Start by marking “Let's Hear It for the Girls: 375 Great Books for Readers 2-14” as Want to Read:
Let's Hear It for the Girls: 375 Great Books for Readers 2-14

Let's Hear It for the Girls: 375 Great Books for Readers 2-14

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"Bravo! They've given adults and young girls a much-needed treasure map of heroines and 'she-roes'...It blazes an important path in the forest of children's literature."—Jim Trelease.
Published March 1st 1997 by Penguin Books (first published February 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Hear It for the Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Hear It for the Girls

Peggy
I found this book when my daughter was 3 or 4 years old. It served as the ultimate guidebook for her early reading years. Not only did the book lead me back to childhood favorites, all with most inspiring heroines, but introduced me to classics I'd missed liked "Understanding Betsy." Whenever a friend had a daughter I'd give them the book as a gift. When I met the author at a school event; it was as though I'd met my hero, or should I say heroine?
Helene
A great resource for finding books with strong, independent female lead characters. It is copyrighted 1997 - I would love to find another, more recent book like this. I have found so many wonderful books for my daughter, from beautifully illustrated short stories and folktales to novels. Her TBR list is growing as fast as mine!
Amy
I definitley found books I'm planning to try (pre-reading for my girls). Caveat - they should be closely considered as some contained mature/sensitive topics that should be discussed vs. just turning your child loose on them. A lot of ethnic/cultural/religious inclusions as well.
Christine
I have already read many of the books listed in here but I have found some new gems as well. This is a definite must have source book for great books for girls.
Melissa
I like reading lists of books and getting ideas for what to read next. I'd never read one just for girls.
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Swiftyjess
Swiftyjess marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Janna
Janna marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Brittany Ross
Brittany Ross marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Corey
Corey marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Tracy Dickson
Tracy Dickson marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Tina Bondy
Tina Bondy marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Buddy
Buddy marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Melanie Brittingham
Melanie Brittingham marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Mary Stephanos
Mary Stephanos marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Erica Bauermeister is the bestselling author of the novel The School of Essential Ingredients and the upcoming novel Joy For Beginners (June 9, 2011). The School of Essential Ingredients is currently being published in 22 countries and Joy For Beginners was recently selected to be performed as part of the New Short Fiction Series in Los Angeles (June 12, 2011). Erica Bauermeister received a B.A. f ...more
More about Erica Bauermeister...
The School of Essential Ingredients Joy for Beginners The Lost Art of Mixing 500 Great Books By Women A Year of the Unexpected