Start by marking “Crazy Like A Fox (Louisiana) (Born in the USA)” as Want to Read:
Crazy Like A Fox  (Louisiana) (Born in the USA)

Crazy Like A Fox (Louisiana) (Born in the USA)

Margaret Jaffrey is a young widow who moves in with her dead husband's eccentric family so her nine-year-old daughter can have a better life. Soon Margaret finds herself seduced by the atmosphere, the slower pace and Peter Andrew Jaffrey, the cousin of her deceased husband.
Published November 1st 1997 by harlequin (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Like A Fox (Louisiana), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Like A Fox (Louisiana)

Ana T.
Feb 07, 2008 Ana T. rated it really liked it
I’m still rediscovering some of Anne Stuart’s older books and this time I read “Crazy Like a Fox”.

Residing in the attic of the Delacroix family mansion, Peter Andrew Delacroix Jaffrey exerted a powerful fascination on his cousin’s widow.

Margaret Jaffrey had been warned not to trust Peter, that his sad smile hid a dangerous past.

But Margaret had to learn the truth for herself. Was it reckless fantasy that dreamed she could have what was hopelessly out of reach?

Or love’s intuition that drew her to
Lord Rose
I adore Anne Stuart's heroes, especially the slightly crazy ones. (Even if they're faking it.) The heroine was bit annoying, though, in particular with her continued running from and distrust of the hero. Yes, she has a daughter to take care of, but as a reader, it's rather frustrating if the heroine still can't trust the hero even near the very end of the book. This might be influenced by the fact that I know the hero's wonderful, since I can see his thoughts, but it was still annoying.

The vill
April Brookshire
May 12, 2013 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Whenever I read an Anne Stuart book, I hope for insanity and with a title of "Crazy Like A Fox," I couldn't resist.

The setup was interesting. A young widow is facing homelessness with her nine-year-old daughter and turns to the only place she can: Her bastard husband's neurotic family.

But to be honest, this book just wasn't quirky enough for me (but they can't all be Hand In Glove). The most disturbing thing in the book was the social acceptance of kissing cousins. Um, gross. This book takes pl
moi
Oh, this is one of the earlier books I have read. Anne Stuart is just a splendid author. love her works and this is no exception..

I don't know what draws me to this story. The mystery and suspense you you on edge till the end. Both the leads Peter and Margaret are well written.

Peter was just amazing, unpredictable, crazy, intelligent and hot.. He also scared the Shit out of me with his unpredictable nature.

I liked them both and especially the time they spent in New Orleans street celebrating Ma
Linda Pinda
Linda Pinda rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Maccionoadha
Maccionoadha rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2008
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Shelley
Shelley rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2010
Rebecca Johnson
Rebecca Johnson rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Sahara
Sahara rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Jenny Schwartzberg
Jenny Schwartzberg rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Koalathebear
Koalathebear rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2012
K Huebner
K Huebner rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Debbie Reynolds
Debbie Reynolds rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2008
Purist
Purist rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Darlene Lane
Darlene Lane rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2013
Tanisha
Oct 09, 2015 Tanisha rated it really liked it
A very different and a refreshing story..!!!
Loved it :)
IceHouseLizzie
IceHouseLizzie rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Liesl
Liesl rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2010
Annette McIntyre
Annette McIntyre rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2011
. rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2014
Mcvane
Mcvane rated it it was ok
May 06, 2011
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2007
Yirong
Yirong rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2012
Stephanie  allen
Stephanie allen rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
AgentScully
AgentScully rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2009
Ellya
Ellya rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Night World: Ash and Mary-Lynnette: Those Who Favor Fire (Night World, Extras)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #3)
  • Mistress to the Tycoon
  • Blame It On Cupid
  • The Seductive One (Marcelli, #3)
  • Beau Crusoe
  • Lightning That Lingers
  • Just One Taste (Recipe for Love #3)
  • Second Wife
  • A Rogue in Texas (Rogues in Texas, #1)
  • Loving Jenny
  • Love Conspiracy
  • All Through the Night (Royal Agents #2)
  • Nomeolvides
  • Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
  • Lo que dure la eternidad
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus
More about Anne Stuart...