Front Porch Princess

Front Porch Princess (Pritchett #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  15 reviews

DREAMS ARE LIKE CLOUDS--THEY CHANGE SHAPE OVER TIME

At least, that's what my daughter's last summer before college has taught me. See, living

in Pritchett, Wisconsin, was not my dream--I'd wanted to be a model or an actress, living an exciting life in a big city. Instead, I fell for a farmer and wound up a mother before our first wedding anniversary! Not that I don't love b

Published March 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill

Dundee Library
In a small town, anything new is BIG.
And so Elise finds when she somehow manages to enter a Proverbs 31 Woman pageant. Before she knows it, her popularity has sky-rocketed, while her own inner doubts and unrest triple. Everyone may think she is the epitome of a godly, Christian woman, but Elise knows otherwise, or does she? She is so busy dodging attention and photo shoots with the prized town cow, when will she have time to figure everything out?
I couldn't put this book by Kathryn Springer down...more
Cathryn
I thought this was a really good book that had me thinking about events in my past and future possibilities. I highlighted several passages to add to my notes near Proverbs 31 in my Bible. I liked the characters and the Wisconsin setting. Kathryn Spinger is very descriptive with her writing and you feel a part of the story. I am already into the next book of this series. Highly recommended for a good "snowed in" read.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This was a Christian Chick lit book that finds the main character 18 years later after being married at 18 and at a crossroads in her life...her daughter is going off to college and she isn't sure what to do with her life. Little did she know that her daughter enters her into the Proverbs 31 pagent. It makes her take another look at her life and figure out if she is living up to what Proverbs 31 has to say.
Christy
Deep and fun!!! Too things I like in a book. I really enjoyed this story about a Mom in a small town who realizes just how wonderful she is and all those around her. It's about contentment and accepting the reality of your life, realizing you are exactly where you belong. It's about surrendering to the notion that God's plan is bigger and better for you so go with it!!!
Sherri
When I picked out this book, I had no idea it was a Christian book. To my complete surprise and enjoyment, I found it to be a wonderful story. What a great book about contentment. And the guilt that comes from being "stuck" in a place you'd rather not be, but you are there for love. Then you realize it's really where you belong--God knew it all along!
Karen
This is for all you romance/ficion readers out there who are looking for something clean and funny to read...it's pretty entertaining and I think I'm going to read the next one. Ms. Springer is a Christian writer and I think she did a good job keeping it non-denominational (mostly).
Katie Watkins
I really liked the hidden meanings in this book. The main character really came to find herself and what was really important to her when her daughter entered her in a pageant. She always felt like she was missing something and wanted more. A good Christian book.
Blogsdon
Great Christian fiction for middle-age moms who need to feel good about their accomplishments in life. The writing of Kathryn Springer is very easy to read; expresses the Christian relationship in a very down-to-earth manner.
Mary
Loved this book and could relate to the main character. So loved the part about dreams changing like clouds to reflect what God has planned for us.
Ginger Baerg
Really good book about making your faith your own and how to survive the downtimes of marriage by faith.
Melissa
A little silly, but fun, quick read. Perfect for while I was sick for a week!
Judi
Jun 25, 2013 Judi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Andrea Fuller
Recommended to Judi by: Laura Fredrickson
A fun little romp with unexpected depth.
Angie
It was a cute summer read.
Machelle
Cute book!!!
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Johlene Montrose-roberts
Johlene Montrose-roberts marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Tiana
Tiana added it
Apr 28, 2014
Shantyl
Shantyl marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Kathryn Springer, winner of the 2007 Write Touch Reader’s Award (long contemporary), grew up in a small town in northern Wisconsin, where her parents published a weekly newspaper. As a child, she spent many hours sitting at her mother’s typewriter, plunking out stories, and credits her parents for instilling in her a love of books – which eventually turned into a desire to tell stories of her own....more
More about Kathryn Springer...
Longing for Home (Mirror Lake, #4) The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5) Jingle Bell Babies Love Finds a Home (Mirror Lake, #2) A Place to Call Home (Mirror Lake, #1)