Start by marking “Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants, #2)” as Want to Read:

Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  20,207 Ratings  ·  538 Reviews
George and Harold are up to their usual tricks. Last time they hypnotized Principal Krupp into believing he was Captain Underpants. Now, by mistake, they bring to life the most disgusting, life-threatening monster -- the terrible Turbo Toilet 2000. Can anyone save the school from the terrifying attack of the Talking Toilets? Watch out world, big briefs are back!
Published June 16th 2000 by Scholastic (first published 1999)

Emily
Aug 17, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
You know, I almost don’t want to admit it, but I enjoyed Captain Underpants. Not to the point that I feel like I need to read another one, but certainly more than I expected. George and Harold are two bright yet… precocious young men who write their own comic books about a character they call Captain Underpants. Due to some accident that occurs in the first Captain Underpants book, their principal is occasionally hypnotized to believe he is Captain Underpants, during which time he sheds his ...more
Jess Wilson
Feb 15, 2010 Jess Wilson rated it really liked it
Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets opens with a comic strip giving a premise of the book- telling the true story of how they hypnotized their principal. Two boys, Harold and George transform their principal into Captain Underpants whenever they snap their fingers. To stay out of trouble, the boys receive detention but instead find themselves in a world of trouble. They stumble on a super copier that breathes life into 2-D illustrations. Harold and Greg copied their newest ...more
ⓢ✯ⓘ✯ⓔ✯ⓡ✯ⓡ✯ⓐ
Captain Underpants is an amazing childrens' series. I wish I would've read them when I was little. I regret that I haven't. But now I am, and I'm having a good time!
"Captain Underpants" is an enjoyable and funny read. I like the pictures too. I find it impressive that the author writes and draws. Usually childrens' authors hire illustrators, but not this one. I'm looking forward to reading more of Dav Pilke's books.
Amy
Decidedly less funny than the first Captain Underpants book. I'm not expecting high humor, here, but the kids didn't even really laugh at this one. Although they did engage in a lively debate about why toilets would even need to wear underwear. Who knows, maybe they're budding debate club members. Honestly, do our politicians even have debates much above this level?

Mehsi
My first book for the Banned Books Week (25-9 to 1-10). I guess most of you can imagine why this one would be banned.

It was a fun book though, and I laughed a lot. I will definitely see if I can find the other books in this series as well, I was already surprised to find this one at Library #3 (then again they have a bigger English collection than my other libraries).

I am sure a lot of people won't like the humour in this one (toilet humour, plus over-the-top evil teachers/principal), but I qu
Oscar Parra
Oct 06, 2016 Oscar Parra rated it really liked it
Shelves: fall-shelf-2016
Still holds up as one of the best books out there.
Michele Lee
Apr 11, 2011 Michele Lee rated it really liked it
Parents who aren't already on the Captain Underpants bandwagon are missing out. These books are fun, funny and most of all they get kids engaged with real books, not just game screens.

Harold and George are best friends and a pair of truly mischievous kids. In the first book they kinda sorta accidentally brainwashed their mean principal into becoming Captain Underpants, the comic superhero they created. In this book Principal Krupp (Captain Underpants' alter ego) is holding the second annual In
Dolly
Apr 01, 2012 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another hilarious book in the Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey. We really liked the first book and I'm not sure why we waited so long to read the next one. Our girls were howling with laughter and insisted that I read another chapter and another chapter until we finished the whole book in one reading (it's a quick read, but they still were up a little later than I'd like!) The humor is quite juvenile and the storyline is very predictable, but we all really liked it. They especiall ...more
TheMadHatter
Jan 16, 2016 TheMadHatter rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Late last year, my seven year old son told me that he didn't like reading. This floored me a little as he is a really good little reader, but apparently he reads what he is told to at school and knows the words he sees on the page, but doesn't really enjoy it (and after listening to the school readers with him each week, I am not overly surprised).

Anyway, I was told by a local librarian that these are books that young boys love. At just under 150 pages, the length is perfect. We read a few chapt
Lion
Sep 07, 2009 Lion rated it really liked it
So far, my favorite in the series. Harold and George go to the detention room. Mr Krupp their principal tells them to write the sentence "I will never do anything which angers my handsome and charming principal, Mr Krupp, ever, ever again." Once they finished writing the sentences, they had a lot of time to write a new comic to sell at the playground. Mr Krupp said if they left the detention room, they would be suspended. But George and Harold snuck out and tried to make copies of their book ...more
Nicola Mansfield
With the second book in the series, Pilkey picks up steam and presents a totally hilarious story. Following the same formula as the first book, this one ups the fun factor with a couple of comic sections and two Flip-o-ramas. Funnily enough toilet humour is limited to the presence of toilets and there were laugh out loud moments even for me! Book one was just OK however with the second outing for Captain Underpants Pilkey doesn't hold back and we get to see that he's fully capable of: making ...more
The Reading Countess
Back by popular demand, more night readings with flip-o-rama and tra-la-laaaa! Good times.

...and let's not forget the explanation of why boys need urinals and girls don't, and the Uranus joke that flew over youngest's head.

All boy humor, all the time.
Good times!

It may not be classic literature, but I sure do enjoy the time youngest and I spend together. He would probably tell you that his Mama really gets into the characters, too. Thankfully, no recording devices are around. I'm turning out to b
Michelle
Aug 22, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth-literature
If I was in second or third grade, I'd probably give this a 5. It definitely is not written for 24 year old librarians, but Dav Pilkey's book is awesomely clever and hilarious, and many reluctant and non-reluctant readers will love this book (though they might have already read it).

I'm sure there are those who will object to the subject of toilets/toilet humor etc. In this case, I'm not one of them.
Jase
Aug 17, 2016 Jase rated it it was amazing
one day the was 2 kids named George and Harold they hypnotized the mean principle to be captain underpants when some snaps there finger so when the evil toilets attacked a woman snapped her fingers and then the principle turned into captain underpants then the toilets ate 3 teachers and then captain underpants destroyed the toilets

I liked the flip o rama because it looked like a cartoon

why is Harold and George always mess up the sighs

Jayden Olsen
Feb 17, 2013 Jayden Olsen rated it it was amazing
George and Harold are usually responsible kids... whenever anything bad happens, George and Harold are usually responsible!
And it looks like they're up to their old tricks again! First, they ruined the school's science fair with a series of silly pranks. Then, they accidentally created an army of evil, vicious, talking toilets, intent on taking over the world. Who will stop the carnivorous commodes?!!!? This looks like a job for Captain Underpants!
Siobhan
Sep 08, 2015 Siobhan rated it really liked it
A wonderful read from my childhood, one I’d certainly suggest for other youngsters. Whilst it is not my all-time favourite childhood read I can still recall all the details of this one meaning it certainly left a lasting impression upon my young mind.

And isn’t that what we want with children’s books, for them to leave a positive lasting impression?
Leo Cheng
Apr 29, 2016 Leo Cheng rated it really liked it
This book completes the requirement for reading a book I haven't read since elementary school, a book I can finish in one day, a book that has a sequel, and a graphic novel. There are interesting and very creative ideas in this book. Pilkey writes," In fact they accidently almost destroyed the whole planet with an army of evil vicious talking toilets!"
Brody
Feb 28, 2011 Brody rated it it was amazing
Well i liked this book. It is really silly. They battle the toliets in their school by throwing food at them, when ever you snap your fingers he turns into capitan underpants and saves the day. The main charecters names are George and Harald . I liked this book because it is really funny.
Stacy
Feb 02, 2011 Stacy rated it it was ok
This is another one I read with my son. He LOVES it. He was giggling all through the book. I'm not so sure I'm a big fan of the 'captain underpants'. It was fun laughing with my boy though.
Kayla
Jun 23, 2009 Kayla is currently reading it
it is very great and i just started but it is very great.i love it is very great it is also funny crazy great for very goofy peole.ilike this book because it makes me laugh.
Isobel
Oct 09, 2015 Isobel rated it it was amazing
I though that the book was written okay but sometime my mental movie went blurry I try to get it back.

Dolly Lwin
Jun 05, 2015 Dolly Lwin rated it it was amazing
This is my second book of this series and I hope I can find more if these. It has a Greta adventure and seems to entertain me.
Imas
Jul 29, 2012 Imas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Badung adalah nama keuarga Harold dan George. Mereka berdua melaksanakan rencana untuk menggagalkan acara konvensi invensi yang terlarang untuk mereka hadiri.
Bahiyyih
Feb 15, 2016 Bahiyyih rated it really liked it
The name is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!! And the book is pretty good and when I told my sister the name she laughed out loud!
Manecita
Brianna
hillarios
Tyler Hibson
May 20, 2016 Tyler Hibson rated it it was amazing
It is darn stinging asome
is this good for kids 11 30 Aug 16, 2014 10:48AM
Isn't it funny 5 15 Apr 24, 2012 05:30AM
isn't captin underpants funny 1 7 Sep 24, 2011 05:11PM
  • The Frandidate (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #7)
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Curse of the Were-wiener (Dragonbreath, #3)
  • Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
  • Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve (Magic Tree House, #30)
  • Junie B., First Grader: One-Man Band (Junie B. Jones, #22)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)
  • Brave New Pond (Squish, #2)
  • The Temple of the Ruby of Fire (Geronimo Stilton, #14)
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy
  • The Class Election from the Black Lagoon
  • Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady, #3)
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

More about Dav Pilkey...

Captain Underpants (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1)
  • Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants, #3)
  • Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4)
  • Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman (Captain Underpants, #5)
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)
  • Captain Underpants and the Big Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 2: Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-Boogers (Captain Underpants, #7)
  • Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People (Captain Underpants, #8)
  • Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Captain Underpants, #9)
  • Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers (Captain Underpants, #10)
  • Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000 (Captain Underpants #11)

“two wrongs dont make a right” 15 likes