Start by marking “Me Before You” as Want to Read:
Me Before You

Me Before You (Me Before You #1)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  228,666 ratings  ·  31,567 reviews
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away hi
Published December 31st 2012 by Pamela Dorman Books/ Viking (first published January 1st 2012)

The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenMe Before You by Jojo MoyesThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakMy Sister's Keeper by Jodi PicoultLooking for Alaska by John Green
Books That Had Me Bawling My Eyes Out
2nd out of 392 books — 1,169 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakMe Before You by Jojo MoyesAllegiant by Veronica Roth
Causes of Ugly Crying
4th out of 843 books — 2,215 voters

More lists with this book...

CaroB
I'm sitting here with tears running down my face having just finished this book. I know I should probably let my emotions settle before reviewing but I want to get all the feelings down...

Firstly I want to say that the cover does not do this book justice. It gives the impression of a bland and fluffy read when in reality this is a heartbreaking story, with subject matter that may be difficult for a lot of readers.

The characters begin as likeable, yet maddeningly realistic in all their egocentri
Navessa
*WARNING: UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME*

People seem to love opening their reviews of this book with gifs of ugly crying. I see your ugly crying and I raise you some rage:

Many others have said this and I fully agree; this is not a love story.

This is a story that revolves around an immature, self-centered, vacuous woman named Louisa. She has no desire to do anything in life or better herself in any way, she’s perfectly content to work whatever job she can find, allow herself to be stuck in a loveless
Lynge Munk
Being a male reader on a booksite you kind of expect to be outnumbered when it comes to the sexes. But that doesn't keep alarm bells from blaring like a convoy of reversing trucks when practically every reviewer of a book is of the female gender. And when the author in addition is touted as the winner of multiple romance novel awards your primal male instinct is to run like your being chased by some primordial predator.

So it was really against my instinct and better judgement that I began readin
Emily May

As much as I like a good love story, I wouldn't call myself a romantic. Not by a long shot. In fact, I can be pretty cold-hearted when it comes to romance books, remaining emotionless in the face of tragic heartbreak and loss. The Fault in Our Stars didn't move me. Eleanor & Park was cute, but still an average read for me.

There's just certain things that I don't like. Emotionally manipulative books that feel as if the author set out with an agenda to tug at my heart strings - that would be
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

LIVE BOLDLY. PUSH YOURSELF. DON'T SETTLE.

***RE-READ ON 8TH SEPTEMBER 2013 WITH LA-LIONEE & ANA RITA, THANKS LADIES FOR MAKING ME RE-READ ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVES***

------------ORIGINAL REVIEW--------------

This book, holly hell this book! I finished this yesterday and thought it was great but I can not express what I felt this morning when I woke up thinking about them.

Me Before You is real, just like life is real. This is not a sappy book with silly characters that fall in love and that’s
kristina
I'm not going to write a proper review about this book . I dont want to spoil anything for you. Just read it,you wont regret it.

Oh my god this book was so mind blowing but mostly heartbreaking.

Will
Best before : 19 March 2007

Lou

Lou has to work for Will and in the beginning things are very difficult for both of them . Given the circumstances Will is all the time cranky, rude , vile to her because his life is miserable. However, they start getting along because Lou is the only person who contradict
Christy
Just finished my re-read and all I have to say is everyone should read this book... EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!!! Still cried like a baby, but I love it!

photo eb06b2ca-63f7-41aa-be11-6426489ac868_zpscbb8a849.jpg

Before you start this book... be prepared to cry. You will cry happy tears and sad tears. You will smile, laugh, be devastated, ugly cry, and if your like me- you will love the journey this book took you on.

This is a story of two people who meet each other by chance, and change each others lives forever.

LOU
 photo Mebeforeyou4_zpsdd208967.jpg

WILL
 photo 9fa40325-d0dc-4c84-9e2f-7a30560640d7_zpsbc292ef3.jpg

Will used to be active. H
Emily
Did anyone else notice that the ultimate message of this book is that a disabled life is not worth living, even despite a caring family, endless wealth, the best medical care, and (by the end of the book) a devoted, loving romantic partner? For a while I was enjoying the story, but by the end I was deeply distressed about the moral and ethical implications of the book's ending. The book juxtaposes an adventurous, athletic, and sexually active lifestyle with life in a wheelchair - and decides tha ...more
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: /

“Hey Clark', he said.'Tell me something good'. I stared out of the window at the bright-blue Swiss sky and I told him a story of two people. Two people who shouldn't have met, and who didn't like each other much when they did, but who found they were the only two people in the world who could possibly have understood each other.

I drew a world for him, a world in which he was still somehow the person he had wanted to be. I drew the world he had created for me, full of wonder and
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
description

I'm sitting here with tears running down my face having just finished this book.Reading about the six months Louisa Clark and Will Trayner spent together made me laugh and cry.I have not stopped thinking about this book since I put it down!!It will stay with me for a very long time.....

description

Will Traynor lived an adventurous life until it was cut short one day. Will is a quadriplegic who needs care for his physical ailments his mother has hired Louisa to be a companion to Will.

description

Lou is a simple girl who
cEe beE
Me Before You is NOT a romance nor is it romantic, despite what the silly blurbs on the front cover claim. It is however a very moving and thought provoking LOVE STORY.

Reading about the six months Louisa Clark and Will Trayner spent together made me laugh then cry, then laugh and cry again. I have not stopped thinking about this book since I put it down, and it will stay with me for a very long time.

Jojo Moyes treats a difficult and controversial topic with sensitivity and a realism that isn't f
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars.

Warning : There is an extremely misleading cover blurb on this book.
'Gorgeously romantic and partner-ignoringly compulsive.'

Is the story gorgeously romantic? Yes, it was in parts. Make no mistake though. This is not a "romance" book in the traditional sense.

Me Before You is the story of a quadriplegic man who had everything and lost it all in the blink of an eye after an accident left him helpless. Before the injury, Will lived on the edge and took risks. He had money, love, adventu
Aestas Book Blog
*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ***

What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart?

What an incredible story!!

When I finished this book, tears werepouring down my face. Itwas powerful, heart-breaking, and bittersweet but also oddly heartwarming. Absolutely unforgettable.I honestly think it’s impossible to come away from this book without an overwhelming sense of gratitude for all the blessings in your life.

I'll be honest, it's taken me over a year to work
M. ~ B&B

Oh my god. This book took me on such an incredible, beautiful, real, inspiring and touching journey. It's probably one of the hardest reviews I'm going to have to write. Throughout the story I was so anxious, nervous, excited and panicking, because I had no idea how it was gon
Joana

I wasn't prepared for this book.
I wasn't prepared to the range of the emotions i felt while reading it, how emotional invested i truly was.
I wasn't prepared for the beauty of it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me before You is not a romance but it's indeed a love story,and how they changed each other lives irrevocably.

I told him a story of two people.
Laz
I'm a tornado of feelings. I'm angry and I'm sad and there are thousands of emotions swirling inside me. This broke me down into tiny little particles and someone will have to glue me back together.

When I picked this book up I had no clue what I was getting myself into. What happens when a woman and a quadriplegic man fall in love slowly and all at once??? Well, if you want to find out then pick this book up, read it and then sob until your tears have dried out.

Louisa Clark is a 27-year-old wom
Karla

5+++ Stars! An unbelievably moving, bittersweet, beautiful love story!!

photo brokenheart_zps0e7c42e5.jpg

I don’t really have the words to describe how I feel about this book, other than it made me laugh… it made my heart feel full…then it broke it…and then it made me cry…the ugly cry!

This book centers around a controversial subject and it’s certainly for not for everyone, and even though my heart will hurt for days to come, I don’t regret reading it and will probably read it again…it was that good!

There are so many beautiful
Lindsey Rey
I need a hug. In fact, can someone just hold me for a week? I think I am just gonna curl up in a ball and keep sobbing now.
Lise *friends don't flag*
“Just live well. Just live.”

This is such a hard book to review. There is so much I could say, but I know I would simply ramble on and on about how wonderfully written this book is, how the characters affected me, how the story broke my heart but made me feel so happy.

I smiled, I laughed and I cried buckets of joyful and heart wrenching tears.

Will Traynor lived a full adventurous life, until it was cut short one rainy London day. Will is a quadriplegic who needs round-the-clock care for his phys
Amy (Foxy)
***On sale for $2.99*** ->http://amzn.to/1p2j5S5
Read it before the movie is released in 2016 (looks like it is still in talks)
(3/25/2015)

My family and I finished listening to this on the last day of our Spring Break road trip. 80% of this book kept all of us laughing and the last 20% had some of us in tears.
I asked my teens what they'd rate this book:
My eldest girl felt it was 5 stars.
My middle and youngest felt it was 4 stars. Up to the ending it was 5 stars.

Since we listened to this one I
Liz
I cried reading Me Before You - not the hysterical sob kind of tears but the consistent streams of water droplets rolling down my cheeks kind of tears. It was sad, but it was also quirky and funny and full of life. The characters were lovable, frustrating, and easy to relate to. I really, well and truly, liked this book.

Two criticisms spring to mind:
1. I couldn't quite decide how I felt about the ending. Admittedly it is a difficult plot to built, and choosing between life and death is a tricky
Desiree
5+++ Remarkable Stars

I can’t even put into words how incredible, heartbreaking, and beautiful this story was. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes was without a doubt why I love reading. It moved me, really moved me. When an author can invoke a readers emotions, someone who can make you feel genuinely sad when the characters are sad and make you feel genuinely happy when the characters are happy. It’s just an amazing feeling so thank you Ms. Moyes.

The story is about Will Traynor’s life internal struggl
Mo
Wow! Not an easy read - as other reviewers have said don't be fooled by the cover - it is not MY usual lighthearted romantic read. Is it Romance? Yes I think so but it is so much more ... very emotional - I laughed, I cried, had a sappy grin on my face and did I mention that I cried but don't let that put you off - give it a chance - it is a beautiful story.... Just reading all a the wonderful new reviews about this book brings a tear to my eye.

Brandi

I told him a story of two people.

Me Before You is a beautiful, thought-provoking, love story. I just don't have it in me to review, right now.

Honestly...
Karen
OMG!!!! SUCH AN AMAZING BOOK!!!!!

6 STARS

photo e8458b71b9ea08a724b7757f9c4fb4ae.jpg

“Hey Clark, tell me something good.”

It has taken me several days to work up the courage to review this book. And even now, I don’t know how I’m going to get through it without breaking down again. What I can say, is that this story touched my heart in a way that has changed the way I think about life… and about love. (and…in a good way) This book is based on a reality so intense, that it took away someone’s will to live, while at the same time it gave
♡Karlyn P♡

5* 'Holy crap, this book GUTTED ME. ((Sniff, sniff))' stars!!

Warning: this is a beautiful story, but it is not a romance. Do not read in public, it will cause strangers to ask "uh, mam, are you OK?" And you'll spill the whole story and shake your head "WHY?!!!!!"

Audiobook: I listened to this one, excellent top-notch narration.

I don't know how to describe the story without giving away too many spoilers, but I will say that it was one of the most thought provoking books I have read in ages. This
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.25 stars**

Warning: This book is not a "romance" novel.

It has to be said, this book is not what I think of when I think of a romance. Sure, there is love in this book, but that isn't the primary focus. The focus is the psychological struggle that each character goes through. Will and Lou are fascinating characters that will stick with me for a long time. Their journeys are both staggeringly painful and inspiringly transformative.

I have to say, this book hit close to home in many ways. My un
Trudi
This book ripped my heart right out of my goddamn chest and crushed it while I watched curled helpless and whimpering in the fetal position on the floor. Oh how I wanted to SCREAM, and kick and throw a right tantrum like I haven't done since I was three. If the author had been standing in front of me I may have done her some bodily harm. I would have gone Medieval Annie Wilkes on her ass, okay? You dirty bird...how could you? I would have said with murder in my eye.

But before that very unpleasan
Aj the Ravenous Reader
I went through friends' reviews before reading this, so I am fully aware that my emotions are in for a test with this book. I braced myself and went through it fully armored, ready for battle.

The beginning of the story had me a little doubtful, even indifferent. It had me thinking that the story is going to be predictable…

But then came the last few pages of chapter seven and it was then I knew I’m getting what I asked for but I still managed to keep my feelings intact, confident in thinking th
Bonnie
A copy of Me Before You was provided to me by PENGUIN GROUP Viking and Netgalley for review purposes.

My heart was not prepared for those kind of feels... *sigh*

'The thing about being catapulted into a whole new life - or at least shoved up so hard against someone else's life that you might as well have your face pressed against their window - is that it forces you to rethink your idea of who you are. Or how you might seem to other people.'

Louisa's life is lackluster and she's completely content
2015 Reading Chal...: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes 5 49 Jul 28, 2015 07:16PM
High Point Public...: Final Thoughts 2 23 Jul 28, 2015 05:43PM
Me Before You book trailer - anybody know the name of the music? 2 53 Jul 28, 2015 12:51PM
There is a SEQUEL! 15 329 Jul 24, 2015 11:24AM
  • A Different Blue
  • Dancing on Broken Glass
  • You Had Me At Hello
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • The First Last Kiss
  • Necessary Lies
  • Love Anthony
  • The Language of Flowers
  • Cherry Red Summer (Kirschroter Sommer #1)
  • God-Shaped Hole
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • The Storyteller
  • A Constellation of Vital Phenomena
  • Heft
  • Puddle Jumping
  • The Promise of Stardust
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar
More about Jojo Moyes...

Me Before You (2 books)
  • After You (Me Before You, #2)
One Plus One The Girl You Left Behind The Last Letter from Your Lover The Ship of Brides Silver Bay

“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” 1241 likes
“Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.” 814 likes