Start by marking “Tales of Terror” as Want to Read:
Tales of Terror

Tales of Terror (Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  396 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Six chilling stories from the master of horror...

Death of Despair - a terrifying nightmare that is all too real.

The Fan From Hell - the Master of Murder revisited as his number one fan tries blackmail.

Last Dawn - the end of humanity looms as the world freezes over.

Timespell - a visit from time-travellers changes six teenagers' lives for ever.

Revenge - a wicked retaliation
Published December 1999 by Hodder Children's Books (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Tales of Terror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of Terror

Rozeq
I have become fond of Christopher Pike's books. They are books that refuse to be let go of, and since they are small, you won't get overwhelmed, as I do at times. Every page is a different mystery, different outcome, but it is still possible to keep track of all characters.

At first, I did not think this book would have individualized stories until I realized the plot was sped up. You must be a little mature when reading this book at times though. There are six tales in all. Many of the tales ha
PurplyCookie
"Death of Despair" >> A guy wakes up and is told he's dead and must move on...but is it really happening? a terrifying nightmare which is all too real, in more ways than one.

"The Fan From Hell" >> An amazing short story that was a semi-sequel to Pike's "Master of Murder". Pike leads the reader in many twists and turns. Even though Pike insists Marvin isn't suppose to be based on him, I still think a portion of Marvin has Pike's brilliance and personality.

"The Last Dawn" >> What
Rina Hidayati
Many of longtime fans’ Christoper Pike will think that this story originated with Remember Me ( The story before), and it’s possible the Author was influenced by it because the Author had only recently reread the book when He decided to write “Death of despair.” In either case He think the origin of Death of despair was simply a recurring image of Mike waking up alone and having no idea what was happening. He often wake up like that himself, But He do not know young women as dreamy as Penny, Lin ...more
Alana
The 4th star is for the insight of his introductions. He calls himself a genius and says he never dated in high school. Wow.
Cassi
So, I have slowly been letting go of all my YA books as people have been asking for them, but trying to give them one last read first. Anyway, this one brought me back, good ol' Christopher Pike with cheesy high school stereotype characters, some morbid but creative premise, and all the character hormones raging enough to make a big mess. I'm not so sure I should have been reading these when I was 8-10... eeks.
Denis
Pike's writing is just so natural ... his thrillers are all simply brilliant stories told by a consummate storyteller.

This particular collection of short stories is entertaining for a quick read; I especially liked "The Fan From Hell".
Adebayo Adebomi
filled with suspense and intrigue. you never know whatsgoing to happen next. A very sho cking novel. Very intresting.
Sasha Enge
would have been 5stars, but the last story sucked! so I figured 4 great stories out of 5 makes 4stars : D
Audrey
One of my favorite authors. Some stuff is brilliant, some is just bizarre.
Aiki
This book made me start liking this kind of genre back when I was in 5th grade.
Maaam
Maaam added it
Dec 18, 2014
Sls
Sls marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Mehma Kunwar
Mehma Kunwar marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Jack
Jack added it
Dec 03, 2014
Watson
Watson marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Sugar Free
Sugar Free marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Karena Sparkles
Karena Sparkles marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Yemi Sanchez
Yemi Sanchez marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Melanie Carter
Melanie Carter marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • The First Horror (99 Fear Street: The House of Evil, #1)
  • The Mall
19954
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike...
Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2) Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn (Thirst, #3) Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death (Thirst, #4) Remember Me (Remember Me, #1)