Start by marking “Kids in the Riot: High and Low with The Libertines” as Want to Read:
Kids in the Riot: High and Low with The Libertines

Kids in the Riot: High and Low with The Libertines

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The extraordinary story of the most gifted yet nihilistic London band since The Sex Pistols is told. Kids in the Riot is written with the complete co-operation of the major players in the gloriously destructive ascent of The Libertines and documents the break-ins, break-ups, punch-ups, etc.
Published April 1st 2005 by Omnibus Press

To ask other readers questions about Kids in the Riot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids in the Riot

Some girls read chick lit. My light reading tends toward that peculiarly British band book - the one written by a marginally famous person who grew up with/toured with/did drugs with a significantly more famous person, or um.. pair of siblings.
It's usually, but not always, a flattering coming of age story - as seen through the lens of the only person with enough brain cells left to write the tale of the band's early days.

Not sure why I picked this up - I've never understood the appeal of Pete Do
Feb 23, 2007 emily rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: music
It may seem a bit early for a book about them, but the Libertines story already involves so much drama it was inevitable. This is basically a collection of interviews with Carl, Pete, record label people, and photographers all put together by some buddy of their's. So it reads like a really long magazine article, which is exactly how I wanted it to be. As silly as it may seem, I've been kind of moved by a couple NME articles about them. I love their music and it's so sad how totally fucked-up th ...more
I'm kind of torn between 3 or 4 stars. This book is comprised of direct quotes from Pete, Carl, and a few other people, and the author's (who was a good friend of the band)personal opinion. Consequently, it's quite messy. Pete and Carl frequently contradict each other, and the book is filled with very biased personal opinions. John and Gary's voices are pretty much completely absent, which seems strange, and a lot of the people interviewed seem to be very carefully trying to avoid the blame of w ...more
What the hell have I just read?
Alan Fricker
Utter trash but enjoyable for all that.
Evelina marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Stephw is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2015
Lauren added it
Aug 29, 2015
Tham added it
Aug 18, 2015
April marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Alex Gibbons
Alex Gibbons marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Carella Ross
Carella Ross marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Beck added it
Feb 28, 2015
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015