogue that always makes me laugh, and great romance with a bit of sexy time. And she never lets me down.

This time around, it’s savvy lawyer and businesswoman, Brooke Parker, and Assistant US Attorney, Cade Morgan (who we got to know a bit in the last book).

Brooke and Cade are great characters, but both are very committed to their careers, and having minim
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Wow! I really enjoyed reading this novel. However, that came as no surprise. I adore Julie James writing and honestly I adore her as a person. I love her facebook and blog updates. You could say im safely obsessed :) Anywho, this book was a refreshing fun read. I enjoy the fact that she doesn't make stupid contemporary romance characters. I love how accomplished and well rounded every character that she develops is. Also, her books get better and better....and STEAMIER AND STEAMIER. Her first bo ...more
♥Rachel♥
Mar 27, 2014 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
Loved this one. Review to come.
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 26, 2015 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is my favorite of the series, so far. Which is saying something at book four. Some of that is the main couple. Some of that is the surrounding characters, particularly Cade and Brooke's friends. And some of that is that this is the first where nobody was ever in any danger, ever, and I really like James' way with a romantic plotline.

I could do details, but by this time, you really shouldn't be this far in the series without having read the others first. And having read the others, you know
Mimi Smith
Jul 17, 2014 Mimi Smith rated it really liked it
4 stars

I know I meant to review this. I KNOW it. Sadly, things happened and I forgot, but now I found some quotes I had marked. In the place of a real review accept them and the universally acknowledged truth "It's Julie James, ergo it's awesome in its writing, humor, characterization and relationship building". I still prefer Kyle, though :)

“Do you have a court order to do this?” Brooke asked.
“No.” Seated across the desk from her, flanked by the two FBI agents, Cade appeared unconcerned with
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 May 14, 2015 10:10AM
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
  • Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Jackson, #2)
  • Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (Playboys, #4)
New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into seventeen languages and Julie’s eighth novel, SUDDENLY ONE SUMMER, is now available.

Julie Jame
More about Julie James...

FBI/US Attorney (6 books)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
  • Flirty Little Secrets (FBI/US Attorney, #6)

“I love you. On intense days. On good days. On long, exhausting work days. On really strange days when I find out that I have a long-lost brother. And most of all, on days when you make me smile, which happens to be every day I'm with you. You are not just a big-picture girl for me, Brooke Parker. You're the only picture.” 90 likes
“I heard this theory once that love means your subconscious is attracted to someone else’s subconscious.” 66 likes