Start by marking “A Time to Love (Star Trek)” as Want to Read:
A Time to Love (Star Trek)

A Time to Love (A Time To... (Star Trek:TNG) #5)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  300 ratings  ·  21 reviews
On the cusp of their epic battle with Shinzon, many of Captain Jean-Luc Picard's long-time crew were heading for new assignments and new challenges. Among the changes were William Riker's promotion to captain and his new command, Riker's marriage to Counselor Deanna Troi, and Dr. Beverly Crusher's new career at Starfleet Medical. But the story of what set them on a path aw ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 263 pages
Published May 25th 2004 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Love

Emma
Jesse Lehrer
Another meh book in this series...it's becoming harder and harder to continue the series but I'll probably finish it since the books read so fast. They must have all had the same editor, or had writing guides or something because every single book is so repetitive in the same ways. Superfluous and repetitive inner dialogue? Check. Fond fanfic references to friends? Check. Picard musings? Check.

Love very poorly explains its own plot. The disease of violence just kinda happens and the story just k
Jeffrey
Wow, finally one of this series of books hits the nail on the head. Robert Greenberger writes an excellent story with great action and suspense. I recall these were the types of Star Trek books that got me so into reading them in the first place. Several storylines that are interlinked and the book bounces around hitting on all the storylines in a logical and entertaining manner. Some books go on and on covering one storyline until you have forgotten the "other" storylines, but NOT in this book. ...more
Joshua Palmatier
This is the first part of a duology (with A TIME TO HATE) in this nine part Star Trek series chronicling the activities of the Enterprise and crew between the two movies Insurrection and Nemesis. The first four books were great. This one, not so much.

The basic premise is that two warring cultures were colonizing planets and both laid claim to Delta Sigma IV a hundred years ago. Rather than fight over the planet, the two races--the Bader and the Dorset--decided to work together and forged a new p
Rosemary
I have a compulsion (or maybe, really it's a fetish--I'm a little murky on the distinction, as well as my own responses) to finish a series. This is the 5th book in the A Time to... series of Star Trek: The Next Generation novels set between the movies Star Trek: Resurrection and Star Trek: Nemesis.

I liked the first four well enough. Complex, lots of emphasis on characters I like but often aren't the focus of things.

Perhaps the reason I'm so ambivalent about this on is that, well, I never reall
Julia
Aug 20, 2008 Julia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Star Trek series
Shelves: star-trek
Fogrider
A TIME TO LOVE is well written and a good read. I enjoyed it, but honestly I think it and A TIME TO HATE could have been one book. The funny thing in "LOVE" is that on page 100 Troi beams back to the Enterprise, but on page 101 she is clearly still on the surface of the planet with Picard. I found this goof hilarious but forgivable. All in all, "LOVE," is worth reading.
Angela
The Enterprise is sent on a mission to find the reason for a murder. Riker's father is involved somehow, and has gone missing. Meanwhile, there's a medical mystery to solve. It's a decent story. and the character interactions are done really well. The plot twists are engaging. A good read.
Mr. Koop
This series is getting harder and harder to swallow. I'm finding the storyline is growing rather stale and I had to finish this book just so I could continue the series.
Jimyanni
This book is half of a well-written, compelling story. If you enjoy books that end on a cliffhanger, with an implied "tune in next time, same bat-time, same bat-channel" continuation to the next book, then consider this a five-star review. If, on the other hand, like me you get dreadfully sick of paying money for a book with no ending, you may want to avoid it, or at least plan on reading it continuously with the next book in the series and treating them as one book under two covers.
Bill Sweet
Again, ending on a cliffhanger, which I'm not in love with. But at least I know it's coming in this series. Not nearly as "meh" as some of the previous duologies in this series. Still not getting that feeling of Trek unbound, which I like in some of the older TOS novels, but at least the story is interesting and not puerile. I'm thinking Riker has possibilities in fiction because he was kind of flat on the screen at times, so there's room to fill something in.
Luca Mauri
Unfortunately this novel accomplishes almost nothing by itself. It just act as a prologue for the whole story that (hopefully) will be told in the second one of the two volumes mini-arc.
The problem is that this first part of the story is artificially enlarged to encompass a full book, but it is clear that it would need much less space to be told equally effectively, if not more.
Enni
This was my first Star Trek novel in a long time. I enjoyed it because it was a little like meeting old friends LOL. I didn't realize that it is one of a whole series of "A time to ..." book and this is the 6th book of them. It doesn't bring a solution to the problems on the planet so I guess I will have to read the next one in the series also.
Craig Andrews
Yet again another fantastic change of pace. These books concentrate on a much more diplomatic mission and also had a lot of intrigue in the Starfleet Intelligence sub-plot. Yet more answers to the who's and why's of the start of Nemesis too !
Benjamin Plume
Now we get to see what brought Troi and Riker to their marriage decision.
Leland
Great series of Star Trek novels... Can't wait to pick these up again.
SA
Nov 21, 2010 SA rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
another step down the road. again, geordi and data were the best parts.
Matt
Not the best among this series, but still captivating.
Ossy
The series of "A time to..." are great!!!
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
  • A Time for War, A Time for Peace (Star Trek, the Next Generation)
  • A Time to Kill (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • A Time to Harvest (Star Trek: The Next Generation: Time, #4)
  • A Time to Die
  • Death in Winter (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • Sword of Damocles (Star Trek Titan #4)
  • Greater than the Sum (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Vectors (Star Trek: Double Helix #2)
  • Q-Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation #48; The Q Continuum, #2)
  • Indistinguishable from Magic (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Rogue (Star Trek: Section 31, #2)
  • Double or Nothing (Star Trek: Double Helix, #5)
  • Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1)
  • Infection (Star Trek: Double Helix, #1)
The Romulan Stratagem (Star Trek The Next Generation,#35) A Time to Hate (Star Trek: The Next Generation) The Essential Batman Encyclopedia Doors Into Chaos (Star Trek: Gateways, #3) Batman Cover to Cover: The Greatest Comic Book Covers of the Dark Knight