Start by marking “My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell, #1)

My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell #1)

Dear Friends and Neighbors: How did life become so complicated? One minute I'm dating the hottest man in Dallas and the next I'm back in Cedar Dell, Texas, surrounded by grannies, gossip, and green bean casserole -- and helping my dad recuperate from a car accident. Did I happen to mention that I caused a scandal in town when I got pregnant at seventeen? No one has ever fo ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published July 29th 2003 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about My Big Old Texas Heartache, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Old Texas Heartache

Miss Kim
Jul 06, 2009 Miss Kim rated it liked it
Meh. This isn’t my favorite theme, so I think that is why I didn’t enjoy this one too much. Max and Kate had an encounter when they were in high school that resulted in her getting pregnant. They decided they didn’t want to stay together, and that they would give the baby up. Of course Kate can’t give the son up when it come down to it, and Max is angry. Fast forward 17 years….

Kate’s a-hole father gets in a car wreck and needs someone to care for him while he mends. Kate’s sister is pregnant, an
Sam
Feb 11, 2012 Sam rated it liked it
This was what I call a good solid beach read, nothing over taxing but enjoyable at the time of reading. It was entertaining, though I'm not sure if anyone is actually that outright blatantly gossipy in someone's face as the townspeople are in this book.

Dawson is a first time author for me. If I come across more of her books I will pick them up.
Jennifer Akers
Apr 10, 2012 Jennifer Akers rated it liked it
An entertaining diversion. If you've spent any time in Texas, you'll enjoy the small-town Texas references.
Donna Porter
Jun 16, 2013 Donna Porter rated it really liked it
This was a good read. Sometimes, however it was a little long winded on some subjects. Mainly between Kate and her father. I really did like the romance story between Kate and Max.
Luisa
Mar 24, 2011 Luisa rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, it was entertaining, one of those lovely summer reads with soft steam, humor, cute funny pets and nice people.
Linda
When I read about Nicholas Sutherland in Ms. March's "My Big Old Texas Heartache" I just knew she was going to have to tell his story. Tess was great and kept him on his toes!
Rachel
Jan 01, 2017 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I found this story enjoyable, but found some of the characters completely unlikable.
Tanya T
Feb 11, 2016 Tanya T rated it it was ok
This is the first time i have ever read anything by this author. What could have potentially been a good storyline just was blah for me. I wanted to stop reading it, came close to giving up on the book but the author would add something to the chapter that would just start to get my interest back.......only to be disappointed.
It's the story of a woman who is shunned by her father after a one night stand as a teenager leaves her pregnant. The scandal it caused her family made her never want to re
Jenn
Feb 04, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Gym reading, aka free or cheap on the Kindle. It took me FOREVER to read this because I've been having a hard time getting to the gym lately. I was near the end and finish another book today, so I just plugged away at the last part and finished this one up.

It was okay. Better than a lot of the fluff I get free for the Kindle. Kate's father and brother are giant assholes. And there's not really a satisfactory resolution for Kate with them by the end of the book. I honestly had a hard time with Ry
Carol
Mar 25, 2016 Carol added it
One minute Kate Harmon is on a date with a Texas millionaire and the the next minute his limo is taking her home to Cedar Dell because he father has been in a serious car accident and possibly will not make it. And to make matters worse she and her father are estranged and have been for years. Now she's back in the town that turned their back on her when we got pregnant and refused to give the baby up. Life gets even more complicated when she finds her baby's father leaving less than a block awa ...more
Doreen
Sep 06, 2014 Doreen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realise until I started reading this book that it had already been published under the name of Geralyn Dawson as "My Long Tall Texas Hearthrob".

Apparently there have been a few changes to place it in a series it had been intended to be a part of. It was a little disappointing not to have a new book to read, although I did enjoy it, and my previous version was in a now-obsolete e-format. Just, be warned that this is not a new story.
Stel Jowell
May 02, 2013 Stel Jowell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
well originally i wanted to read this book and after reading that it was originally published under another name, that one I have read. I really hate it when this happens because I will read every book that an authoress or author writes but I hate it when the names are changed and i have read it and then end up with another coy of the same book. AAARRRGGGGGGG
Maggie
Oct 27, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it
I liked this book, it was a new author for me and I'm going to look her up at the library on my next visit. I would like to continue to read this series to find out what happens with Nicholas but the search on the library database shows that they don't have book 2. I don't love it enough to put on a full scale hunt but if I find book 2 at another book sale, I will certainly pick it up.
DA4Pups
aka - My Big Old Texas Heartache (Brazos Bend Book 5) [Kindle Edition]
Emily March and Family Secrets [Kindle Edition] by Christina Dodd, Emily March, Nicole Burnham

skimmed quite a bit; wished things had gone better for Kate; Max pissed me off; Kate would have been better off with Nicholas. And, let's not talk about Kate's family...
Edie
Feb 12, 2012 Edie rated it liked it
This gets bonus points because of the ending. :D
And despite my general inertia with a lot of contemporary roms, this was actually a bit interesting even though it dragged a bit and came across a little more women's fictiony than rom.
Bark's Book Nonsense
Apr 06, 2011 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Updating my "read" books. I reviewed this for All About Romance years ago. The review is archived HERE .
Mem
Jun 25, 2013 Mem rated it liked it
Small town America and the complications of family dynamics and nosey neighbors. Fun read even though the ending was expected.
Polly
Nov 04, 2012 Polly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Book two in this series. Loved it. Great strong leading characters, quirky fun supporting characters. Loved the story, loved the mystery. A really great read.
Tanisha
It was OK. Nothing new, nothing exciting.
Cindy
May 20, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-e-f
Max and Kate

I enjoyed this book about a woman with a 17 year old son meeting up with her son's father internet hometown, and dealing with past family issues.
Cindy
Jan 07, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-l-m
The Last Bachelor in Texas

I liked this book although it wasn't truly believable. It was a fun book to read with some suspense and not the ending you expect.
Lorri Sizler
Nov 22, 2009 Lorri Sizler rated it it was ok
Oh, just a plain old fun easy read. There was nothing to it but there was nothing bad about it, either. Fluff stuff - sometimes, ya just need some.
Lizz
Feb 20, 2012 Lizz rated it liked it
T'was cute and a fast read. I needed something fluffy to get me back into reading after 11/22/63 and this fit the bill.
Raina
Nov 13, 2007 Raina rated it it was ok
Just couldn't get interested in it. I'm not much of a romance reader, though.
Amanda
Sep 24, 2014 Amanda added it
Read under author name of Emily March
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2012
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
LATERS
LATERS rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2017
Emily March Fans: My Big Old Texas Heartache 14 8 Jul 06, 2016 03:48PM
  • My Long Tall Texas Heartthrob (Cedar Dell, #2)
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • Still the One
  • Sing Me Home (Love Finds a Home, #1)
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • Mending Fences
  • Blame it on Texas (Lone Star Cowboys #1)
  • Devil Moon
  • Marry Me, Maddie
  • His Wife For A While
  • Christmas at Bravo Ridge (Bravo Family, #26; Bravo Family Ties Miniseries, #9)
  • No More Lies
  • Skin Deep
Pseudonym(s): Geralyn Dawson

Emily March is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty novels, including the critically acclaimed Eternity Springs series. Publishers Weekly calls March a "master of delightful banter," and her heartwarming, emotionally charged stories have been named to Best of the Year lists by Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, and Roma
More about Emily March...

Cedar Dell (2 books)
  • My Long Tall Texas Heartthrob (Cedar Dell, #2)