Start by marking “Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)

Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,573 ratings  ·  67 reviews
From bestselling author Lori Wick comes the moving second book in the Big Sky Dreams series. Sabrina Matthews, a young prostitute in the rough frontier city of Denver, is befriended by a police of
Published December 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sabrina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sabrina

Sara ♥
All right, so if you read the book summary and you're anything like me, you chuckled and went "REALLY? That's a bit cheesy, don't you think?" (But I wanted to read the other two in the series, so I had to read this one...) And it could have been the cheesiest book ever, but it was VERY well written, with very intriguing and believable characters. I mean, the book wasn't perfect by any means. There were a couple of things that sorta bugged me, but overall, it was downright moving.

After Sabrina's
Barbara
The second entry in the Big Sky Dreams trilogy by author Lori Wick is everything the first one ("Cassidy") wasn't: itt's respectful and honest. It shows character growth. The story is there for you to read and enjoy--and learn from.

In the bustling town of Denver, Colorado, a policeman and his wife, Danny and Callie, befriend a young prostitute named Sabrina (Bri) Matthews. She begins to learn about God and salvation from them and becomes a believer. Worried that she will slide back into her form
Paz Field
Amazingggg. I thought it would be an airy fairy christian romance, but it delves heaps deeper and deals with the reasons woman became/become prostitutes, how hard it is for them to get out and the healing power of Jesus :)Even though its set in the 1880's its still relevant with its themes of men objectifying women, and women feeling that they have to conform to men's worldly expectations?? Instead of realizing theyre a cherished daughter of God :)
Also makes a point of the fact that if God can
Nicky Macaskill
A pastor and a former prostitute. Quite a complex combination, but it was a wonderful example of God's grace at work in our lives.

I could see Rylan and Sabrina, the main characters, were perfect for each other (just like all the other characters in the book did). A Pastor's heart is to reach out to the lost and care for the unlovely, and as a former prostitute, seeing herself as the lowest of the low, Sabrina would not consider anyone above her compassion. They would serve together well.

I love
Rina
Last week I read Cassidy and liked it so much I immediately went and got the rest of the books in the series from the library. Book two was even better than the first and am looking forward to book three.

The story starts out in Denver, CO and at first I was saddened because I had hoped the stories would continue to take place in Token Creek. Well, I just had to be patient.

Raven is a prostitute. Danny Barshaw is a police officer investigating a murder on the street when he notices the young woman
Deborah
In the frontier town of Denver, Colorado, Sabrina Matthews is given a second chance to escape the perilous life of a prostitute by a policeman and his wife. Danny and Callie give her everything she needs to start a new life, sharing their home and their faith in Jesus Christ.

Cleaning up after working the night district isn't the hard part - it's the past that nips her heels at every turn. Danny and Callie send her to Montana Territory to give her a chance for a fresh start. But will her willingn
Melissa
Margaret
Jul 15, 2010 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: admirers of Francine Rivers, Tamera Alexander, et al
Recommended to Margaret by: Harvest House
Forgiving oneself of their past sins is a difficult issue no matter what it is that you are guilty of. The story of a prostitute coming to Christ has been told. It was told in the Bible, it was told by Francine Rivers, it was told by Tamera Alexander, and now I've read it again from Lori Wick. But that is not saying oh, read it move on. Definitely not. The fact of hearing over and over again that no matter how bad you think your past actions have been, God loves you is incredible. The story of S ...more
Carolyn Malone
Worth the read! You'll fall in love!

Worth the read! You'll fall in love!

I accidentally purchased the first book in this series, and realized what a brilliant writer Lori Wick is and I wished to continue the series. Sabrina is well written and very inspiring!
Karen & Gerard
This is a Christian historical romance book that is fairly predictable and contains a lot of scripture, including the plan of salvation. Sabrina, the main character, was a prostitute who is befriended by the sheriff and his wife who share God's plan of salvation with her and help her get out of prostitution. She leaves town and starts a new life, supporting herself by being a seamstress and working in a mercantile. She tries to help other prostitutes and finds love in her new town. It's a book t ...more
Peanutfeldbusch
This is my all time favourite book! It is one of the few that I have actually reread. About 3 or 4 times I think. It makes me laugh and cry every time. I highly recommend this book.
Anna
Sometimes I like to read these fluffy Christianese novels to mindlessly escape in a entertaining if unrealistic story. :)
Jessie
I give it a three, because I loved the premise: The pastor and the prostitute. But again, as is traditional for Lori Wick, she has this unbelievably fantastic story idea, and proceeds to destroy it with preachy Christian messages, (and I'm a Christian, so that's saying something) corny love and really awkward phrases:

"Will you walk me home?"
"On one condition."
"What's that?"
"I get to hold your hand."

corny..... and really painful to read :p The only one of her books that I've ever truly LOVED is t
Dani
This book wasn't great, but it was a step up from the first book in the series. Again, there's no secret who the heroine will marry at the end, but at least this time there seems to be some real obstacles in the couple's way. The short scenes made a little more sense because I was familiar with the characters. I plan to read the third book in the series, mainly because it is easy and light. If I were to recommend it, I would say that the series is a good choice for adults who are learning Englis ...more
Candy
Another very good book by Lori Wick.
Shayz
I really liked this one!!
Lindsey
I enjoyed this book much more than expected!
Carrie
This was the second in the Big Sky Dreams series. I ejoyed this one the best. Sabrina, who lives a life of a prostitute in Denver, when a Policman and his wife take and interest in her and help get her out of that life, but it is hard to get away from her past in Denver, so she moves to Montana. I thought this character was really engaging and I enjoyed reading this story.
L
Set in Denver, CO in 1880, Lori Wick writes about a young prostitute that saves another one from a beating, and it turn, is saved by the sheriff and his wife, a wife who had once been in the same profession. Lots of Scripture support the story, and the men's fellowship who meet regularly to pray and try and clean up the town painted a great picture for solutions in our time.
I feel like the story moves extremely slowly, which could be due, in part, to the fact I'm listening to the book on CD. The storyline is nice and I like the reminder that God's grace covers all sin. But some frustrations with the way the author writes weigh on me, such as "that woman" and "get wet" in reference to wading in the creek. Who talks like that all the time?
Wick's later series (including this one) are not nearly as strong as her earlier work.

My theories: she is lightening her schedule as she approaches a well-earned retirement, or she's already retired and the last few series have a ghost writer.

My recommendation: skip this series and check-out her early work from the library.
joyce lynn
a bit unbelievable how the story first unfolds, BUT ... then again, maybe during that time, when people weren't as afraid of "getting involved", it very well COULD have happened!

again, i loved the down to earth characters, and the realism. looking forward to the next book in the series, providing i can get my hands on it!
Alice
Another Lori Wick romance for those who love Christian "gentle reads". Very gentle; the story is completely about a man and a woman coming to realize that they are falling in love.

As usual, Wick's dialogs are filled with ridiculous anachronisms that disqualify the story from being serious historical fiction.
Judine
Love the angle Wick takes in this novel. Sabrina's past as a prostitute is handled well, and it really helps drive home the idea of redemption -- perhaps the most significant one to do this since "Sean Donovan." I also like that she showed Rylan as a devoted minister before his marriage.
Jen
I don't think that Lori Wick is the best writer ever, but I like her books. I like that her characters are moral, and I like that in the end, everyone falls in love. I don't think this was one of her better books, but it was a satisfying read, especially on a tired Saturday night.
Terry
This was not a bad book to read...I wish I knew it was a 2nd book in a series before I read it, but whadda ya gonna do. It seemed like the story was too simple and happened to easy...I didn't feel like it was realistic. Maybe I'll go to the library and read Cassidy now!
Melissa T
I really enjoyed the first Lori Wick book I read--and I enjoyed several after that. Perhaps if I had read this one before reading others I would have enjoyed it more. As it stands, it was a pleasant, clean, and quick read. I don't have much else to say about it!
Shantel
Loved it. The best one in the trilogy. I actually like the romance and religion. It's refreshing to read an uplifting book with no sludge, but still be about everyday situations and everyday people trying to find truth and peace with themselves and with God.
Sky Destrian
I received this book for Christmas. It is a wonderful story of forgiveness, and how God can accept us no matter what our past. I'd recommend it for any fans of Janette Oke or prairie romance, but take note that it is a mature book.
Sandra
Feb 07, 2009 Sandra marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Sandra by: librarian
So far I love this book, I did not realize that this was a part of a series, will need to get the ones before it.
I like the idea of a small town, and that the people take care of each other in body and spirit.
Sabrina 5 22 May 10, 2014 02:17PM
  • A Bride for a Bit
  • Sweet Violet (English Ivy, #3)
  • Shadows of the Canyon (Desert Roses, #1)
  • The Husband Tree (Montana Marriages, #2)
  • Beyond the Gathering Storm (Canadian West #5)
  • In His Arms (Coming to America #3)
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • Forevermore (Only in Gooding, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)