Start by marking “A Dama da Ilha” as Want to Read:
A Dama da Ilha

A Dama da Ilha

3.58  ·  Rating Details ·  1,126 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
O Marquês de Stillworth, Reilly Stanton, quer reconstruir o seu orgulho ferido comprovando para todos e para si mesmo que é um verdadeiro herói e não um bêdado inútil como afirmou sua ex-esposa.

Ignorando todos os conselhos sensatos que recebeu, o londrino Stanton assume um posto médico na remota Ilha de Skye convencido de que pode conviver com as condições de vida, digamo
320 pages
Published 2011 by Planeta do Brasil (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Dama da Ilha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dama da Ilha

Rachel Brand
Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would! This is officially my first "real" romance novel - I don't think Mills & Boon or Francine Rivers really count. I thought I'd give Meg Cabot's older novels a try as I've found her newer stuff to be really hit or miss, and, hey, I had some spare BookMooch points.
I liked the fact that the two main characters were very unique - the man wasn't a jerkish, alpha male, and was actually rather gentlemanly. The woman had hobbies and interests, and wasn'
Rhein
May 02, 2015 Rhein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dikasih buku ini sama Nana...

SUKA! SUKA! SUKA! Saya termasuk jarang banget baca hisrom, meski koleksi hisrom & harlequin milik Ibu ngga kalah banyak dengan koleksi novel detektif milik saya. Dan cerita Patricia Cabot aka Meg Cabot ini keren banget! As usual, Cabot selalu mengusung tema unik dan menarik di setiap novelnya, yang bisa dibilang risetnya kece badai. Di novel kali ini tentang penyebaran wabah kolera di awal abad 19.

Romance-nya ngga menye-menye, malah cenderung lucu, manis, dan men
The Book Worm
Jul 18, 2016 The Book Worm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This s a thoroughly enjoyable book, written by Patricia Cabot, aka Meg Cabot. author of the Princess Diaries and a series of other books meant for more mature audiences (such as the Insatiable series, for example).

Lady of Skye is funny, fast paced and easy to read. Besides, I found the plot fairly original for a regency romance, where both main characters eschew their noble upbringing (or not a lot of upbringing, in the case of Brenna, since she's more of a tomboy, really) to help the local popu
Lorena Rabelo
It took me so long long to finish this read I can only assume that either I'm no longer the voracious historical romance reader I used to be or this book is just really not that good. And it is such a shame because I got myself an amazing hardcover first-edition in a secondhand bookstore believing I'd found a literary treasure. Poor me.
Juhi
WOW that was such an amazing read. It pulled me in immediately. I loved every single character- especially humble, sincere, terribly charming Reilly trying so hard to prove himself and fearless, brilliant Brenna who's on a crusade that no one else seems to understand. The secondary characters were very well developed and led to some great laughs as well as tying the story together as a whole. I just loved seeing both the protagonists so committed to medicine and to their patients and the vulnera ...more
Koki
Mar 25, 2016 Koki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: čakala-som-viac
Pri písaní tejto knihy zrejme Cabot nebola vo svojej forme. Inak si neviem vysvetliť ako sa jej podarilo dať dokopy túto zlátaninu :-( Kým v knihe Polibek pro nevěstu, ktorú som od nej čítala minulý rok, som sa bavila, pri tejto to bolo opačne - nuda, nuda, nekonečná nuda... Kniha ašpirovala na titul "nedočítaná", avšak to by som Cabotke nemohla urobiť - niekde v kútiku srdca som tajne dúfala, že predsa len sa dej nejako rozbehne, postavy dostanú šmrnc a bude to čítanie, ktoré môžem ohodnotiť as ...more
Hobby

Books “ROMANSA DI PULAU SKYE”
Judul Asli : LADY OF SKYE
by Patricia Cabot
Copyright 2001 by Meggin Cabot
Penerbit Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Alih Bahasa : Iingliana
Desain sampul : Marcel A.W.
Cetakan I : November 2010 ; 504 hlm ; ISBN 978-979-22-6449-4
Harga Normal : Rp. 50.000,-
Rate : 4 of 5

Marquis Stillworth VIII memilih untuk lebih dikenal sebagai Dr. Reily Stanton alih-alih mengandalkan statusnya untuk menaikkan pretise di pergaulan sosialita papan atas. Hal ini pula yang menjadi faktor putusnya pert
Jessica
Ok, I admit it, I picked up this book primarily because I was curious about Meg Cabot's earlier works (and this particular book is now conveniently available in eBook format on Amazon). And I have to say…I was actually kind of impressed.

I wasn't sure how an author known for her light and fluffy chick-lit would handle historical characters and scenes. Yeah, so she often switches back into American words (like "diapers" instead of "nappies"). But honestly, that was my only complaint about this bo
Fiary
Mar 18, 2011 Fiary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novel Historical Romance ini menawarkan cerita yang berbeda. Kita tak akan menemukan acara pesta dansa kaum bangsawan, tidak akan menemukan para putri bangsawan yang sibuk mencari calon suami dan juga tidak akan menemukan gaya hidup kaum bangsawan. Malahan kita akan menemukan gadis cantik yang tangguh, cerdas, yang penuh rasa ingin tahu, yang tidak silau dengan gelar kebangsawanan, yang berpakaian tidak biasa pada jamannya, yaitu bercelana panjang!

Cerita ini, menurutku lebih banyak kepada sang t
Netha
Apr 29, 2011 Netha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
novel meg cabot pertama & juga novel HR pertama yg ku baca hampir 2 minggu kemudian baru kelar
yahh bukannya jelek sih hanya tidak terlalu menarik untukku akhirnya baru baca 5 halaman ku taruh ku ganti baca novel yg lain
terus seperti itu.... baru tadi malam aq kelar baca heheehehehhe

sebenarnya ceritanya ringan & banyak yg lucu tp entah kenapa saking ringannya sampe rasanya bosan......
aq juga ga ngerasa chemistry antara riley & brenna.
terlalu banyak tokoh yg membuatku sebel disini, yah
Amy Watt
Mar 15, 2012 Amy Watt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Finally! An author who can actually write Scottish dialect without going over the top and butchering the language!

Brenna (the heroine) is a strong, confident women, who lives by herself (shocking!), and is trying to prove her father's theory that miasma's of disease don't exist. I love when books have strong female leads, instead of simpering ninny's. The book instantly becomes 10x better.

Reilly (the hero) is a gentleman who has moved from London to the Isle of Skye. Whereas most of the other me
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
kari
Feb 01, 2010 kari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Sad to say, I didn't much care for this one. It all felt very contrived and didn't flow smoothly for me. While I really liked the character of Reilly Stanton, the young English doctor, I didn't really care for his love interest, Brenna, much at all. The relationship between them felt forced, like suddenly they just want each other. Her objections once they got together, as you always knew they would, felt silly. There wasn't any reason why she couldn't love Reilly and have what she wanted from h ...more
Nan
Nov 01, 2010 Nan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normally, I can jump right into a Patricia Cabot (Meg Cabot's pseudonym) novel quickly. Normally, within a few pages, I'm smiling happily at the familiar characters as they move through their story.

Not this time.

For once, I had a very difficult time engaging in a Cabot novel. In some people's eyes, that might mean that this is one of the best books she's written. I don't know if I'd go that far.

Brenna and Reilly are, in their unique ways, familiar Cabot characters. Brenna is the Amazon-like wom
Adriana
Sep 14, 2013 Adriana rated it really liked it
Romances de Época: livros que nunca me decepcionam. A Dama da Ilha não foi exceção. O livro que foi escrito por Patricia (pseudônimo de Meg Cabot) tem como protagonista Brenna, uma quase médica/veterinária determinada que não se faz de rogada e Reilly, nosso caro doutor em provação. Quando esses dois se encontram é fagulha pra todo lado! As provocações, os diálogos intensos, as personalidades de duas pessoas que quase sempre discordam em tudo, faz do livro uma leitura engraçada e agradável.

Bem,
Vina Raintree
aku baca ulang novel novel lama.. ^_^
dan yang terpenting ini novel emang bener bener bagus.. paling suka kalimat favoritnya :

"Tolong, Sir," Reilly merasa harus menyela. "Tapi aku keberatan apabila anda berteriak kepada istriku seperti itu."
"Your Grace!" geram paman Brenna.
Reilly mengerjap. "Maaf, Sir, tapi kurasa ada kesalahpahaman di sini. Aku bukan duke."
"Bukan," seru Paman Brenna. "Tapi aku seorang duke! Kebetulan aku adalah Duke Camden, dasar anak muda tidak tahu diri, dan aku akan mengh
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
Aug 31, 2011 ❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone above 17
Recommended to ❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀ by: myself
Shelves: time-historical
Among all the other books that has the genre of historical romance, only a handful of them could bring out both romance and interesting story in the same sense. Others are like 'oh the love scenes are so steamy and hot...' well, it makes the story shallow. But mixed with something that the characters should achieve together (thus bringing them closer and more aware of the sparks they share, getting to know love as well), it spices up the whole story.
That is what I love about this book, which is
Yovano N.
Dec 27, 2013 Yovano N. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bisa juga dibaca di sini: http://kandangbaca.blogspot.com/2013/...

Lady of Skye berkisah tentang Dr. Reilly Stanton yang datang ke Lyming, sebuah desa di pulau Skye, untuk bekerja sebagai dokter di sana untuk menjawab iklan dari Lord Glendenning. Reilly rela jauh-jauh dari London dan meninggalkan kehidupannya yang nyaman untuk membuktikan kepada mantan tunangannya bahwa ia bisa menjadi dokter yang baik, dan bukannya seorang pemabuk tidak berguna. Reilly berharap apa yang dilakukannya mampu melulu
Alice
Well, yang aku suka dari novel ini adalah ketika aku beli sedang diskon 40% ahahaha.
Hm yah membaca dari sinopsis di belakang cover lumayan bikin penasaran, dan setelah di baca, yah antara terpenuhi bayanganku dan tidak. Aku sudah mempersiapkan diri membaca cerita yang tidak tentang bangsawan-bangsawan (ya, itu harus dipersiapkan) eh ternyata. Lalu yah lumayan romantis dan lumayan banyak istilah medis (walau nggak full juga). Baca ini tuh antara bosan dan penasaran.
Beth
Apr 20, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully entertaining! Not formulaic Romance, although the author did use some typical of the genre's wording. Good historical fiction otherwise. Loved the setting, Scotland and exploration of cause of cholera. Brenna, Reilly, Lord Glenndenning, etc.engaging characters. Looking forward to reading
Cabot's EDUCATING CAROLINE, another ROMANCE/HISTORICAL FICTION.
Melissa French
I picked this up at a used book sale more for the Scottish "atmosphere" than for any other reason, but it was a fun, easy, light read of historical fiction. It involved a romance, but it didn't seem to be the most well-written romance ever. The historical aspect was more enjoyable to me--a lady who practices medicine! Gasp! In trousers! Double gasp!
Malathi
Jun 08, 2014 Malathi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Deeply disappointed . Expected much more from Meg Cabot . But this book had no plot at all . Rambling writing , stuff not relevant to the storyline .
Nana
Jan 22, 2012 Nana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Salah satu novel historical romance yang bagus banget menurut aku.
Soalnya ceritanya berkembang dan lebih complicated ketimbang cinta-cintaan doang tapi juga ga terlalu berat yang sampe musti membutuhkan otak banget buat mikirin jalan ceritanya.

Suka banget sama tokoh-tokoh utamanya, dan juga tokoh-tokoh pendukungnya, terutama dua teman dekat Reilley, Shelley dan Pearson yang kocak abis.

Baca buku ini bikin ngakak terus karena ceritanya yang kocak dan dialognya yang juga suka ngasal.

Review lengkapn
Lucimar
Jan 29, 2014 Lucimar rated it liked it
Levaria as 4 estrelas se a autora não se repetisse muito. Ri muito, personagens e diálogos interessantes. Embora esperasse um final diferente e um epílogo, explorando um pouco o "depois" do casamento.
Saptorini
Patricia Cabot alias Meg Cabot? Uh baru tahu. Selama ini baca Princess Diary-nya dan kurang menyukai.
Tapi yang ini beda. iyalah ini kan Historical romance. Dan berbeda dengan his-fic lainnya, tak ada acara pesta dansa, rumah megah bergaya victoria, halaman luas dan indah, atau pesta topeng.
Saya suka dgn kasus penyakit kolera, dan bagaimana Brenna akhirnya berhasil mengembalikan nama baik ayahnya sebagai seorang dokter! Good Job.
Satu lagi, selain sang Marquis yang dokter lagi tampan, saya juga s
SJ
Jan 31, 2016 SJ added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poor
It's not even worth a single star!
Elena
Apr 08, 2016 Elena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
bad
Kim_bab
May 30, 2014 Kim_bab rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
3 of 5
Angelic Zaizai

Yup, akhirnya baca HR lagi, terakhir bukunya Lisa Kleypas yang wallflower series
(4 buku) dan abis itu menyadari kalo HR bukan termasuk genre yang diprioritaskan
untuk dibaca buatkuw..

tapi karena ini Patricia Cabot alias Meg Cabot, maka harus dibaca
dan ga kecewa kok
biarpun ini romance, tapi tetep gaya kocaknya Meg Cabot ada, dan ceweknya juga jagoan, ga kaya cewe2 bangsawan itu
kalo cowonya sih typical yah - tapi yah namanya juga HR, nikmati sajalah
dan I did +____+

Kate
Mar 27, 2012 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first full-on romance I've ever read and I am impressed! The heroine was pretty awesome, saved lots of lives, and shock of shocks, wore trousers in the 1840s! Girlfriend also did some impressive epidemiological work and figured out how cholera was transmitted, thus preventing an outbreak in her community on the Isle of Skye. The hero mostly just stood around in awe of her.

A very good read!
  • Victoria and the Rogue
  • A Season in the Highlands (Bad Luck Brides, #3)
  • Dangerous Lady (Dangerous #4)
  • When a Lord Needs a Lady
  • The Cop Who Stole Christmas (Tall, Hot & Texan, #2)
  • An Independent Woman (Women and Men, #1)
  • The Sergeant's Lady (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #2)
  • My Irresistible Earl (Inferno Club, #3)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5)
  • Princess Charming (Men from Special Branch, #2)
  • Beloved Enemy
  • On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)
  • To Marry an Heiress (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • Magnolia Creek
Pseudonym of Meg Cabot

Meggin Patricia Cabot was born and and raised in Bloomington, Indiana, USA, daughter of Barbara and C. Victor Cabot, a college professor. She also lived in Grenoble, France and Carmel, California (the setting for her bestselling Mediator series) before moving to New York City after graduating with a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from Indiana University.

After working for ten
More about Patricia Cabot...