Start by marking “Minute By Minute (Harlequin Blaze #227)” as Want to Read:
Minute By Minute (Harlequin Blaze #227)

Minute By Minute (24 Hours: Island Fling #1)

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Veterinarian Meg Becker has found the perfect man - online. Newspaper columnist Alex Rosten is funny, sexy - and only a mouse click away day or night. He's exactly what vulnerable Meg needs in her too-frantic life. Never mind that the safest sex is typing from the heart...

Alex wants to take their relationship to the next level - meet face-to-face. A romantic at heart, he s
Published January 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Minute By Minute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Minute By Minute

Heather Wiese
Jun 05, 2012 Heather Wiese rated it it was ok
Meh.

That sort of sums it up for me.

Meg is a veterinarian in Southern California, Alex is a political correspondent in D.C.. They meet online in a jazz music chat room and hit it off. For the last year they have been chatting (and only chatting, no phone, etc) and each is the other's best part of the day.

Then Meg's birthday comes up and Alex buys them both tickets for a week on an island off Florida. No expectations beyond meeting in real life. Meg is scared to death she won't like him in person
Barb
Oct 25, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Beautiful setting and i loved the characters. Alex is what every woman dreams about. Very easy read. Good flow to the story.
Veterinarian Meg Becker has found the perfect man--online. News columnist Alex Rosten is funny, sexy--and only a mouse click away day or night. He's exactly what vulnerable Meg needs in her too-frantic life. Never mind that the safest sex is typing from the heart.... But Alex wants to take their relationship to the next level--meet face-to-face. A romantic at heart, he send
Melinda
Oct 29, 2014 Melinda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Truth be told I think that this novel has a unique but true to life aspect. I remember thinking that the concept of falling in love with someone you have never met in person seems surreal. I also remember thinking that meeting up with someone on a secluded island can't be safe even if they send you a plan ticket. I know he's a well known journalist but it all seemed unsafe.

I did like that they had gotten to know each other online but wanted to know if the chemistry matched in real life. I have
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
HRB#227. Meg Becker is a vet who has dedicated her life to the people on 'the mountain'. Alex Rosten is a world renowned columnist for the Washington Post. They meet and fall in love online. When they finally meet for real, can it stay the same or will it be the end? Alex has finally committed career suicide and is looking for a change. He's hoping that Meg will be willing to do the same. It was OK. The setting was lush, the characters felt real, but something was definitely missing. I'd give it ...more
Gwen Hayes
Jun 13, 2010 Gwen Hayes rated it really liked it
This book was different from most romance reads, which is why I liked it. There really wasn't a huge conflict--so at times it read a little like someone's vacation slides. However, the hero was so not the usual alpha man who was good at everything that I found him very intriguing. I loved that he didn't have a six pack.
Stephanie Haefner
Aug 17, 2009 Stephanie Haefner rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This book was decent, but I knew how it would end after the first chapter. Well, it's romance, so I guess it can't be all that unpredictable! A few of the sexual scenes were a bit confusing and I had to re-read...it wasn't clear as to exactly what was happening.
Captmashpea
Jul 25, 2013 Captmashpea rated it really liked it
This was one of the best romance novels I have read in a while and I have been reading a lot. The characters were so believable yet special and they were so funny. I laughed out loud more than once. Really enjoyed this book.
Marblezzie (Blez)
Jan 06, 2011 Marblezzie (Blez) rated it liked it
It was a very exciting story. The story line was very realistic because this kinda thing happens in real life; meeting your online friend in person.
Sandra
Nov 21, 2013 Sandra rated it did not like it
Sounded like a great story that I could relate too. Too much, I don't know, like... Bitching. Not enough story? I guess.
Rebecca Williams
Rebecca Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Lao923
Lao923 added it
Jun 12, 2016
Vicki Williams
Vicki Williams rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
P
P marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Gina Grabosky-Hollingsworth
Gina Grabosky-Hollingsworth rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Chris Kotrodimos
Chris Kotrodimos rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Bekah
Bekah added it
Jan 15, 2016
Dag
Dag marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Jelena
Jelena marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Dec 07, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Tasha Livingstone
Tasha Livingstone rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Reva rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
aka Samantha Beckett

Jolie Kramer began her career in 1975 as a reader in the Comedy Development department for 20th-Century Fox. She left Fox in 1977 to go on location with THE DEER HUNTER. She then worked as an auditor, associate producer and producer on such projects as WHEN SHE SAYS NO for CBS, BEULAH LAND for NBC, GREAT AMERICAN TRAFFIC JAM for NBC and CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR for Jozak Productio
More about Jo Leigh...

24 Hours: Island Fling (3 books)
  • Tall, Tanned & Texan (Harlequin Blaze #233)
  • When She Was Bad... (Blaze)