Morevi: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana (Book 1)

Morevi: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana (Book 1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In a time when a kingdom hangs in the balance, her most trusted ally is a pirate from a far-off land

Across a mysterious rift in the space-time continuum exists a world called Naruihm. In this world is a realm called Morevi, a landlocked kingdom ruled by Askana Moldarin, crowned "First Queen" following a swift and bloody rise to the Throne of a Thousand Suns. Yet hidden tra

Published September 1st 2002 by Dragon Moon Press (first published May 24th 2002)

Infected by Scott SiglerEarthcore by Scott SiglerThe Rookie by Scott SiglerNocturnal by Scott SiglerAncestor by Scott Sigler
Best Free Audiobooks
24th out of 157 books — 463 voters
September Ends by Hunter S. JonesAfter Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneThe Blue Castle by L.M. MontgomeryTo Catch a Pirate by Jade ParkerThe Luck of the Weissensteiners by Christoph Fischer
Best Lesser-Known Books
93rd out of 699 books — 1,062 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa Hayden
The privateer Captain of the Defiance, Rafe, and Morevi's monarch crowned queen, Askana, travel a crafted fantasy world and England in the search of who is the calculating mind behind her assassination attempts. Swashbuckling and fantasy wrapped into one.

Enjoyable adventure for those that love the classic pirate feel blended with England's elegance and the strong woman in a fantasy realm.

****FULL REVIEW TO COME***
Jodi
I totally enjoyed this podcast. It's one of those books that I'll go back to at some point and listen to or read again. I was engrossed from the very beginning. The sound quality, voice inflections, and sound effects were awesome.
It's a story of pirates, a fantasy world, romance and intrigue. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and can't give it enough praise.
Lisa
I'm listening to this through Podiobooks.com. Tee Morris a great author. Good characters and story line. Don't think that it's a typical pirate story. It's anything but! Give it a try, even if you don't typically like this genre. You just might be surprised!
julia
Got this mostly because I met the co-author Tim, and since he hangs out in Revel Grove (aka the Maryland Renaissance Festival), I got the book. It's a pretty good sword and sorcery tale, complete with alternate universes and trips to our universe.
Lady Ozma
Sep 26, 2007 Lady Ozma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Shiver me timbers, it's a pirate book that's interesting! Forget the stereotype, this is the real deal! Travel through the rift to the mysterious land of Morevi with your classic privateer. Adventure awaits... grab it today!
Karen
I first encountered this as a podcast novel. I enjoyed it that way and then tried it as an e-book. Having read some of Mr. Morris' later works I can definately see his growth as a writer and collaborator.
Wifepick
Pirates, intrigue, stunning and smart women. Woohoo - what a ride!
Gary Saxton
A good swashbuckling read keeps the pace up nicely
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Gustavohawes
Gustavohawes marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Katherine Bruce
Katherine Bruce marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Laurie Lyons
Laurie Lyons marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Diane Mac
Diane Mac marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Joffre
Joffre added it
Mar 24, 2014
  • Billibub Baddings and the Case of the Singing Sword
  • Chasing the Bard (Fey #1)
  • Murder at Avedon Hill
  • 7th Son: Book Three - Destruction
  • Hell
  • Ravenwood
  • Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era
  • Earthcore
  • Eden
Perhaps one of the most divisive voices in the health world, Lisa Lee is the host of her own nationally syndicated radio show, where she is known for her shoot from the hip attitude that aims to wake people up from their overly processed food comas and start taking control of their own health. Touted by the likes of Morgan Spurlock, and demonized by the shareholders of KFC, Lee's battle-cry "Eat F...more
More about Lisa Lee...
Lowering Cholesterol | 50 Simple Ways To Get Your Cholesterol Down Naturally and Dramatically Improve Your Health Lowering Cholesterol: 50 Simple Ways to Get Your Cholesterol Down Naturally and Dramatically Improve Your Health Lippincott's Pocket Histology Easy Ibook Easy Mac Computer Basics