Start by marking “Eccentric and Bizarre Behaviors” as Want to Read:
Eccentric and Bizarre Behaviors

Eccentric and Bizarre Behaviors

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Contains revealing studies of some of the most exotic psychological deviations ever published in professional literature. Uses plain English to describe the major characteristics of each unique disorder, complete with illustrative case reports and a discussion of available therapies.
Published April 24th 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (first published April 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Eccentric and Bizarre Behaviors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eccentric and Bizarre Behaviors

Andrew
Eccentric and Bizarre Behaviors is more than a sensationalized catalogue of neuroses. Louis Franzini describes a series of mental conditions, ranging from the strange and unusual to the darkly disturbing. The treatment of the subject matter is always, however, compassionate. The author seeks to shed light on these poorly understood conditions, avoiding judgment for those afflicted and avoiding the use of labels. Conditions are thoroughly described and analyzed, and most importantly, theories on ...more
J G
This book was easy to read. I plowed through it in one day. An excellent read for someone who wants to get to know the some pretty eccentric behaviors. From real cases of necrophilia, to the gifted savants,to the extreme paranoid, this book touches touches a wide range of psychological disorders. Even though I was familiar with a lot of these disorders I still found the book extremely interesting and very well researched.
Annie
Fast read of the history and case-studies of a few rare mental maladies. Very easy to read unlike some other psychology books. I was already familiar with some of the topics mentioned like Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy and Delusional Misidentification Disorder. The authors didn't go into anything kinkier than frotteurs and a-e-a, but it was interesting research for off-beat character traits.
Lisa
A good overview for those interested in selection of abnormal psychology. Humorous without being over the top and filled with interesting case studies (summarized and explained clearly), this book made me want to pull out my DSM-IV and look up some craziness.
Emmy
A fascinating read, but at times rather disturbing. I finished it rather quickly, but found myself bored for long portions of chapters at various times. All in all, an interesting introduction to the topics covered, but not the best thing I've read so far.
Erin
Like a mini hand guide on the extremely disturbed. Quick, easy read. If you're ever curious about the weirdest of weird, I recommend this one.
Colleen
A few cases i hadnt heard of before. The chapter on necrophilia was creepy though . ewwwwwwww
Amy
Man, we've come a long way in our studies of mental illnesses! A good and seedy read, though.
Patricia
I love me some crazies. Then again, I love myself so much, how could I not love other crazies?
Kristie
This was a pretty interesting book, as far as required reading goes!
Ifahh
Very interesting, especially necrophilia.
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Minh
Minh is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jul 19, 2014
Melissa Bradley
Melissa Bradley marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Laura Renken
Laura Renken marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Tish
Tish marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kids Who Laugh: How to Develop Your Child S Sense of Humor روانشناسی انحرافات جنسی Kids Who Laugh Just Kidding: Using Humor Effectively Convention Survival Techniques: Practical Strategies for Getting the Most Out of Your Professional Association's Meetings