Start by marking “Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)

Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams #2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,951 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
From bestselling author Lori Wick comes the moving second book in the Big Sky Dreams series. Sabrina Matthews, a young prostitute in the rough frontier city of Denver, is befriended by a police of
Published December 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sabrina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sabrina

Sara ♥
All right, so if you read the book summary and you're anything like me, you chuckled and went "REALLY? That's a bit cheesy, don't you think?" (But I wanted to read the other two in the series, so I had to read this one...) And it could have been the cheesiest book ever, but it was VERY well written, with very intriguing and believable characters. I mean, the book wasn't perfect by any means. There were a couple of things that sorta bugged me, but overall, it was downright moving.

After Sabrina's
Jerry
Mar 19, 2016 Jerry rated it really liked it
Another good one from Christian writer Lori Wick.
Kristy
Oct 19, 2015 Kristy rated it liked it
Rating: 6/10

Very enjoyable listening experience. I think I preferred Sabrina to Cassidy. It was lovely to see Sabrina's transformation from prostitute to a respectable woman. Rylan makes for a good romantic interest and I loved the way he pursued Sabrina. I loved watching their relationship blossom. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

The Questions:

Entertaining/Addictive?: Sabrina's backstory gave the second book in this series a little more depth which made me feel more
Nicky Macaskill
Aug 18, 2014 Nicky Macaskill rated it liked it
A pastor and a former prostitute. Quite a complex combination, but it was a wonderful example of God's grace at work in our lives.

I could see Rylan and Sabrina, the main characters, were perfect for each other (just like all the other characters in the book did). A Pastor's heart is to reach out to the lost and care for the unlovely, and as a former prostitute, seeing herself as the lowest of the low, Sabrina would not consider anyone above her compassion. They would serve together well.

I love
Barbara
Jan 16, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it
The second entry in the Big Sky Dreams trilogy by author Lori Wick is everything the first one ("Cassidy") wasn't: itt's respectful and honest. It shows character growth. The story is there for you to read and enjoy--and learn from.

In the bustling town of Denver, Colorado, a policeman and his wife, Danny and Callie, befriend a young prostitute named Sabrina (Bri) Matthews. She begins to learn about God and salvation from them and becomes a believer. Worried that she will slide back into her form
Paz Field
Sep 11, 2009 Paz Field rated it it was amazing
Amazingggg. I thought it would be an airy fairy christian romance, but it delves heaps deeper and deals with the reasons woman became/become prostitutes, how hard it is for them to get out and the healing power of Jesus :)Even though its set in the 1880's its still relevant with its themes of men objectifying women, and women feeling that they have to conform to men's worldly expectations?? Instead of realizing theyre a cherished daughter of God :)
Also makes a point of the fact that if God can
Eva Lounsbury
Feb 03, 2016 Eva Lounsbury rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the story after reading the back of the book because it reminded me of one of my all time favorite books - Reddeming Love, by Francine Rivers. Sabrina is set in the late 1800s and is a story of a prostitute who left that life, moved to another town, and tried to start life again - a totally new life.

I must admit, as I started reading, it didn't have the same heart wrenching hold on me as Redeeming Love did. Francine truly has a gift in her writing, and this book didn't flow q
Kim Dennis
Mar 18, 2015 Kim Dennis rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
With a few exceptions, I enjoyed this book much more than I enjoyed Cassidy. It's entirely possible that I enjoyed it more because I had such low expectations. There was A LOT of sermonizing in this...much more than I remembered in Cassidy, and it was a little much for me. I fast-forwarded through some of it, and tuned out a lot more of the rest. I also found myself getting a bit annoyed that everyone was so perfect. I don't read books for realism (otherwise I wouldn't enjoy fantasy so much), bu ...more
Rina
Feb 20, 2012 Rina rated it it was amazing
Last week I read Cassidy and liked it so much I immediately went and got the rest of the books in the series from the library. Book two was even better than the first and am looking forward to book three.

The story starts out in Denver, CO and at first I was saddened because I had hoped the stories would continue to take place in Token Creek. Well, I just had to be patient.

Raven is a prostitute. Danny Barshaw is a police officer investigating a murder on the street when he notices the young woman
Deborah
Jun 26, 2013 Deborah rated it it was amazing
In the frontier town of Denver, Colorado, Sabrina Matthews is given a second chance to escape the perilous life of a prostitute by a policeman and his wife. Danny and Callie give her everything she needs to start a new life, sharing their home and their faith in Jesus Christ.

Cleaning up after working the night district isn't the hard part - it's the past that nips her heels at every turn. Danny and Callie send her to Montana Territory to give her a chance for a fresh start. But will her willingn
Melissa
Aug 02, 2010 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, chick-lit
Margaret Chind
Jul 15, 2010 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: admirers of Francine Rivers, Tamera Alexander, et al
Recommended to Margaret by: Harvest House
Forgiving oneself of their past sins is a difficult issue no matter what it is that you are guilty of. The story of a prostitute coming to Christ has been told. It was told in the Bible, it was told by Francine Rivers, it was told by Tamera Alexander, and now I've read it again from Lori Wick. But that is not saying oh, read it move on. Definitely not. The fact of hearing over and over again that no matter how bad you think your past actions have been, God loves you is incredible. The story of S ...more
Sonya
I normally enjoy Lori Wick's writing. I think Sabrina is a series, but couldn't tell. I had trouble following the main plot as there were a lot of side plots and side characters which I couldn't place. The action seemed to stop with a lot of discussions about sermons and Bible readings. It was distracting. Several times I thought that I wouldn't finish it, but I did. I wouldn't read it again.

Carolyn Malone
May 02, 2014 Carolyn Malone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the read! You'll fall in love!

Worth the read! You'll fall in love!

I accidentally purchased the first book in this series, and realized what a brilliant writer Lori Wick is and I wished to continue the series. Sabrina is well written and very inspiring!
Julie McGaffey
May 21, 2015 Julie McGaffey rated it it was amazing
I read this book and was pleasantly surprised. Loved all the Characters. Felt in some ways like I was reading the book of Hosea. Yet thankfully, Sabrina doesn't want to go back to her old life like Hosea's wife did.
Karen & Gerard
This is a Christian historical romance book that is fairly predictable and contains a lot of scripture, including the plan of salvation. Sabrina, the main character, was a prostitute who is befriended by the sheriff and his wife who share God's plan of salvation with her and help her get out of prostitution. She leaves town and starts a new life, supporting herself by being a seamstress and working in a mercantile. She tries to help other prostitutes and finds love in her new town. It's a book t ...more
Val
Jul 11, 2016 Val rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some people on this site complain about preachy, well this book was preachy. Wow! It was even a bit much for me. It was interesting, but just too "perfect" and preachy.
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2015 Cheryl rated it liked it
This one was a decent story, again portraying the struggles a young woman would face to find work and live in the Wild West.
Anna
May 19, 2014 Anna rated it it was ok
Sometimes I like to read these fluffy Christianese novels to mindlessly escape in a entertaining if unrealistic story. :)
Jessie
Apr 16, 2011 Jessie rated it liked it
I give it a three, because I loved the premise: The pastor and the prostitute. But again, as is traditional for Lori Wick, she has this unbelievably fantastic story idea, and proceeds to destroy it with preachy Christian messages, (and I'm a Christian, so that's saying something) corny love and really awkward phrases:

"Will you walk me home?"
"On one condition."
"What's that?"
"I get to hold your hand."

corny..... and really painful to read :p The only one of her books that I've ever truly LOVED is t
Dani
Nov 19, 2008 Dani rated it liked it
This book wasn't great, but it was a step up from the first book in the series. Again, there's no secret who the heroine will marry at the end, but at least this time there seems to be some real obstacles in the couple's way. The short scenes made a little more sense because I was familiar with the characters. I plan to read the third book in the series, mainly because it is easy and light. If I were to recommend it, I would say that the series is a good choice for adults who are learning Englis ...more
Candy
Sep 19, 2014 Candy rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, series, romance
Another very good book by Lori Wick.
Princess Nozi
loved it
Shayz
Sep 10, 2014 Shayz rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one!!
Lindsey
Apr 24, 2014 Lindsey rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book much more than expected!
Carrie
Dec 03, 2010 Carrie rated it really liked it
This was the second in the Big Sky Dreams series. I ejoyed this one the best. Sabrina, who lives a life of a prostitute in Denver, when a Policman and his wife take and interest in her and help get her out of that life, but it is hard to get away from her past in Denver, so she moves to Montana. I thought this character was really engaging and I enjoyed reading this story.
L
Aug 21, 2012 L rated it it was amazing
Set in Denver, CO in 1880, Lori Wick writes about a young prostitute that saves another one from a beating, and it turn, is saved by the sheriff and his wife, a wife who had once been in the same profession. Lots of Scripture support the story, and the men's fellowship who meet regularly to pray and try and clean up the town painted a great picture for solutions in our time.
Oct 25, 2010 Laura rated it liked it
I feel like the story moves extremely slowly, which could be due, in part, to the fact I'm listening to the book on CD. The storyline is nice and I like the reminder that God's grace covers all sin. But some frustrations with the way the author writes weigh on me, such as "that woman" and "get wet" in reference to wading in the creek. Who talks like that all the time?
Jan 24, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Wick's later series (including this one) are not nearly as strong as her earlier work.

My theories: she is lightening her schedule as she approaches a well-earned retirement, or she's already retired and the last few series have a ghost writer.

My recommendation: skip this series and check-out her early work from the library.
joyce lynn
Mar 23, 2009 joyce lynn rated it it was amazing
a bit unbelievable how the story first unfolds, BUT ... then again, maybe during that time, when people weren't as afraid of "getting involved", it very well COULD have happened!

again, i loved the down to earth characters, and the realism. looking forward to the next book in the series, providing i can get my hands on it!
Sabrina 5 23 May 10, 2014 10:17PM
  • Beneath a Harvest Sky (Desert Roses, #3)
  • A Searching Heart (A Prairie Legacy, #2)
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • Sweet Violet (English Ivy, #3)
  • Forevermore (Only in Gooding, #2)
  • The Husband Tree (Montana Marriages, #2)
  • A Bride for a Bit
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Big Sky Dreams (3 books)
  • Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams, #1)
  • Jessie (Big Sky Dreams, #3)