Start by marking “The Star Group” as Want to Read:
The Star Group

The Star Group

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  728 ratings  ·  19 reviews
There is no going back.

Six of them, three guys and three girls, are on a journey. An adventure beyond the imagination.

They are transformed into powerful beings, able to change the world. But something goes wrong. One of them is evil - and stronger than the rest.

And it will destroy the Star Group.
Published January 14th 1998 by Hodder Children's Books (first published November 30th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Star Group, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Star Group

Megan
I read this at a very young age, probably in the sixth grade or so, and I still remember it well to this day. Obviously the story had an impact.

It's an interesting story if you like sci-fi and self discovery with a few good twists and turns and a dash of betrayal thrown in.

A very quick read at this age but I still enjoy it ;)
Chris
I really just read this book because I had nothing else to read at our Beach condo for the week. The plot line was so fake.... Like not even the sci-fi part. Just not a good book at all, and I will attempt to avoid Mr. Pike's work in the future.
PurplyCookie
"The Star Group" was not very grand or exceptionally written. It spanned a short period of time, and didn't get you very involved with the characters. It almost seemed like a recap of some greater story. The plot advances too fast, there is no time to grasp the deep meanings. The synopsis and the back cover are very misleading. Not much happens -- it was a good idea that could have been written much better.

To the credit of the book, it had a very original premise, and an imaginative story.

Book
Sebastian
The book I read is call The Star Group there are five best friends really best friends they hang out all the times. all five friends are all graduated from High School. So now they can do whatever they want.So then they all decide to go camping in a place with cabins and stay for a week.That when terror comes so read the book to find out what happens.

What left with a question is why did they decide to go camping and make bad things happen?
Belinda
This was a kind of a good one but too rushed and short. The characters had so much potential but we didn't get to know them which was unfortunate.

Pike should have made it a trilogy like chain letter or final friends.
Gale was too suspicious too fast and people died too early and too easily.

It would have been a wonderful story if it had been longer.

The ending sucked!!!
Ashley
I barely remember this book, but I think it was around this point that I started to not like Christopher Pike's book. I don't know if it was because I'd outgrown them or if they'd just started to be not as good as they used to be, but this was definitely one of the two novels that made me stop picking up his stuff from the Young Adult section.
Julissa
I read this book when I was in high school, I liked it then, and I like it now. The story was really good, and the ending completely threw me off, and there was a moment that I sat there just staring at the book wandering what in the world happened and how. This is just my opinion of course, but if you give it a chance it grows on you.
Abbi Dion
I read the last two chapters at midnight on Friday and scared the living daylights out of myself. I hate that feeling/love that feeling. Not Pike's best work, from the perspective of sheer writing, but the story was nice and odd and compelling. Cheers!
Alonzo
This is a really great book, it gives you a big imagination of other perspectives of life.I enjoyed this book it was a real nail biter. I couldn't put it down . I wish there were more books like these.
lisa
this is pretty much a classic ya pike book: the writing and plot are pretty meh, but the story is rich and brilliant. boyfriend writes some terrible dialogue though, let me tell you.
Monica
The premise was good but I really wanted Pike to go further with this idea. I was wanting more interaction with Mentor. Overall, disappointing.
Myne
very interesting............v tried da magnet trick a million times ourselves.....lolz n found out wat da word mentor means

Laurie
Really started out strong, fizzled out. Very uneven, especially plot wise. Fairly predictable. Low on the classic Pike moments.
Audrey
One of my favorite authors. Some stuff is brilliant, some is just bizarre.
Jenn
This was a weird one. Not my favorite Christopher Pike book.
Mhnr
It was great ;) love all pike books ice read :)
Bridgett
Fun to read, but predictable ending.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jillian Beaton
Jillian Beaton marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Ariana
Ariana added it
Apr 27, 2015
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • The Passion (Dark Visions, #3)
  • Who Killed the Homecoming Queen? (Fear Street, #48)
  • The Stolen Diary (Sweet Valley High, #84)
  • Sisters in Crime (The Nancy Drew Files, #19)
  • We are the Monsters
  • The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy, #1)
  • Voracious
  • Prom Date
  • Gallows Hill
19954
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike...
Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2) Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn (Thirst, #3) Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death (Thirst, #4) Remember Me (Remember Me, #1)