Start by marking “Tags, Whose Life Is It Anyway?” as Want to Read:
Tags, Whose Life Is It Anyway?

Tags, Whose Life Is It Anyway?

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  317 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Ken Harrison, is a successful sculptor with a beautiful girlfriend and everything to live for until a car wreck leaves him paralyzed for life, with no hope of physical recovery. When this charming, witty, angry young man chooses to die his doctors and nurses are determined that he must continue to live.
Published 2000 by Cornelsen (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Tags, Whose Life Is It Anyway?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tags, Whose Life Is It Anyway?

Denise Lancaster
Tengo un problema con el final.
Mejor dicho, con el final que tiene el protagonista.
Dejarlo morir dignamente hubiese sido lo ideal. Suicidio asistido o eutanasia, pero sin que sufra.
El final es triste. El protagonista obtiene lo que desea, pero... el modo al que va a llegar a eso, es correcto? Personalmente me parece cruel e inhumano, simplemente dejarlo morir, al dejar de alimentarlo y tratarlo. Es una muerta lenta y dolorosa.
A lo largo de entre 3-6 días, el tipo iba a sufrir y a sentir el hamb
Farzane Fahimian
نمایشنامه ی تکان دهنده ای بود. به شدت تحت تاثیر شخصیت کن هریسن قرار گرفتم. واقعا وقتی نمیشه زندگی کرد، تلاش برای حفظ توهمی به نام زندگی زیر پا گذاشتن حرمت انسانه و ظالمانه س.
Mariam Maarouf
WLIA is a classic play, all about the conflict between professionalism and the right to decide for one's self. Ken Harrison is paralyzed for life, with no hope of physical recovery. In an attempt to keep what's left of his dignity, and protect his loved ones from a fate of misery, imprisoned by sympathy for him, he decides to end his life. Everyone around him in the hospital tries their best to stop him, but for the intelligent person he is, they can't stand a chance in an argument.
All in all,
Realini
Whose Life is It Anyway? By Brian Clark
An extraordinary, overwhelming story
Translated as A Cui e Viata Asta in Definitiv

This is a sad tale about euthanasia and the fight of one brave man for his free choice of destiny and his right to die.
From the start, we learn that the hero-Mr. Harrison is paralyzed, following a terrible car crash in which he fractured ribs and injured his spine.
The patient used to be a professor and a sculptor and feels that a life in which he is unable to move his limbs is
John
Central character, Ken Harrison, is a successful sculptor with a beautiful girlfriend. After seeing one of his own pieces erected as a public work of art, he is involved in a car wreck. He wakes up in hospital, to find himself paralyzed from the neck down.
As the months drag by, he becomes psychologically tortured. He is after all an intelligent and creative artist, whose passion and self-expression comes through working with his hands. Above all else, he lives to sculpt. Now that ability and fr
Ramtin
کن هریسن ، مجسمه ساز و استاد دانشگاه در پی یک سانحه رانندگی برای همیشه فلج می شود . وضعیت جسمانی درمان ناپذیرش چنان است که او تصمیم میگیرد بمیرد. مبارزه او برای به دست آوردن حق مرگ، به موضوع نمایشنامه پر قدرتی بدل میشود که مسایل بسیار مهمی را در زمینه حرمت انسانی و حوزه اخلاق مطرح میکند. بالاخره این زندگی مال کیه؟ نمایشنامه ی تکان دهنده ای است هم شوخ طبعانه و هم شفقت آمیز- تفکر برانگيز و خواندنی
Yifei Men
An engaging quick read, full of wit, humor and thoughtful conversations about the serious issue of life (and death).
Sophia
I was mandated to read this for Ethics as part of the right to life unit.

I suppose part of my frustration comes from Ken's whole character, who is 'witty' to the point of absolute frustration, and is better summarized as a literal pest asking its oppressor to just kill it already.

I don't know many cases of assisted suicide where the suicidal person would be as mentally sound as Ken - who might simply be a nihilist all along.

It's a fast read, but it doesn't really answer the issue so much as pre
Annleyg Hansen
this one really makes you think
Narges
Nov 24, 2014 Narges marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
great
Alisha
Had to read this, write an extended gap scene and act out the scene for English year 10.
I actually really enjoyed it!!

I loved the humour throughout and the innuendos too!! I just loved Ken as a character; although depressed about his situation, he was quite quirky/cheeky.

It has a powerful message which really makes you think about life and what it means for those who are irreparably disabled.
Tanya
I was cast as Sister Anderson in our school production of this. It's a good play, thought-provoking, very naturalistic. I think it can be a bit slow-paced throughout but I liked it. There're some emotional monologues in this.
Tiffany Sebastian
I love this book so much! I was given to read this book for 'o' lvels literature. Its well written and witty. Keep you on your feet and makes you pick a side. Makes you judge on your values. A MUST READ!
Paula
Great play about who should decided how a patient lives, the patient or the doctor? Written with warmth and truth that humorously explores this question.
Bobby Sullivan
Never heard of this play, until I read it. What a pleasant surprise. Fully fleshed-out characters, and a well-argued conflict between life and death.
Charlotte
Even though I didn't always get the humour, it was quite nice and I must say that it really gives food for thoughts.
abigail judith adair
one of the most powerful plays I've ever read

(or been in)
Shannon
School based story....
Shubha
School play in 10th grade.
Spam Goodreads
Spam Goodreads marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
  • Beautiful Thing Drama Version
  • Oklahoma!
  • Democracy
  • Shirley Valentine
  • Love! Valour! Compassion!
  • Sleuth: A Play
  • Seascape
  • Les Liaisons Dangereuses
  • The Pirates of Penzance
  • A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Brian Clark is a British playwright and television writer, best known for his play Whose Life Is It Anyway?, which he later adapted into a screenplay.
More about Brian Clark...
84 Charing Cross Road / The Petition (BBC Radio Collection) Celestial Tarot Copywriting 101: How to Craft Compelling Copy The Petition The Sibling Constellation