Start by marking “The Best of Catherine, Caffeinated: Caffeine-Infused Self-Publishing Advice” as Want to Read:
The Best of Catherine, Caffeinated: Caffeine-Infused Self-Publishing Advice

The Best of Catherine, Caffeinated: Caffeine-Infused Self-Publishing Advice

Coffee addict and bestselling self-published author CATHERINE RYAN HOWARD has been blogging about her adventures in self-publishing (or self-printing, as she likes to call it) on her popular blog, Catherine, Caffeinated, since November 2009. Now all of her caffeine-infused advice, information, tips and tricks —all 120,000 words of it—have been compiled in this e-book ...more

To ask other readers questions about The Best of Catherine, Caffeinated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best of Catherine, Caffeinated

Laura Roberts
Jun 15, 2012 Laura Roberts rated it it was amazing
Catherine, Caffeinated has lots of great advice for indie publishers like you and me. Her blog offers free advice on a weekly basis, and it's always useful and timely info. I'm a little pissed (at myself, not at Catherine!) that I hadn't read her post about changing prices on Smashwords before I went and did a free month, since I am still waiting for certain retailers (coughcough*Apple*cough) to correct my prices, but on the other hand, I never would've even know there was a problem if I hadn't ...more
Graeme Ing
Jun 27, 2012 Graeme Ing rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
This is a fun read. It is jam packed with advice on self publishing, marketing, blogging, and all the other skills needed to take a book from final draft to selling world wide. Much of it I have read elsewhere, and if you are already widely read on the subject you might not learn anything new, but will certainly get another writer's perspective. I learned enough to make the price point a no-brainer. Very promising read if you are still new to the game.

In any case, it's well written, very humorou
Tammy Robinson
Mar 21, 2013 Tammy Robinson rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and the advice in it. Will be following the blog as I appreciate Catherine's humour. Had previously read her book about Backpacking and really liked that one too. I have a couple of little niggles with this one, there are a lot of typos and missing words throughout the book, which at times was distracting. I know that these are blog posts, however Catherine frequently drums into our heads the importance of making sure any work you publish is polished and professional as ...more
P.A. Wilson
Aug 12, 2012 P.A. Wilson rated it liked it
Not a bad book for a collection of blog post. It's a bit out of date for many of the tips, but a good starting place.
The two biggest issues I had was the number of typos and repetition of information. I realize when you put together a book from your blog posts, it's difficult to organized the information and a bit of repetition is expected as the author learns things about themselves and about their topic. I think this would have been a four star if Catherine had taken the time to edit.

I did e
Jason Beech
Oct 17, 2012 Jason Beech rated it really liked it

Excellent guide to self-publishing. Yes, all the information is on her blog, but this puts it all together in an easily accessible place. I like her sarcastic commentary on the publishing "wars" and her encouragement for people aiming to self-publish (even if she doesn't entertain reading self-published books). The best part is her advice on mailing lists and how not to embarrass yourself on social media (I cringed in a couple of places, but she is a good corrective).
Overall, a cracking, entert
Patrick O'Duffy
Oct 26, 2012 Patrick O'Duffy rated it really liked it
This is an engaging, entertaining and often-useful collection of blog posts about the world of self-publishing, both hardcopy and digital.

Because of the nature of the book and the speed in which the industry changes, some of the material is out of date. And if you've already got some experience in self-publishing, a number of these essays/posts won't tell you anything new.

But almost any reader will find something in here that's worthwhile, and it's a good signpost to lead you to regularly readin
Danielle
Nov 27, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-the-kindle
This is a great collection of blog posts and would be very beneficial to someone planning to self publish or, like me, planning to keep self publishing as a back up plan for the future.

Lots of valuable information, and seeing Catherine learn through her progressive posts helps us to see the value in putting every effort into producing a quality product, researching options thoroughly AND building an online presence.

A very refreshing way of viewing self publishing.
Jane
Jun 08, 2012 Jane rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
The book was a compilation of all the most useful blog posts by the author. While it wasn't anything groundbreaking, it was a fun read. It's good to have all the information in one place.
Sarah White
Jul 12, 2012 Sarah White rated it really liked it
Overall a great book, but occasionally I did find myself skipping over some bits as they were a bit 'slow'
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2012
Nerea Nieto
Nerea Nieto rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2013
Alex Cella
Alex Cella rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
m.michaelis
m.michaelis rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2016
Mary McCoy-Dressel
Mary McCoy-Dressel rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Maria Lima
Maria Lima rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Dulce Salazar
Dulce Salazar rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Kiya Krier
Kiya Krier rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2014
Jack Dunigan
Jack Dunigan rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
May 24, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2012
Michelle Ann King
Michelle Ann King rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
L.M. Payne
L.M. Payne rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2015
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Emma Meade
Sep 05, 2012 Emma Meade rated it it was amazing
Great to have so many helpful blog posts in one place.
Paula Casill
Paula Casill rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
CJ Reader
CJ Reader rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Sally Harris
Sally Harris rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Hayley
Hayley added it
Jul 23, 2016
Kathy Steinemann
Kathy Steinemann marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2012
Hope
Hope marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Cameron Lawton
Cameron Lawton marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Pamela Moyer
Pamela Moyer marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Joanie
Joanie is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2013
Tanya Taimanglo
Tanya Taimanglo marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Caroline Frechette
Caroline Frechette marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Lillie
Lillie marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Brijesh Kartha
Brijesh Kartha marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Yesenia Vargas
Yesenia Vargas marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Kymberly Fergusson
Kymberly Fergusson marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Catherine Ryan Howard was born in Cork, Ireland, in 1982. Prior to writing full-time, Catherine worked as a campsite courier in France and a front desk agent in Walt Disney World, Florida, and most recently was a social media marketer for a major publisher. She is currently studying for a BA in English at Trinity College Dublin.
More about Catherine Ryan Howard...