Start by marking “Dance of the Gods (Circle trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Dance of the Gods (Circle trilogy #2)

Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy #2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  21,365 ratings  ·  485 reviews
With one vampire determined to rule the earth, the Circle of Six prepares to battle for their lives—and their hearts...

Blair Murphy has always worked alone. Destined to be a demon hunter in a world that doesn't believe in such things, she lives for the kill. But now, she finds herself the warrior in a circle of six, chosen by the goddess Morrigan to defeat the vampire Lili
Published October 1st 2006 (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dance of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance of the Gods

Sofia Teixeira
Após um início de trilogia promissor em A Cruz de Morrighan, Nora Roberts traz agora até nós a sua fantástica continuação. Se o primeiro livro tinha servido mais como introdução às personagens e aos mundos em questão, O Baile dos Deuses prepara-nos para o derradeiro confronto final.

É essencial que o círculo se prepare para a grande batalha. É preciso treinar, traçar estratégias e fortalecer todo o conhecimento que adquiriram até então. O inimigo está sempre à espreita e eles não podem ser apanha
I am just not feeling this whole trilogy. Book One was a big disappointment and Book Two isn't much better. The whole vampire vs. human war is tough for me. I am not a paranormal fan in any way. Okay, I do enjoy a good time travel tale and maybe a ghost story here and there, but witches and vampires and shape shifters, no thanks.

The goddess Morrigan has summoned 5 humans and one vampire to save the "worlds" from the evil vampire, Lilith. Last book they gathered and skirmished with Lilith's vampi

This book picks up where the first one ended: on the day after the night battle against the vampires. The circle decides to counter-attack in style, going to the mouth of the caves where Lilith is hiding. They succeed, albeit barely, and go back home. They settle back into their training routine until the time comes for them to go to Geall, where the final showdown will take place.

However, once there, they have trouble to convince the local populace that vampires are real and are coming for them
Sara ♥
September 13-17, 2012

Love love love Blair and Larkin!! :) So great together!! I can't read Book 1 without continuing to Book 2! Book 3.... I can skip to the ending. :) Blair ROCKS. She's powerful, but with serious vulnerabilities. and Larkin.... Oooooohhhh.... LOVE. He's sooooo great and SO great for HER, which, though they're fictional, is the most important thing! :)

August 9, 2009

Ah, Blair and Larkin... What fun!

This book is pretty fabulous! Blair has some serious issues (thanks to her terribl
Possible Spoilers
Book 2 in the Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts.

Still narrated by an older gentleman who is sitting around a camp fire with a bunch of kids and knowing that there are some steamy sex scenes, is wrong on so many levels!! but the story continues..
 photo wrong_on_so_many_levels_540_zps413b2597.jpg

The story is basically detailing more information and giving more insight into the life of Blair Murphy, who is the warrior in a circle of six, chosen by the goddess Morrigan to defeat the vampire Lilith and her minions.
She has a hard time
Kara Jorges
The second installment of the Circle trilogy is written as more of a traditional romance than the first, but sill contains plenty of magic and vampire dusting. The Six: Hoyt, the sorcerer; Glenna, the witch; Larkin, the shape-shifter; Blair, the demon hunter; Cian, the vampire; and Moira, the scholar, travel through the Dance of the Gods, after a heavy vampire attack, to the land of Geall, where Moira and Larkin came from. The impure were barred from the dance and Cian almost doesn’t get in, but ...more
Juana "Darkness" Duran
In Ireland the group of six; Glenna, Hoyt, Cain,Larkin, Miora, and Blair get ready to travel. But first they all have to get a plan that will make Lilith the vampire queen mad. They accomplish it when they go into her lair and release some of her prisoners and kill some of her prized fighters. Blair and her fellow fighters go back to the house, where she is confronted with a past love. Jeremy is used against Blair and for leaving her he pays dearly with his life, and that Blair is destroyed. Lar ...more
This book underscores the point that pretty spun sugar writings aren't enough to save a story.

Anyway, this buffy the slayer wanna be is introduced at the end of book one, when Cian's right hand gets killed. When I read that, I was like, "Hmmm, the first one to get killed from this happy band of brothers had to be a brother. Figures."

So Blair comes from a tribe of vampire hunters, her duty is holy, and descendants are trained, from father to son - but Blair breaks this rule by the fact that she
Ronda  Tutt
Now this was a great book - I love stories that have dragons apart of the story.

The romance between Larkin and Blair is awsome. Now that the circle of 6 has come through the Dance of Gods, they are in Geall where the battle will be fought in the valley of silence. The group - Blair, Larkin, Moria, Cian, Hoyt, and Glenna start training the army for the battle that will come on Samhain (Holloween) in the Valley of Silence.

I think the best part of this book that I love the most is the fact the Lark
Lizabeth Tucker
Book Two of the Circle Trilogy. The preparation for the final fight against Lilith, Queen of the Vampyres, and her army of undead continues. The story now focuses on Larkin Riddock and Blair Murphy, the shapeshifter and the demon hunter.

Used to never being truly loved by the men in her life, Blair didn't believe she could have any type of future with Larkin. But she was willing to take enjoyment in the moment as she prepared for the upcoming apocalypse.

As the time grows closer to Samhain, the ci
Tempo de Ler
Depois de Glenna e Hoyt, bruxa e feiticeiro, terem impulsionado o início de uma batalha épica entre o Bem e o Mal, neste segundo livro da Trilogia do Círculo continuamos a acompanhar o recém-formado grupo de guerreiros nos seus esforços para derrotarem a verdadeira personificação do mal: a terrível vampira Lilith e o seu exército de sugadores de sangue.

Blair, caçadora de vampiros por herança, teve que lidar desde muito cedo com a rejeição - A mãe abandonou-a e o próprio pai não tinha nada mais a
Carol Storm
I really loved this second book in the CIRCLE OF SIX Trilogy by Nora Roberts. The main romance is between Blair the vampire slayer from our world and Larkin the noble lord from Geall. But there's some very steamy foreshadowing of a romance between good queen Moira and the vampire Cian as well!

Since this book really belongs to Blair and Larkin, I want to comment on something no other reviewer has really discussed. That's the obvious way in which these characters are inspired by people on the lege
I have been a Nora Roberts fan for quite some time now, but I must say I find this series to be disappointing. I haven't read the last book in the series yet, but I feel as if these first two books are just dragging their literary feet in order to fill up 600 pages before the big battle at Samhain, or whatever. It's dull to read 600 pages in which nothing really exciting happens. Yes, there's a skirmish here and there, but there's nothing exciting to keep me going because, well, we all know Robe ...more
Aug 04, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Time-Travel Romance
Book #2 in the Circle Trilogy and this series should be read in order because each of the six "warriors" are the main characters in a book and their characters, relationships and events leading to the final showdown develop throughout the series.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The dialogue had me laughing out loud many times. Both Glenna (witch from book #1) and Blair--two modern women--mixed their personalities with the past. Refreshing.

Blair was the "demon hunter" and I enjoyed her feisty, ta
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Nora Roberts is one of the only "romance novelists" that I can read, and this book is a classic example of why she has transcended that genre for me. In the first place, she limits the heavy sex scenes to approximately one a book - keeping the story interruptions to a minimum. For another, she weaves a beautiful plot in and around the romantic aspects of the story so that you really do feel like you are reading a beautifully written fantasy novel that just happens to have a sex scene or two in i ...more
1,5 stars

I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan. I love to read her romance/thriller novels as well as her "in death" series.

But although i had some great expectations regarding this trilogy, so far things are not working out. The story and the elements involved in it, unfortunately just felt too cliché, and i ended up bored senseless with it. Even more so that on the first book. Although i do prefer Blair and Larkin as a couple, than i do Glenna and Hoyt.

The only reason i didn't give up on this, was beca
In Book 2 of The Circle Trilogy, the Six who form the Circle move thru the second month of their preparation of war, The Time of Learning. The Gods have charged the six to fight the army of vampires led by 2000 year old vampire queen Lilith. They have completed the first month, The Time of Gathering, in understanding each other and forming a unit. Now they should learn to face what they fight and also hone their skills in their defense, form an army and march towards the Valley in Geall where th ...more
Kimz Zahour
I'll try to be vague, but... possible SPOILERS!
I enjoyed this book even better than the first and I can't wait to demolish the last book in this trilogy. It's like candy!
While reading the part where our Warrior Blair is alone in the forest with her thoughts near the gypsy’s wagon, it suddenly dawned on me who the storyteller might be. I'll email you my guess if you like. ;) But please don't confirm or deny... or tell me who it is. :P

It's an okay book. I'm having trouble really getting into this series. The characters just seem very one dimensional and there is no flow overall from book to book with the personal lives of the characters. I'd like to see more growth as opposed to a switch in focus from book to book.
Sandy Lender
Nora threw everything including the kitchen sink in here. I didn't like the main character or the obnoxious guy who she was supposed to fall in love with. Now, I DID like the vampire and the growing tension between him and the princess from another dimension/reality. Very nice.
Ben Krombholz
Two books into this trilogy... still not convinced this faux Scooby Gang would be able to save the world (if they weren't so obviously destined to do so). But to be fair, I'm not convinced Lilith has the resources to conquer the world(s) either. (I mean, she's being challenged by a nigh-medieval army wielding swords, bows and stakes; last I checked, "conquering the world" involves taking on those with guns, missiles and tanks.) Yeah, yeah... "suspension of disbelief" and all that... but for all ...more
A fun continuation of Morrigan's Cross, this book has a fun balance of romance, fantasy, and drama. I find the characters inviting, and I'm rooting for Cian, all the way!
Nov 01, 2012 Leila rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Blair the warrior and Larkin the shapeshifter's story. The circle is still preparing for the coming battle with Lilith, and these two fall in love. It's pretty good.
This series has totally captivated me. I am so anxious for them to get to the final battle, but yet I don't want it to end because I have come to love this circle.
The second book in The Circle Trilogy focuses on Blair and Larkin and their budding romance as well as gives background on both characters and the continued training of all of the characters in preparation for their fight against Lilith. Eventually the group leaves Ireland and travels back in time to Geall to help Maura's people prepare for Lilith's army and the coming battle.

Slightly silly with the vampire story line as well as the time travel and a bit fun in the fantastical plot and humor in
Tendo feito a encomenda pela net, permitiu-me ter como oferta livros, sendo este livro um deles. E não me apercebi que ele fazia parte de uma trilogia até que o comecei a ler. Sendo o segundo volume, já muita coisa aconteceu no primeiro da qual eu não li e nem sei em pormenor, o que leva-me a atribuir apenas 3 estrelas.
Não que não tenha a qualidade que Nora Roberts já me habituou, porque tem. Assim como gostei da mitologia da história e da ação (e começo a pensar que a autora tem uma paixão enor
The best book in The Circle Trilogy without a doubt.
Aurelia Rowl
4.5-5 stars

All done; now onto the big finale.
  • Purity in Death (In Death, #15)
  • Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters #5)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Circle Trilogy (3 books)
  • Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy, #1)
  • Valley of Silence (Circle Trilogy, #3)

“No point in wishing for what you can't have. - Blair

What's the point in wishing for what you can and do? - Larken”