The Best of Pugad Baboy (Pugad Baboy, #2)

The Best of Pugad Baboy (Pugad Baboy #2)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  397 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Pugad Baboy (literally, "swine's nest" in Tagalog) is a comic strip created by Filipino cartoonist Apolonio "Pol" Medina, Jr. The strip is about a Manila community of mostly obese people - "fat as pigs", so to speak (baboy is Tagalog for pig).

It started appearing in the Philippine Daily Inquirer on May 18, 1988. It currently appears exclusively in the Inquirer line of news...more
Published June 1st 1991 by New Day Publishers (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Best of Pugad Baboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best of Pugad Baboy

Ela Kaimo
The first Pugad Baboy book I read. It was my mother's copy and when she gave it to me, I was completely absorbed by the hilarity. It's sharp, satirical, and witty, and made me a PM Junior fan ever since. All these years later, the jokes still seem as fresh to me as when I first opened its cover.
Lovely P.
Oct 29, 2012 Lovely P. marked it as to-read
Earlwin
Will I ever see this series on ComiXology? The Amazon Kindle/Read on a browser just sucks ass. I've tried both forms and Comixology wins because of its two very simple feature--ZOOM & PAN. I've always wanted to see pinoy comics on digital format. Anyway, good to see Pol Medina books are here. I think I've read his books up to 6 or 8, I forget now. It's about 20 years ago now.
Kohi
Ang witty nung mga banat. :))
Nakakaaliw. :D

Sana makolekta ko 'to. :D

Nakakapanghinayang ang pag-alis niya sa Inquirer.
Ngayon ko lang nalaman kng gaano siya katagal doon.
Pam
As expected, Pugad Baboy had given me a good laugh. The way it tackles the issues in our country with hilarity is a good escape from our shambled current government.
Marie Ellaine
Love his characters and his humorous but sharp take on current events! More please!
Reden
Oct 03, 2007 Reden added it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Laughter is still the best medicine. Specially when one laughs at oneself. He he he.
Dennis
Thudz
Mar 12, 2013 Thudz added it
read it
Bhem Enrera
Bhem Enrera marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Romeo
Romeo marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Mariane Reyes
Mariane Reyes marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Aidan
Aidan marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Mhir Alko
Mhir Alko marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Jan Nichole
Jan Nichole marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Jeff_ymzyahoo.com
Jeff_ymzyahoo.com marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
  • Venn Man at iba pang Kalupitan ng Kapalaran! (Kikomachine Komix, #6)
  • Unreported Murders (Trese, #2)
  • 'Gapô (at isang puting Pilipino, sa mundo ng mga Amerikanong kulay brown)
  • The Splendid Magic of Penny Arcade: The 11 1/2 Anniversary Edition
  • Twisted
  • Nighthogs: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
  • Ang Kagilagilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah
  • Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas
  • Doonesbury's Greatest Hits
  • The First Filipino
  • Leading With My Chin
Apolonio "Pol" Medina, Jr. is a Filipino cartoonist best known for creating Pugad Baboy, a black-and-white comic strip first published in the Philippine Daily Inquirer on May 18, 1988.

Pol Medina graduated from the University of Santo Tomas in 1983 with a degree in architecture. In 1985, a year after securing his professional license, he went to Iraq at the height of the Iran–Iraq War to work for a...more
More about Pol Medina Jr....
Pugad Baboy 6 Pugad Baboy One (Pugad Baboy, #1) Pugad Baboy 8 (Pugad Baboy, #8) Pugad Baboy 3 (Pugad Baboy, #3) Pugad Baboy 4