Start by marking “Husband for Real” as Want to Read:
Husband for Real

Husband for Real

Wedded for convenience... or married for real?

Rose was shocked when James turned up... long after their wedding of convenience. She'd loved James when they'd hastily married, and she'd fought hard to put their subsequent -- and just as hasty -- separation behind her.

After all these years, Rose never expected James to arrive in person to tell her that he wasn't prepared to
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2225, 187 pages
Published January 2002 by Harlequin Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Husband for Real, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Husband for Real

willaful
It’s hard to pull off a romance in which a couple have a fight, separate for years and then find themselves getting back together when one finally asks for a divorce: they’re usually too implausible, too sad, or both. This is one of the good ones -- in fact, in basic plot outline it’s quite similar to Private Arrangements, the all time great of this trope.

Rose and James fell in love in college, a relationship cunningly brought about by Rose’s friends as a joke. But it was no joking matter when
Mareli
Sep 13, 2011 Mareli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked it yesterday night and I was up till 2 in the morning to finish it.
I liked both of them but as usual I'm more into h. I love her independence as adult as I love her insecurities as a girl, trying to make the aloof hero fall in love with her.
The book had a lot of flashbacks, I totally loved them. I love the fact they were giving a different perspective because they were in the past. I liked that they circumstances of their breaking up was in the past because I was given her point of view
Lakshmi C
Dec 20, 2016 Lakshmi C rated it liked it
3.7 Stars

This was a sweet, second chance romance between James and Rose. They met in college and are an estranged couple now. Their courtship is shown through a flashback and it portrays young love well. But James is furious when he learns that Rose dated him as part of an experiment.
Rose and her friends sketch out an experiment to make guys fall in love with them. What starts out as a harmless experiment turns into a serious relationship.
Rose is forced to contact James when she decides she need
Vanessa
Sep 26, 2011 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Ten years ago Rose played a game w/ James Sinclair, a game where the young 18 year old endeavored to make James Sinclair fall in love w/ her. She began her game and played it well because soon James fell in love w/ the younger girl.

James was a serious student who didn’t really go out w/ the girls at school and Rose didn’t want their relationship to become public. This bothered James even though she told him she didn’t want to have everyone there speculating on what they were doing and making be
EeeJay
Sep 19, 2011 EeeJay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was lovely in the beginning if only cuz I love the name Sinclair (cuz one of my most fave hero's named that: (Etienne SinClaire - Anna & The French Kiss ))
Also the young-adult portion was well-written.CG can definitely write young-adult novels.

It got confusing in the end for me though - what with the 'oh, actually I wanted revenge' from James. That was weird.
Leona
Jun 01, 2012 Leona rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
Rose and James fell in love while in college. He is four years older and a dashing heartthrob on campus. Rose is a sweet innocent 18 year old with a super big crush on James. She lives with two other roommates. One night they select a man's name out of a hat and dare each other to get that man to fall in love with them. Supposedly this was some kind of scientific project. Of course, Rose picks James and her friends set out to coach her on how she can get good ole' James to notice her and fall in ...more
⚓ Basil ⚓
Oct 27, 2014 ⚓ Basil ⚓ rated it it was ok
Shelves: scribd, hp
sbf20112011
Aug 07, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I LOVE stories where the heroine actually wronged the hero in the past rather than just having a misunderstanding where the hero erroneously thinks she did something wrong. I like seeing a hero who loves the heroine in spite of her flaws, rather than one who waits until the heroine is exonerated to profess his love. So I thought the set-up of this one was good.

What I didn't like was the 10-year separation. The hero gave up too easily and it didn't sit well with me -- wouldn't he try a
Booklover
Wonderful Emotional Read,it had me glued from start till the end.The first thing that had me glued was Rose was the trouble maker here,have read so many books where Hero is the trouble maker,this was a nice change

I really liked the way we are shown how both James-Rose grew over the years,they both are now more mature,whatever happened instead of jumping to conclusions they talk it out and face the past together,both still loved each other but cause of whatever happened there's lack of trust,past
Desirée
Feb 11, 2017 Desirée rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporanea
Leído el 13/04/2010
Lenore Kosinski
3.5 stars -- enjoyed the fact that it was a little bit different with the mix of present day and past...and that James and Rose were unique characters. But the constant anger and animosity between them was kind of a put off...
Carmela
May 30, 2013 Carmela rated it really liked it
cute i really love this romance...yes i believe that if you love someone in a way so strong, like Rose loves James, you will never forget also if there are some understading or problem..you heart will always beloved to this person..
Jonita
Jonita rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2017
Gigi
Gigi rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2015
Marajean
Marajean rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2011
Zainab
Zainab rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Udita Arya
Udita Arya rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2013
MissKitty
MissKitty rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Malika
Malika rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2013
Mirabela Maria
Mirabela Maria rated it did not like it
Nov 18, 2012
Joseline
Joseline rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Kristina Tan
Kristina Tan rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Soobie
Soobie rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Saaam
Saaam rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2017
Thelma
Thelma rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Robyn
Robyn rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2009
Constance Thompson
Constance Thompson rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Laura Mccann
Laura Mccann rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Catherine George was born in a village on the Welsh-English border, where the public library featured largely in her life. Her mother, who looked upon literature as a basic necessity of life, fervently encouraged Catherine's passion for reading, little knowing it would one day motivate her daughter into writing her first novel.

At 18, Catherine met a future Engineer, who had set in a pendant a gold
More about Catherine George...