One Wish Left

One Wish Left

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Poetry. "I would love to keep these poems to myself, to clutch them to me secure in the knowledge that there is someone somewhere who gets it, someone who can translate the staccato beat of a basketball on the blacktop, the sweeping touch of a lover's hand, the sweat sparked by hard honest work, the myriad insecurities that rumble beneath the surface of our lives. Tony Glo...more
Published February 20th 2002 by Pavement Saw Press (first published February 2002)

To ask other readers questions about One Wish Left, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Wish Left

John Grochalski
if i'm correct this book was Tony Gloeggler's first full-length. if so, this man has been hitting them out of the park for a while now. It's gritty, hearfelt stuff to the core. A poet who can weave nostalgia and reget the way that Tony does is one that i know i'll keep going back to time and time again. In fact, when I finished this on the evening bus I went right back and started from the top.
Carrie
I loved the concreteness of these poems--so much is grounded in the physical world, the geography of NYC, of the human body. The poems move fast and the verbs and syntax are awesome. I admit that I was a little put off by the frequent sex in the poems; by the final third, the endings, which would have been shocking taken individually, felt predictable.
James Grinwis

okay, no more 1 stars. there are some nice poems here. big voiced poems. i am going to change all my one star reviews to two stars, giving a one star is probably just silly.
Rebecca
This is an excellent collection of poems....every piece is solid, I highly recommend reading this book!
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Steven Farmer
Steven Farmer marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
David
David added it
Jun 25, 2008
The Last Lie My Other Life In the Night Count the Stars: an uncommon anthology Pavement Saw 8: The Man Po Pavement Saw 4