Start by marking “Comic Party, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Comic Party, Vol. 01

Comic Party, Vol. 01 (Comic Party #1)

Kazuki Sendo had always loved drawing and painting with his girlfriend, Mizuki Takase. But when classmate Taishi Kuhonbutsu pulls them into a doujinshi convention, Kazuki enters a whole new world. Soon he finds himself passionately drawing manga and cramming to get into conventions. As Kazuki gets acquainted with the doujinshi life style and meets new friends, he starts to ...more
Published June 8th 2004 by TokyoPop (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Comic Party, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comic Party, Vol. 01

Holly Letson
SERIES REVIEW:

If you liked Dramacon, you will love this series as well. This is also about conventions, with the main character being an up-and-coming doujinka (doujinshi artist/author). We get to go along with him on his journey as he teams up with other doujinka to both become better at his career and to save ComiPa.

I wish I had the last book - Vol.5 - but, I don't. I feel like that one probably has a climax for Kazuki vs. Eimi.
Kenny Nguyen
Jul 13, 2008 Kenny Nguyen rated it really liked it
Hmm I must say this manga/anime series is a good one. Even though the storyline is not that great (it not bad either). However, the thing that I really like about it is it a series that made to appreciate the hard work of doujinshi, also you can understand alot more to the world of doujinshi by watching/reading this series as well. Ohh yea, another thing that made this series stand out is it humor, there were alot of funny situation in this series, especially with the character Taishi, god that ...more
Charlotte
Sep 12, 2012 Charlotte rated it did not like it
I never would have picked this up on my own accord, but an amazon seller sent me the wrong item… Needless to say, I wish I never had picked it up. Not my tastes at all – far too exaggerated. I expect fans of Excel Saga or similar would love it, but… I can’t bring myself to finish this. It lost my attention from page one with the nail-filled-cricket-bat-alarm-clock and proceeded to go downhill from there.
Lord
Jul 14, 2008 Lord rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, otaku-manga
One of the worst manga I ever read. It just moves from one comicon to another without any sense. If you want to read manga about otaku, pick up Genshiken and forget this crap.
Erik Amill
Sep 06, 2012 Erik Amill rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Comic Party Vol.1 was pretty good. It has an interesting set of characters and sets them up fairly well in the first couple chapters. Not outstanding but a neat read and a good break from the norm.
Karaoke OK
Apr 08, 2008 Karaoke OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-favorites
[Series Length: 5 volumes / Read: volumes 1-5]

(Would you like me to post a short review of this series? Feel free to place a request in my GoodReads InBox. Thanks!)
Sharnna
Sharnna rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2013
De Andre
De Andre rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Tabitha Rowland
Tabitha Rowland rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Miliana
Miliana rated it it was ok
Feb 22, 2017
DJL
DJL rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2011
Mason Mindanao
Mason Mindanao rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2011
Emmy Lou
Emmy Lou rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2011
Semyueru Semyueru
Semyueru Semyueru rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2007
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2011
Laura Z
Laura Z rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Kris
Kris rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2014
Sarah Lu
Sarah Lu rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2010
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2012
Courtney (pirogoeth)
Courtney (pirogoeth) rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2010
Marianna
Marianna rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2009
NocturnalRavings(Jodie)
Jun 27, 2012 NocturnalRavings(Jodie) rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Eh.
Nikolai
Nikolai rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2008
Shinigamicomplex
Shinigamicomplex rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
mirry
mirry rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2010
Jon Robertson
Jon Robertson rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Rekki
Rekki rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2017
Wolfenkahlon
Wolfenkahlon rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2011