Start by marking “You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!” as Want to Read:
You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!

You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  313 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Stacy Friedman is getting ready for one of the biggest events of her young life--her bat mitzvah! All she wants is the perfect BCBG dress to wear, her friends by her side, and her biggest crush ever, Andy Goldfarb, to dance with her (and maybe give Stacy her first French kiss x2026;). But of course, things never work out quite the way you'd like them to x2026;. Her stresse ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!

Very few YA books are brave enough to tackle the drama and often emotionally deep religious rites of passage some teens must go through, and even fewer do it with sassy, smart, comedic Jewish heroines. Stacy Friedman is a reasonably likeable and potentially relatable main character. She and her friends suffer from typical girl drama—who is popular enough to be ‘cool’, having competing crushes on boys, and selecting sexy outfits that make it past their moms. However, the real story is in Stacy’s ...more
Mumbojumbo Kumumjo
Can't wait Maisonians aunt is the author!!!
Have you ever been in a huge argument and decided you weren’t going to be friends with your best friend? What if that happened right before one of the most important days of your life? Well, Stacy has experienced this. This book was about a girl named Stacy who had relationship problems with her friend Lydia. Stacy is a nice girl, but is not popular. She has a brother named Arthur and her parents are divorced. Lydia and Stacy get in a fight over a boy and “un-friend” each other right before Stac ...more
Eliana S.
You are SO not INVITED to my BAT MITZVAH! By: Fiona Rosenbloom
Is a juicy read about Stacy Friedman, an almost-thirteen year old about to be bat mitzvahed, and all the drama that goes along with it. Stacy is head over heels for Andy Goldfarb, but suddenly loses the feeling. She declares she is over him. Lydia, Stacy's BFF, hears that she is over Andy, and starts up something herself. Dante, an Italian boy who goes to school with Stacy, starts acting unusual around Stacy, which makes her start to
Ages 9+ ("hell", boycrushing)

Seventh grader Stacey Friedman is super excited about her upcoming Bar Mitzvah. If only her mom would let her wear the designer halter dress she wants. If only her dad weren't dating a plastic bimbo. If only her ten year old brother would lose some weight and stop getting beat up. And most importantly - if ONLY she had a boyfriend. In her sights: thugga wannabe Andy "G-Farb" Goldfarb. But when she catches Andy and her bff Lydia kissing, the perfect bat mitzvah looks
Karen Wu
This book was about a 13 year old girl struggling to plan for her Bat Mitzvah.

Most of the time, I could understand today's teen language. However, I totally couldn't understand the beginning of chapter 32. I guess the author was trying to integrate current teen language (or slang) into this book. I don't even know if a teen reading this book would even understand the beginning of chapter 32.

Cute book, but I am sure there are better books for teen girls who want to read about other teen girls s
Elizabeth Biernacki
Personally this has become one of my new favorite books. This book is filled with teen drama that most of us in seventh grade can relate to. I loved the fact that this was more about friendship than anything else because friendship is important. The story is just funny, uosetting, then happy, ect. There were many different moods that the author used in the book that really made it appealing to the readers. If there was anything that I had to complain about it would be NOTHING! That's a lot for a ...more
Lacey Baer
You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah was one of the best books I have ever read. This book was about a girl named Stacey and she is having her bat Mitzvah soon and she wants everything to be perfect. But everything doesn't go exactly the way she wants it to. The whole book is about Stacey and how she changes through out the book. I can connect to this book because this year is when I'm having my bat mitzvah and I want everything to be perfect. This book is for people who are in middle school ...more
The title kind of captures it all, and if you had a bat mitzvah, this book is rather frighteningly accurate -- the worrying about whether you'll look good enough to impress your crush, the competition with other girls about which boy likes you, the parents acting like they're planning for a White House state dinner, etc. On the whole, not a bad YA book -- I read it in about an hour and a half while I was waiting for my husband to get out of surgery (I read a bound galley, which is why my "date I ...more
D'andra Conyers
The book, You are so not invited to my bat mitzvah is a great book about drama friendship, and some relationships. It is a great book for teenagers because the girl in the book it now becoming a teenager. She is having teenage drama just like every other teenager alive. But don’t confuse it for an ordinary book, I would recommend this book to my friend. I got this book recommended to me by a friend and now someone else can read this great book as well. It is absolutely worth your time to read!
This book was good. It had a lot of drama in it and it really hooked me. This book is about a girl Stacy who is about to have her Bat Mitzvah. Stacey's main goal in life right now is to become more popular and be the first out of her friends to get her first kiss but when her and one of her best friends get in a terrible fight she doesn't know what to except UN invite her to her Bat Mitzvah. This book was funny and dramatic it's about friend troubles and trying to fit in.
Alyse Liebovich
I started off reading this on a Sunday morning and finished it two hours later. The language cracked me up and I found myself wishing I had written this book during my own bat-mitzvah season 16 years ago. The chapter titles alone made me giggle. There's not a whole lot to the story beyond a typical best-friend breakup over a boy, but it's a lighthearted easy read, and I really enjoyed the characters, the humor and the Jewish references.
Cute but not particularly deep, this verges into "Are You There God?" territory with Stacy's periodic missives to the Higher Power. The usual teen angst provokers: boyfriends, girlfriends, parental obtuseness, coalesce around the heroine's bat mitzvah, as she finally figures out (in the middle of her ceremony no less) what being an adult truly means.
Technically my rating would be 3.5-- but goodreads doesn't have that...I have to say, I laughed out loud when I saw the title, proceeded to look at the back, saw that all she wanted was the perfect BCBG dress, and realized that that was where I got my dress for my bat-mitzvah. It was a quick and fairly easy read, but fun anyhow.
Stacy Friedman is looking forward to the perfect bat mitzvah, with a cool dress, her friends, and her crush Andy Goldfarb kissing her her first kiss on the dance floor. Instead, her best friend steals Andy, her mom buys the ugliest dres imaginable, and she has 3 mitzvahs to perform. This will be the worst bat mitzvah ever!
This books target audience is definitely between the ages of upper elementary to middle school. Not for kids in high school. I read it for the heck of it, also I realized that I read this book when I was younger halfway through. So cliche, so practically fake and stereotypical...but it's an amusing book.
This was a fun little book that was entertaining and easy to read. The main character can be a little annoying because of her extreme lack of maturity, but the book is well-written and the younger brother adds some needed humor. There is a good message included and a happy ending.
I thought this book wa great to see how Stacy Friedman changes from a child to an adult on her bat mitzvah. But also she completed all her mitzvahs and sees that you need to sacfrifice And you don't always need a reward. I loved it and I would recommend this book.
I enjoyed this book. The story line is something I have not read before. So, it was intresting to read the book and learn about diffrent things that I did not know.

I would recommed this book to young adult readers, because this is a young adult book.
Lauren W.
I thought this book was very different from many books i have read. i think it was funny, realistic and girly. i liked how it is one of few books about bat mitzvahs. you can tell by the title that it is a funny book.
I don't remember being particularly impressed with the book when I read it for a book report project in the eighth grade. The only impact this book had on me was an enduring love for BCBG Max Azria...
I thought this book was very intresting!!... I also think it could realte to many !2 years olds or 13 year olds! The text was very clear and I guess you could say suspensful!! Great Book!
Cute story about 'tween' angst and friendship. I'm afraid it won't stand the test of time due to all the pop culture references thrown in...which is too bad. Otherwise a fun read.
My friend and I bought it as a lark. I later gave it to her for her bat mitzvah. You see, we're both Jewish, and this was quite amusing. Read it! You'll get a laugh out of it!
this was just entertaining. when i interviewed for my current position, my would-be boss asked me what book i was reading at the time. i told her it was this one. hee hee.
Jan 19, 2009 Marilyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens
Recommended to Marilyn by: Michelle
I liked it was all about friendship, loyalty, amd BOYS. Reminds you that your a teen gust like her going through difficulties but you can always count on a loyal friend.
Max Lazerwitz
It was great. A little too girly for me, but the story line was great. Considering i passed the whole bar/bat mitzvah year, it was fun to read. I give it a thumbs up!
I LOVED IT! It's really good! it's funny and there'a romance not the weird mushy romance
it was funny and really suprising!
i recomend it for people!
  • Backstage Pass
  • Queen Geeks In Love
  • Popular Vote
  • In the Space Left Behind
  • Kidnapped: His Innocent Mistress
  • Everything She Wants (The 310, #2)
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 15 (Nodame Cantabile, #15)
  • Beanball
  • The Eggnog Chronicles
  • Like a Thorn
  • Queen of Secrets
  • Roommates
  • Girls Dinner Club
  • Sylvia and Ted
  • Frost Bites (Edgar & Ellen Nodyssey, #2)
  • Lost Summer
  • Hidden
  • Love Remains
Hi. I’m Fiona and I’ve written two books that should be displayed up and to your right. No, your other right. There you go. They’re books for Young Adults and I enjoyed writing them both and wonder if I’ll ever return to Stacy Adelaide Friedman, Lydia Katz, and Kelly Mooreland.
More about Fiona Rosenbloom...