Start by marking “Kingdom Come: The Final Victory” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Come: The Final Victory

Kingdom Come: The Final Victory (Left Behind #13)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  3,110 ratings  ·  136 reviews
The horrors of the Tribulation are over, and Jesus Christ has set up his perfect kingdom on earth. Believers all around the world enjoy a newly perfected relationship with their Lord, and the earth itself is transformed. Yet evil still lurks in the hearts of the unbelieving. As the Millennium draws to a close, the final generation of the unrepentant prepares to mount a new ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Come, please sign up.

Joe FIness I just started this book. I been through the series 2 times before and felt the same way about "The Glorious Appearing". botyh times thats where i…moreI just started this book. I been through the series 2 times before and felt the same way about "The Glorious Appearing". botyh times thats where i just fell off. Ironic I know, lol, get all that way and give up. Well third times the charm I guess. This book though, while I guess it does seem to start off slow, I think it's good, for if nothing else it seems like the begining of the series again with the "T.O.L". thats where I'm at now, and anticipating it will keep climbing. i hope it doesnt turn out that i was just really optomistic, lol, that would suck.(less)

Joselle173
Waaaay too preachy, too much quoting of the Bible. It didn't read like a novel for the first 1/3 of it, and I nearly gave up on it after having read 12 books prior to it!

I was annoyed with the whole storyline involving Kenny and his friends trying to infiltrate the non-believers during the millenium, and it never goes anywhere. I was left wondering what was the point? I found this to be a disappointing end to an otherwise great series.
Michael Tesdahl
"Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." The end if the age is exactly what this book is about. This is, no doubt,this is a book that anyone should read. Of course i do not suggest this to anyone who has not read the first twelve books of the Left Behind series. The entire series is amazing, so starting at the beginning is completely worth it. This book begins about eight years into the Millennial Kingdom. The Millennial Kingdom is Jesus' one thousand year reign on Earth. Kingdom ...more
J. Else
The magical quality about this series is showing that its okay to have a flawed faith, God always loves you and accepts you. I like reading about characters who struggle day-to-day with faith and overcome those challenges. These characters have "glorified minds" and are all nice and sweet. They no longer feel physical attraction towards one another, just brotherly-sisterly love, which is boring. The first chapters are very slow reads as its Jesus illustrating his kingdom. I mean, Jesus is the ma ...more
Rio Faa
To put it bluntly, this book disgusts me. This is probably one of the most offensive, mean-spirited books that I have ever read. Admittedly, this series is definitely not for me, as I am not, and have never been a Christian. But I understand it. I get why people believe in it so strongly, I really do. That being said, the fact that books like these exist makes my heart ache.

For the most part, this series is okay. The writing is average, I liked the characters, and the story is actually pretty e
Dawn
Sometimes I just have to wonder what I'm thinking. For most of this past summer, I've been listening to the Left Behind Series mainly because the first book was part of the Tyndale Summer Reading Program. And while it was nice to revisit this series, I see now why I never took the time reading either the prequels or the final one Kingdom Come. The final one came out 7 years ago, and by that point I was already over the series. Especially since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out that y ...more
The first four chapters are BORING! I actually bought the book when it first came out because I LOVE Left Behind, but I couldn't read those chapters. It's very little narration, and more speculation on what will happen at the beginning of the Millenium, which involves reading long passages of scripture and Raymond actually feeling weird about building his house. Not exactly the drama we're used to with these novels.
But after that, the book becomes much more like the other books in the series, a
Joyce
I purchased this Book in 2007....Most of what I remember was that it was a series of around 13 Books....and most all of the Reviews that I have read...I must say that I agree with...Many who have read this series have indicated that they are now re-reading their Bible and or feeling much closer to God...There is also comments about the Evil that exists among our population...I totally agree with that statement....
Dorothy Bandusky
The final book in the Left Behind series is certainly an improvement over the book that comes immediately before (where Scripture is quoted for much of the book). That being said, in this concluding installment I felt more time should have been spent explaining why meat was still eaten and sacrifices continued during the Millennium than retelling well-known Bible stories.
Also, not all, but a few of the characters from the Tribulation didn't seem like themselves; there was just something a little
F. Atchley
am a huge fan of the Left Behind series. It was a series that really got me back into reading. As a sequel, I enjoyed Kingdom Come, but there were points where it left me a little disappointed.

The subject of Kingdom Come is the much debated Millennial Kingdom, a prophesied 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ on earth. Satan, also known as the Devil, is locked up for the duration and is unable to tempt mankind. At the end of the Millennial Kingdom he is set free (or escapes) to once again tempt man
Wendy
I have read all of the Left Behind books and I felt this was an appropriate closing to the series and a good fictional representation of the prophecies in Revelations. I really enjoyed this book and seeing the happy ending for all of the characters I loved so much in the rest of the series. After reading this series, anyone who was not a believer would surely turn into one.
Glenda L
I thought I had read all of the Left Behind books, but found this one on my shelf. I am so glad I read it, as it concludes the series. I learned about all of the trials and tribulations of the end times and of course all of the beauty for the believers. I guess you could call this a "Christian Thriller." At any rate it makes you think.
Robert
Anna
This was the final installment to the Left Behind series, and it was bittersweet. I eagerly anticipated its release because I was dying to know what happened--the flow of the series was broken up by the release of several prequels prior to this book--but I also didn't want it to be over. After reading the more than a dozen books in the series, I became attached to the characters. Jenkins created believable, everyday characters struggling with issues of faith.

At this point in the series, Jesus'
Sarah Schoesler
It has been a couple of years since I read the first 12 books in this series and I wished that I would have ready book number 13 right away. It took me quite a while to get back into the series and even though I remembered most of the characters by name, I could not completely remember their stories. This book takes place during Jesus' 1000 year reign. Only those who are believers in Christ, or born since the Glorious Appearing, are left on earth. Those born since the appearing have 100 years to ...more
Donna
Though I thought the ending a bit rushed and some parts a bit too obvious, I found this final book in the series to be much more engaging than I'd anticipated, especially given some of the negative reviews. I enjoyed the appearances of Old Testament figures and the strong integration of Scripture into the story. Further, I was rather impressed with the authors' ability to illuminate the role of free will during the Millennium and to predict how Satan could gain followers even as he's locked away ...more
Lynnda Ell
Kingdom Come met my expectations for the polished duo of LaHaye and Jenkins. When the timeline for the plot needed to cover 1,000 years in under 400 pages, I was a bit sceptical that they could pull it off. They came through by using roughly the first half of the story to give a detailed account of the world under the authority of King Jesus.

The only ones in the new kingdom were Christians left on earth after King Jesus judged the nations. Those Christians who had died both before and during th
Mark Baker
The final Left Behind book follows our characters during the 1000 year millennial kingdom of Christ. I have enjoyed previous books in the series, but this one fell flat with very little real drama. The characters are worse then one dimensional as well.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Mike Mcintyre
The problem with this book is that it lacks legitimate conflict. The main characters can't die, and the ending is telegraphed long before we even start this book. There's a little manufactured conflict towards the end, but overall not the most exciting installment in this series.

The first couple of chapters are virtualy unreadable. If you stick with it, it gets a little better. This book is really for die hard left behind fans (if you've read the first 15 books, you mine as well read this one).
Susan Barhydt bielecki
It has taken me approximately a year and a half to read this entire 16 book series with this being the last one. The journey has been well worth it. It started out very fast paced and exciting as I gobbled up the first 3 books quickly. Some of the books were a bit slower and I think this one probably was the slowest of them all. This book did delve into more biblical interpretations which I enjoyed but it took me a long time to get through it. The end began to get even more interesting and then ...more
Katie O'malley
I'm just saying the series should have ended at Glorious Appearing. This was the most painful book I have ever read, not because it wasn't well written, because it was. It was just so DIFFERENT from the first books of the series that I felt like I couldn't engage with the characters at all. The only good part was the last half of the last chapter and even that portion was vague and dis interesting. I'm very disappointed in the end of the series. I had to literally sit down and FORCE myself to re ...more
Sammie
Honestly, I understand the theology enough to get the point. I do. But for such a thrilling, heart-pounding series of books, I was let down by this. Now, mind you, Christian fiction usually isn't up to par with a lot of books out there, but this series always kept me rolling. But this last book, everything felt anti-climatic. I don't know why, really. I knew the ending, too (not like it was a huge surprise, I mean, COME ON) but still. I felt it lacked quite a bit in the thrills department. Maybe ...more
Heidi
Another good one, but it didn't hold my attention as much as the other ones. I am more skeptical of the theology of this one too. I really liked the last chapter when the very last "battle" and the Great throne judgment occurred, and believers were given new bodies and brought to the New Jerusalem and New Heavens and Earth to be with Christ forever. Amen!
Terri
This is the only one in the series that read as a novel to me...that might sound strange, but for me, this particular book was the authors' best guess. All the others worked on prophecies from the Bible.
Such a great series...I would highly recommend this series to anyone of any age.
Candie Mendez
Love, love, love. Must read for everyone

Loved the series, would recommend everyone read them. Over well written that gives insight to the last days. Thank you for the insight!
Tanya Hess
astounding

I look forward to the rapture. I've read these books twice, and have learned so much. Even as I cross reference what the authors wrote with bible scripture, I find it to be the same. God gifted these men with this in order to further His kingdom.
Amy
I wish they had left the Left Behind books alone. This book was not needed. Yes it was a good thought " lets write about what happens after Satan is defeated". I jus thought this book was too much sappy & happy.
David 'Wavey' Cowpar
After twelve other amazing books on a realistic look at what Revelation might be saying, this one was ridiculous. Jesus is back on earth reigning as King, but for some weird reason sets back up the Temple and sacrificial systems...

if you read the series give this one a miss.
Lee
Becca Evans
This is definitely my least favorite in the series. It almost feels like different authors wrote this book. I think they did a good job with Kenny but the rest of the characters there was nothing there. It was just kind of boring.
Cindi
This was a bit tough to get into because the book covers the entire millenial (the last book stopped just after the coming of Christ and the resurrection of the saints) but I did enjoy the story of the original Tribunal Force crew and how they and their kids lived on a world with Jesus on it. If you've read the series, you'll know that the writers use scripture in two ways: by quotes and by interpreting it as a plot line for their characters. So tho I felt somewhat rushed thru the years, I was a ...more
  • Silenced: The Wrath of God Descends (Underground Zealot, #2)
  • Apocalypse Unleashed: The Earth's Last Days: The Battle Rages On (Left Behind: Apocalypse, #4)
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye is an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim LaHaye...

Left Behind (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Left Behind (Left Behind, #1)
  • Tribulation Force (Left Behind, #2)
  • Nicolae (Left Behind, #3)
  • Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind, #4)
  • Apollyon (Left Behind, #5)
  • Assassins (Left Behind, #6)
  • The Indwelling (Left Behind, #7)
  • The Mark (Left Behind, #8)
  • Desecration (Left Behind, #9)
  • The Remnant (Left Behind, #10)
Left Behind (Left Behind, #1) Tribulation Force (Left Behind, #2) Nicolae (Left Behind, #3) Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind, #4) Apollyon (Left Behind, #5)

“I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” 0 likes
“You too can be blessed of the Lord if you remain strong and have courage, trust in the Lord with all your heart, and remain obedient and faithful.” 0 likes