Start by marking “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: The Universal Don't of Dating” as Want to Read:
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: The Universal Don't of Dating

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: The Universal Don't of Dating

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  80 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Is your longest-running relationship with the guy who pumps your gas? Are the women on those talk shows who date "men behind bars" starting to make sense? Do the men in your life seem to come with a 10-day expiration date? If so, chances are you already know how to lose a guy. You probably just don't know how you're doing it. Here are some clues: Start calling him your boy ...more
Published October 6th 1998 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Susana
Mar 05, 2015 Susana rated it it was amazing
I saw the movie first then read this book and I must say that I enjoyed the movie more than this but this book also had it's difference from the movie that sets it apart.
Moataz Muhammad
Jan 15, 2015 Moataz Muhammad rated it it was ok
A waste of time, I guess. The movie was much better.
FSU Alumni
Sep 24, 2014 FSU Alumni added it
Shelves: fsu-alumni
Michele Alexander (B.A. '92)
Karschtl
Dies ist ein Buch mit vielen Illustrationen und wenig Text, und daher konnten bei einer Bookcrossing Ladies Night gleich mehrere der anwesenden Damen das Büchlein "lesen". Die Ratschläge, die dort gegeben werden, sind nicht wirklich erleuchtend. Ich frage mich, wie überhaupt jmd für dieses Buch den vollen Preis bezahlt hat. Mit dem Film hat es jedenfalls außer dem Titel nicht viel zu tun.
Kelley A.
Feb 14, 2008 Kelley A. rated it it was amazing
This book should be given to every 15 year old girl in the world. It would save us all from being "that girl". I have sent this to every one of my single girlfriends any time they even remotely resembled this story. And occasionally I am forced to remind myself that we can all lose our way and slip into being "THAT GIRL". Ugh. It is funny, because it is true. Sigh.
Venkata Rajesh P
Mar 10, 2012 Venkata Rajesh P rated it it was ok
I read the book because i liked the movie. But it was a let-down . Though i was impressed by the pictorial style of telling(It was actually very funny), the book was a series of dont-do principles.Obviously the book didnt have a central story which i generally expect. Watch the movie instead of the book.
Adrienna
Nov 30, 2009 Adrienna rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed-book
It was a quick read. It was a child-like written book with stick-people in crayons. I thought of the Dummies books, but this is much easier to read hilarious at times too. I also watched the movie of which followed most of the actions in the movie entitled, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
Kristi
Dec 10, 2007 Kristi rated it liked it
Shelves: threestars, fluff, humor
This was about a 10 minute read. There is one sentence, with a stick figure drawing, on each page. It's funny enough, but if you've seen the movie they made based off this book, you already have the basic idea.
Libby
Nov 07, 2010 Libby rated it liked it
Shelves: lite, gender
My apartment has an excellent shelf of discarded books in the laundry room.
"After sex, tell him you stopped taking the pill because you thought it was making you fat. Ask him if he agrees."
Perfect.
Susanna
Jan 16, 2009 Susanna rated it it was amazing
A fun, fast-reading match-figure pictorial. Nevertheless I wouldn't read it when riding the subway in fear of looking like an idiot.
Jeannie
Dec 01, 2010 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Well, duh! I think this book is hilarious! Perfect gift for anyone who struggles with how much is too much when dating!
Julie Townsend
Aug 14, 2012 Julie Townsend rated it it was amazing
Genius!
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Fullfaun
Fullfaun marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Kira McCarthy
Kira McCarthy rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2016
Biondatina
Biondatina rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Mohamed
Mohamed rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Bubbles
Bubbles marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Kathleen Downey
Kathleen Downey rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Andrea McGathy
Andrea McGathy rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Mia PK
Mia PK marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Gary
Gary rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2016
Tonja Blizzard
Tonja Blizzard rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
shelly hill
shelly hill rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Kristi Thetford
Kristi Thetford marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
George Coulon
George Coulon marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
  • Memento mori
  • Catch Me If You Can: The Film and the Filmmakers
  • Dangerous Minds
  • Bend It Like Beckham
  • About Schmidt (Schmidt, #1)
  • Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
  • The Day After Tomorrow
  • Love Actually
  • Nothing Lasts Forever
  • O casamento
  • Revenge (The Ghost Whisperer)
  • Ghost Whisperer, Volume 1: The Haunted