Start by marking “Goodbye Phillip (Love is Always Write)” as Want to Read:
Goodbye Phillip (Love is Always Write)
read book

Goodbye Phillip (Love is Always Write)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  377 ratings  ·  41 reviews
I must have been on a new papa high! Whatever made me think I could prepare a gourmet christening dinner for our new baby girl? I hope he comes back with the christening cake soon--why is he calling me now? it's getting late…hey babe! what do you mean my baby craziness is freaking you out? what do you mean you need some 'me' time?? what do you mean you're at the airport??

S
53 pages
Published June 6th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Goodbye Phillip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodbye Phillip

Arthur

The initial setting reminds me of Sean Michael's Daddy, Daddy and Me : an established couple breaks up when they get a baby since only one of them wants to have her. The other one drops the relationship like a hot potatoes.

I like that Stefan is depicted as a guy. His behavior, take it or leave it, fits well with my perception about guys in his situation. He accepts Gregg's behavior for a time being, but he is also firm. If Gregg wants to be with them for long term, something has to cha
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

This was an adorable story. One I thought was very nicely done considering it is Ms. Devon's first m/m contemporary.

I really liked that we got to know the characters a bit and that baby Emily wasn't just a prop. She was a real, big part of the story and I really enjoyed that. Stefan was a bit funny and Greg was a bit of an ass but he loosened up eventually.

I wished the story had been longer so we could have been able to see more of them together. Maybe see how Greg actually acts now t
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions

I loved this story. I was really glad with how it went, the prompt made me a little nervous but I liked it.

I would have given five stars except the time line was jumpy for me. I'd like to know more about the huge gaps the story skipped and stuff

Also like more where Greg isn't being a douche. It seems like he just starts to come around and it's the end.

Still a great free story
Lilli *slowest reader ever*
Usually I give books with babies in it a wide berth because there's too much baby in it for my peace of mind. For this one I made an exception because, well, it's free and it's gotten good reviews.

It was a cute and satisfying read. I even had a few really good laughs but I'm worried that it wasn't supposed to be funny and consequently I will be chased down by the mob for being a heartless cynic or something. Whatever. My favorite part was this one: Greg rearranged Emily so she squirmed and snugg
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Sweet free read.
I wasn't sure I was going to like Greg much, but he managed to turn it around, I just really really wanted more of them together to see the attraction a bit more and see how 'life outside the closet' worked for them.
Stefan was great, no 'woe is me' just move on and does what needs to be done and thank goodness Emily isn't the 'perfect' seen but not heard baby!
Edina Rose

Super feel-good story that melted my heart. A young baby, a wonderful adoptive dad, a wonderful biological uncle and Phillip, the dad's ex-boyfriend, firmly out of the way.
I loved everything about the story: the plot, the dialogues, the characters. I gave a big plus for making me relive the bliss of being a new parent, from the awe you feel at holding your baby for the first time to the pleasure of sharing new kind of family moments with the one you are in love with. It does not get better than
Yvonne
4.5 Stars I really liked this short story. The pacing & flow was nice & smooth with enough content in it without feeling rushed. Of course, due to length some details about the relationship is skimmed over. I also wasn't sure about this at first because of it being a kid fiction but this one avoided being too cutesy sweet. (The title did put me off for a while because I thought maybe it was about someone dying--Not the case at all) Great story & it's free!
Deeze
This was an OK read especially as it was free, but sadly it didn't really live up to expectations. I was looking forward to a bit of Angst, or at least some drama but instead got an overly simplistically told sugary sweet story. Ideal if that’s what you are in the mood for.
Summer Devon
Jun 10, 2012 Summer Devon added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hello!

I've loaded a free copy of this story (slightly edited) up at allromanceebooks and smashwords. Plus there is a free PDF version at this dropbox link.
Karl
3.5 stars. A nice sweet free romance from last year's MM Romance group event. The ending/epilogue was a bit rushed and thrown together so it threw me off a little.
Sandra
[image error]

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Four.

This is a really sweet story that starts out with Stefan getting hung up on by his partner of 4 years after they've recently adopted a daughter together. Stefan realizes Phillip never really wanted Emily and he loves her and is fine raising her alone. In walks Greg. I really liked their developing relationship and the different interactions they had. The only reason this is probably a 4 instead of a 5 sta
mw138
Sweet story, but Greg was such a jerk all the time! I really liked Stefan and appreciated his strength and resilience.
Bettye Kanady
Nov 27, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
GlamLawyer
3.5 stars rounded up because I want more of them. I know some reviewers hated Greg. But actually I'd live to read more about him and his journey. A very complex person. I loved how Stefan was able to see him through all the BS. Stefan was a great MC too. A very lovely and strong character. That was a good read.
Tsubame
Paseando por acá me encontré con esta historia.
Cortita, no me esperaba encontrar lo con esto. Bonita, bastante realista y con un hermoso bebé. ¿Qué mas puedo pedir?

Muchas gracias Summer Devon por compartir esta historia con nosotros!
Wendy Ann
I really enjoy a sweet m/m romance featuring kids. The interactions with the baby (Emily) in this story seemed very realistic as were the fears and concerns that Stefan was feeling. Good riddance to Phillip – glad he was already gone from the picture and we didn’t have to waste time with him. On the other hand, I didn’t get an entirely warm & fuzzy read on Greg either. I think I’d have to see things play out more with them (Stefan and Greg) to feel the connection in their relationship becaus ...more
Vanessa
I just finished reading this story, and fell in love with Emily. Her adopted Daddy, Stefan, wasn't too bad. Once he got over the first time father jitters. We never even really meet Stefan's ex Phillip, because he's OTD before we even notice, but I hated him. Emily's birth mother Mellady is in the picture, but only a little. Her oldest brother, Greg, on the other hand is not only around, but he helps Stefan get over the new father jitters, and then hangs around occasionally, helping Stefan on th ...more
Ryoma Gartre
GymGuy
This was just a really super fun story. Quite short, just a novella, but the characters were quite well developed and the situation was just fun. I'd have given it five stars, but I didn't really get the ending. The epilog didn't seem to fit and it ended a little too abruptly. There are a few editing issues: omitted words and a couple extra. Other than that a totally entertaining read. Wish it had been longer. I could have easily settled in with these guys for a couple more evenings!
Pamela Su
Cute, short, single-daddy romance. It was a quick, amusing read.
Katy Beth Mckee
Stefan's finds out his relationship is over but he decides it really isn't that bad and now he's to busy with his daughter. He worries when the birth uncle comes but maybe they can work things out for both of them.
Ely
4.5!! really enjoyed this story and the author's writing style. I hope there is a sequel to Greg, Stefan, and Emily's story because I would love to see them grow and build their family together.
Ari
3,5 ^^

First, I was intrigued with the blurb, it's sound funny.
Then, the baby and the papa on the cover were soooooooo adorable!

About the story? Well, Look at my shelves ^,^
Jess
Super Cute :) I loved it :)

I adore kids and babies in stories and this one is done really well. I also think the evolution of the relationship was pretty realistic.
Elizabeth H.
Four point five stars rounding up to five. I thought this was a clever story with good characterization. I relaxed and just enjoyed it.
Victoria
3.5 - Sweet Story :) Thank you Summer Devon, for donating your story, time and talent.
Marcy  (Just Call Me Shane)
Really enjoyed it....being free was an awesome bonus! Look forward to seeing more from this author.
Helen Peter
Love the story, Stefan and Greg and little Emily. Please give me the rest of the story.
  • In Over His Head
  • Lead Us Not (Love is Always Write)
  • Kiss and Makeup (Love is Always Write)
  • Heartstrings
  • In Dreams (Love is Always Write)
  • In My Sights (Love is Always Write)
  • A Hard Dazed Knight (Love is Always Write)
  • An Oral Fixation  (Love is Always Write)
  • With This Ring (Love is Always Write)
  • Dirty Play (Love is Always Write)
  • Whistle Blowing
  • Stuck on You (Love is Always Write)
  • Close Encounters
  • Telling Jase (Love is Always Write)
  • In All Your Ways (Love is Always Write)
  • A Competitive Edge
  • Call Me Burt (Love is Always Write)
  • The Luxury of Vengeance (Love is Always Write)
Summer Devon is the pen name writer Kate Rothwell often uses. Whether the characters are male or female, human or dragon, her books are always romance.

You can visit her facebook page, where there's a sign up form for a newsletter (she'll only send out newsletters when there's a new Summer Devon or Kate Rothwell release and she will never ever sell your name to anyone).

Her blog is available her
More about Summer Devon...
The Tail of a Dog The Psychic and the Sleuth Taming the Bander (Solitary Shifters #1) Sibling Rivals The Scent of Hope