Start by marking “Again” as Want to Read:
Again

Again

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Just when your life seems to be going exactly as planned; just when you think you are probably happy; and just when you think there will be no surprises, along comes the love you never knew you needed...

Jenny Cotton is having the time of her life as the head writer of daytime's only historical soap opera. But beneath her dashing sparkle is a vulnerable woman who can't seem
Mass Market Paperback, 378 pages
Published September 1st 1994 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Again

Brie C.
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

I came upon this book by accident; I was going through my parents’ library and found this one hidden under a pile of dust. I googled the book and since the reviews were great and the description sounded interesting I read it. Once I started it I couldn’t put it down.

The book is set in the world of soap operas. The hero, Alec, is a very famous soap opera star who after having a lot of troubles with his current show gets fired and starts working in ano
Tina
This is the second book in my Seidel glom.

Jenny Cotton is the writer/producer of a daytime soap called My Lady's Chamber. Alec Cameron is a soap star who left a more prominent soap (but less well written and less well received) to over the part in Jenny's soap opera.

A bit lighter in tone than Don't Forget to Smile but just as in that book where Seidel give insider details about life in Beauty Pageants, this one gets the same treatment with daytime soaps.

I enjoyed this book but only gave it thre
Kathy
Amazing book. Reminds me of that M. C. Escher lithograph of the two hands, in which one hand seems to have slipped through the barrier of a piece of paper to draw the other hand that is, um, drawing the other hand on the, er, actual paper. Um, now that I've written that I'm a little confused so this analogy may be flawed, but it made total sense in my head.

Linda
AGAIN is an unusual piece of fiction in regards to the plot itself and the way it was told. It had both strengths and weaknesses. First, the storyline was unusual; two male actors are both interested in the same woman who is the lead writer for the show they work on. It is a soap opera that takes place during Regency times. Now, I have never watched a soap opera in my entire life, but if I did a soap of this kind would intrigue me.

The head writer, Jenny Cotton, had an unusual upbringing. Her mot
Rachna R
I want to give it a higher rating, but 3.5 fits it right. I have to say the #1 reason I picked it up was the "working on a soap opera" angle, and on that count the book exceeded my expectations - that side of it was a lot of fun. The machinations of that business - not just TV business but soap operas specifically - and the kind of delight for it that was evident throughout the novel was rad, and if Seidel had left the story just at the soap opera behind-the-scenes and the way the characters int ...more
Lizzie
More of that classic Seidel theme, working women using the office as a surrogate family, this time played out against the backdrop of a popular historical soap eerily reminiscent of Downtown Abbey. Seidel's craft is fascinating- we get a long chapter detailing our protagonist's romance with her childhood sweetheart, which helps explain why, years later, she's still with the pompous ass. We get a soap opera leading man hero whose desire to take responsibility and make things right stems in part f ...more
Jeri
This is my "go to" book when I am sick in bed and feel lousy. It is so well written that I can't help getting into the spirit of it and feel better! The plot is that there is a Regency daytime soap opera, with the actors, writers, and especially the creator of the show playing parallel roles. I love her books.
Mmeguillotine
Lots of interesting world-building around the soap opera world, but not nearly enough relationship building between Jenny and Alec. I never got a sense of who they were in relation to eachother or why they fell in love with eachother. A big miss for me in that regard.
Jennifer Nennifer
Kathleen is one of my three favorite living authors. I have never lent one to anyone who didn't like Kathleen, men and women alike. Some of her books are date because she wrote them years ago, but all are still very worth reading - even the Harlequins!
Rachel C.
My third Seidel. The story is centered around the head writer and star actor of a Regency soap opera. The romance isn't as well developed as the other two I read, but the cast of characters is a lot of fun.
CLM
Jan 10, 2010 CLM rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to CLM by: Jennifer Enderlin
Shelves: romance, soap-opera
Romantic fiction set in the world of a popular soap opera.

I enjoy Seidel's books except for her characters' unfortunate tendency to ramble in a pop psychology jargon that does not ring true.
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
SH
SH marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Lola
Lola marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Desi
Desi marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Arlene Beckett
Arlene Beckett marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Jeannine
Jeannine marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Oct 28, 2014
Pam Regis
Pam Regis is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
ClassicMaiden
ClassicMaiden marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Tammy Walton Grant
Tammy Walton Grant marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A Most Uncommon Degree of Popularity Keep Your Mouth Shut and Wear Beige Summer's End Till the Stars Fall Maybe This Time