Start by marking “Seeing What's Next?Using The Theories Of Innovation To Predict Industry Change” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Seeing What's Next?Usi...

Clayton M. Christensen

Seeing What's Next?Using The Theories Of Innovation To Predict Industry Change

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  2,359 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Internationally renowned innovation expert Clayton M. Christensen and his research partners Scott D. Anthony and Erik A. Roth present this groundbreaking guide for predicting outcomes in the evolution of any industry.
Published 2004 by Recorded Books

Be the first to ask a question about Seeing What's Next?Using The Theories Of Innovation To Predict Industry Change

Nick
Skip this book, read this paper instead:

If there was a ChangeThis Manifesto for Clayton Christensen's Seeing What's Next, this post at Harvard Business School's Working Knowledge would be it. This paper explains why (but not using these exact examples) Net Neutrality should be allowed to exists, why RIAA/MPAA will die off, why NBC and Universal's Hulu service is destined to fail.
Kent
Perhaps my rating should be slightly less than OK, but that doesn't exist in the stars. Listening was tedious and I could not get past about 70% of the way through. I finally asked myself why I was forcing my self to allow this background noise that did not hold my interest. I shut it down. The points made in this book about distinguishing signals from noise, positioning organizations for response to threats and opportunities and the challenges faced by organizations due to size and resource lim ...more
Claudia Yahany
Hace 10 años seguramente fue buenísimo, pero se le nota el paso del tiempo. Christensen no está equivocado, pero hay explicaciones mucho menos complejas para casos más actuales, usando prácticamente los mismos términos (esta observación aplica para todos sus libros).
Demasiado académico, pudiendo hacer las cosas más sencillas para el lector promedio ¿qué necesidad? Christensen hace reflexiones de casos (que como siempre es sólo observar el pasado) para concluir en que "todas las empresas son dife
Robert
Seeing What’s Next: Using Theories of Innovation to Predict Industry Change
Clayton M. Christensen, Scott D. Anthony, and Erik A. Roth
Harvard Business School Press

According to Christensen, "While the two previous books [i.e. The Innovator's Dilemma and The Innovator's Solution] were aimed at managers inside firms who wanted to defend again or attack with a disruption, Seeing What's Next is written for those who watch industries from the outside, and who must make important decisions based on what
د.أمجد الجنباز
من الكتب الرائعة
تتحدث عن كيف تبدأ الابتكارات الهدامة صغيرا
ثم تكتبر بالتدريج الى ان تكتسح المنافسة
مثلا، عندما بدأت سكايب
كان السوق منقادا بواسطة المسنجر الخاص بوندز
لكن سكايب كبر واكتسح المسنجر حتى اضطر مايكروسوفت إلى شرائها بمبلغ ٨ مليارات
الواتس اب أيضا اكتسح السوق صغيرا ايضا بشكل ابداعي ثم تحول بعدة سنوات الى اكبر برنامج للرسائل واشتراه فيس بك ب ١٦. مليار

ان اردت ان تعرف كيف يحدث ذلك، ولما لا يستجيب المنافسون بشكل جيد عادة ثم يخسرون بشكل مؤلم
وان اردت ان تعرف من اين عليك ان تكتسح السوق
فلا بد لك من
Timothy Chklovski
Good application of the theories laid out in Christensen's et al earlier books. Perhaps best read some time after "Innovator's Solution", to benefit from spaced repetition. Although the book does not add entirely new frameworks, the application to specific industries adds nuance. For example, the health industry is presented as tiers of providers, from patients self-administering tests to nurses to GPs, to specialists and subspecialists, all increasingly moving upmarket as disruptive innovations ...more
Derek
I'm likely not the businessman/investor type to read this book, but really enjoy Christensen's perspective and way of explaining processes and evolutions. He has authored a book that covers a great amount of breadth and depth in how to see and create ideas that will disrupt current practices. He covers a good blend of known and less familiar case studies to leave a lasting, memorable impression that I can apply in my own miniature business ideas. The fact that this was written in 2004 and so man ...more
Howard
I thought this was dry and dense. There's some useful techniques to be learned, but it's really tough to wade through the text to get to them.
Vincent
The content on "disruptive innovation" alone makes this book an absolute must-read for any forward-thinking businessman, whether you're a manager or investor. On top of that, the discussions on spotting industry change and analyzing competitive battles between two firms in an industry, make the book an invaluable asset.
Jenny (biggeist 1D fan alive) Rahal
I haven't read it yet but I'm starting to
So far so good this isn't my type of book but it's pretty good
I'm still trying 2 fit in with the book but it's not working for me
Like come on I'm only 13 I don't think I should be reading this type of book
But it's not bad
But just not for me
(sorry if I'm not making sense)
Sergei Nemirovsky
The ideas in this book are very interesting. I know that Christensen is a somewhat of a superstar professor at the HBS so he probably likes to sound and act like a big academian. Still for sanity's sake he (or his editors) should have made this book shorter and sounding more practical and less academic.
TK Keanini
There are useful patterns in this book. What you don't want to do is take any of this too literally because our industry is moving so quickly that the value is in the functiional patterns applied to your own system dynamic. You can put this on the list of books that help you develop foreknowledge.
DanDan
I arranged for Dr. Clayton Christensen to speak at a luncheon for the BYU Management Society, a couple years ago, his presentation on distruptive technologies was fantastic, His books have proven to be equaly insighful.
Shaun
I am fascinated by any book written by Clayton Christensen. He has an interesting perspective on innovation and how it drives business strategy. If you like business and marketing and strategy, this is a must read.
William Matthies
Most anything written by Christensen is good but none as much as his first book, "The Innovator's Dilemma". But still read this if you are interested in innovation.
Ken
Good book, that supports his previous books. After reading three of Clayton's books you begin to think in here terms for growth and innovation.
Rebecca
I dropped the book because it just didn't hold my interest. I've read more practical books on innovation.
Robin
I think the outcome from this theory is hypotetical but that's what great writings are all about.
Kara
Some interesting ideas and examples, but not easy to read nor good flow.
Lori Grant
A should-read book on innovation for knowledge workers and entrepreneurs.
Kine
I didn't come further than page 75. This does not interest me.
Greg
I'm interested in the sections about education in particular.
Tom
May 01, 2008 Tom marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Looking to see application to Corporate Fundraising.
Brian
A lot of good info but don't get the audiobook!
Reinaldo Villar
Good theory, boring reading.
Aaron Rainer
Aaron Rainer marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
  • Numbers Guide: The Essentials of Business Numeracy
  • Learning from the Future: Competitive Foresight Scenarios
  • Re-Create Your Life
  • Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies
  • Turning Numbers into Knowledge: Mastering the Art of Problem Solving
  • Bankable Business Plans
  • 3-D Negotiation: Powerful Tools to Change the Game in Your Most Important Deals
  • The Myths of Innovation
  • How to Read a Financial Report: Wringing Vital Signs Out of the Numbers
  • Marketing Metrics: 50+ Metrics Every Executive Should Master
  • The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course in Finance for Non-Financial Managers
  • Fail-Safe Investing: Lifelong Financial Security in 30 Minutes
  • The Simplicity Survival Handbook: 32 Ways To Do Less And Accomplish More
  • Getting Started in Consulting
  • Principles of Statistics
Clayton M. Christensen is the Robert and Jane Cizik Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School, with a joint appointment in the Technology & Operations Management and General Management faculty groups. He is best known for his study of innovation in commercial enterprises. His first book, The Innovator's Dilemma, articulated his theory of disruptive technology.

Christen
More about Clayton M. Christensen...
The Innovator's Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business How Will You Measure Your Life? The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth The Power of Everyday Missionaries Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns