Start by marking “Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2: More Amazing Clones of Famous Dishes from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains” as Want to Read:

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  421 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The kitchen clone recipe king is back with a new Top Secret Restaurant Recipes collection—the first since his 1997 bestselling Top Secret Restaurant Recipes, which has sold over one million copies. Wilbur takes readers behind the scenes of big-name restaurants like Olive Garden, Applebee’s, and Outback Steakhouse, revealing the key ingredients and tricks of the trade they ...more
Published December 26th 2006 by Plume (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2

Marvin
Sep 08, 2010 Marvin rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I'm a big fan of the Top Secret Recipes web site so I grabbed this little book up when it became available on the Goodreads swap. I was not disappointed. So far I've made four dishes, all of them excellent. We tried three clones of P. F. Chang offerings. The sauteed snap beans were delicious but way simple, not very different than the way I usually make them. My wife loved the Orange Peel Chicken (her favorite thing from the restaurant. I say it was almost as good)) and I thought the Dan-Dan Noo ...more
Aya
Jul 07, 2014 Aya rated it liked it
A nice collection of popular recipes. While the recipes have a lot of ingredients, most of them are commonly found in the kitchen or are easy to locate.

Recipes include every component of the dish, including recipes for pie crust, pizza crust, dressings, etc.; so you can cook the dish from scratch or just substitute with ready made items for a quicker meal. Even with substitutions, many of the recipes require some time to cook.

Includes copycat recipes based on dishes from Applebees , California
Abbe
Sep 20, 2012 Abbe added it
Shelves: in-library
EDITORIAL REVIEW: The kitchen clone recipe king is back with a new Top Secret Restaurant Recipes collection—the first since his 1997 bestselling *Top Secret Restaurant Recipes*, which has sold over one million copies. Wilbur takes readers behind the scenes of big-name restaurants like Olive Garden, Applebee’s, and Outback Steakhouse, revealing the key ingredients and tricks of the trade they use to keep diners coming back for more. The book will feature 150 recipes, including: **• Red Lobster Ch ...more
Teri
May 05, 2011 Teri marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-read-recipes
You can find this currently at Kohls for $5.00. It is an abridged version. It has the Cheddar Bay biscuits from Red Lobster, and Olive Gardens Pasta Fagioli, also Mimi's Carrot Raisin bread. My husband loves that Carrot bread. It will be fun to give the recipes in this book a try.
Camisha Maze
Feb 19, 2014 Camisha Maze rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This book is my favorite of all it has so many things I want to try from my favorite restaurants!
Kristi
Dec 04, 2008 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who like to cook!
Recommended to Kristi by: The Wiss
I LOVE THIS SERIES! I love to cook and I love love love cookbooks! I own a few of them and have checked out several others from the library. I actually used a chili recipe from this one last night. YUM!!!
Connie
Feb 04, 2011 Connie rated it it was amazing
Author spends lost of time and effort making dishes that correspond to Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc. Makes me appreciate the effort the restaurants take to make our food!
Sasha Strader
Dec 11, 2011 Sasha Strader rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, cooking
Excellent selection of recipes! I admit probably my favorites are from the Olive garden section, but they really do taste like what you get at the restaurant!
Lenna
Mar 27, 2010 Lenna rated it really liked it
This book would have gotten 5 stars if it had pictures. I can't wait to make Red Lobster's biscuits and Chili's salsa!
Julie
May 07, 2010 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
So far we have only done a few recipes from here, but they have all been A+. Can't wait to use more!
Shiela
Feb 16, 2009 Shiela rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
Recipes okay, more of an American slant, no pictures.
Gayle Kee
Feb 11, 2012 Gayle Kee rated it it was amazing
This book also had lots of great recipes.
Lorann
Jun 22, 2009 Lorann rated it liked it
Found many recipes that I will try :)
Victoria
Nov 24, 2009 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Yum, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
Sue
Sep 11, 2010 Sue rated it really liked it
Great recipes! Yum!
Mckinley
Jan 24, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
A few to try here.
Bryan Exley
Bryan Exley rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Shawn Phillips
Shawn Phillips rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
KJ
KJ added it
Mary Beth Horst
Mary Beth Horst marked it as to-read
Martyn Ramsbotham
Martyn Ramsbotham rated it it was amazing
Noah Langford
Noah Langford marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
BettyAnn
BettyAnn marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Thomas Stark
Thomas Stark marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Rebecca L Lockwood
Rebecca L Lockwood rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Kimberly Miller
Kimberly Miller rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Heather Holland
Heather Holland rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Shiv
Shiv rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
  • The Dumpling: A Seasonal Guide
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • The 1,500-Calorie-A-Day Cookbook
  • Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine
  • A Book of Mediterranean Food
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An Indespensible Guide for Anybody Who Likes to Cook
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • Cooking for Friends
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
  • The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A Feast of 175 Regional Recipes