Start by marking “Bread, Bread, Bread” as Want to Read:
Bread, Bread, Bread

Bread, Bread, Bread

Bread is a food enjoyed by people in all parts of the world. Its many shapes, sizes, textures, and colors are as varied as the people who eat it. This photographic round-the-world tour provides a glimpse into the rich variety of world cultures, as well as an informative look at an important food that everyone agrees is as necessary as water and air.

Supports the Common Core
Published May 21st 1993 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Bread, Bread, Bread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bread, Bread, Bread

Charmaine
Jul 22, 2016 Charmaine rated it really liked it
The book Bread Bread Bread is a book that informs students of different types of bread in the world. Bread Bread Bread is used as another method of teaching and displaying diversity amongst people. The simple repetition of rhyming words can help build fluency with students. I would have the story in my classroom library for students to practice reading on their own.
Inge
Jul 27, 2016 Inge rated it it was amazing
A perfectly simple little book with great and varied representation.
Anna Lacina
Oct 11, 2016 Anna Lacina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: julian
Although not gluten free, this book has lovely photos of children and people around the world. Julian loves this book and we read it every night for a while.
Elijah Adams
Jul 04, 2016 Elijah Adams rated it liked it
Bread, Bread, Bread by Ann Morris is an informational book about the many different types of bread enjoyed all over the world. The book details various types of bread from the standard white, sliced bread often eaten in the United States to Pita bread in Israel. Morris compiles a list of different breads that helps teach children not only the similarities of different cultures, but also what sets them apart from each other. Bread is a food that has been enjoyed by nearly every culture that has i ...more
Eileen Goedert
Jun 08, 2014 Eileen Goedert rated it really liked it
BREAD, BREAD, BREAD is a touching picture of the world and how we are all connected, even if we look, dress and cook differently. Author Ann Morris’s simple text about breads cooked and eaten around the world is supported by Ken Heyman’s realistic, modern photography of people in the everyday acts of shopping, cooking and breaking bread. Young listeners/readers are drawn in by the photos of diverse urban and rural settings and people that at once introduce them to different worlds and remind you ...more
Erina Jeon
Oct 27, 2014 Erina Jeon rated it it was amazing
This book was one of my favorite books to read and I think it would be an excellent book for children as well. It contains accurate pictures that display photos of people from around the world with their different types of bread. It gives children a chance to have a glimpse at what it is like to live in other parts of the world by looking at their food, specifically bread. It is so important that children understand that everyone is different and to acknowledge our differences without any bias. ...more
Liz Strode
This informational text shares the diversity and abundance of bread all around the world. The photographs provide as much, or more, information than the words on the page. It is hard to find informational books for preschool and primary level students that contain photographs -- so I see Bread, Bread, Bread as an assit to any preK or primary classroom.

There are many instructional uses for this text. I might introduce it with some sort of essential question, such as, "How are people all over the
Natalia Leston
Jun 30, 2015 Natalia Leston rated it it was amazing
Text Set Book #1

This timeless text is great for introducing the text set on bread. It is filled with colorful photographs of people and families making bread, all around the world. The text is accessible to students, as it is not heavy with words, but rather provides students with a glance into other communities and the role of bread around the world. This book can be paired with a KWL chart, to begin the text set. Students can tell about what they know about bread, their experiences with bread,
Jan 22, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
Even though some of the pictures might be a bit dated, since this book was published in 1993, I enjoyed Bread, Bread, Bread, especially the bread index at the back that gives a little bit of information about the different types of bread from around the world. Although I'm sometimes wary of books that try to teach diversity solely by sameness, I didn't mind Bread, Bread, Bread because it showed that, not only are people around the world similar (since people from all around the world eat bread), ...more
RLL22016_Sandra Trujillo
This book Bread Bread Bread by Ann Morris is about a book of breads from all over the world. It is interesting to learn about what other bread culturals eat. Children really enjoy this book because they like to look at the illustrations and talk about the bread they experience eating at home. After reading it to my students some said they want to try baking bread for a Food Experience at school. I displayed the book out in the dramatic play area and some children looked at the book pretending to ...more
Cassie Paries
Feb 04, 2015 Cassie Paries rated it really liked it
Shelves: social-studies
Bread Bread Bread is a great story that teaches children how people around the world use bread. It is neat because if shows how we all have something in common and our world is commonly knitted together with bread. It also shows that everyone is different and even though we like the same thing it is used differently. This is a good book for teaching children how to appreciate and understand different cultures. It is also a good book for teaching about similarities and differences.
Victoria Matthews
I really enjoyed this very simple book. It shows photographs that have a common theme, bread. Many cultures have bread as one of their staple items to eat. This story gives examples of the types of breads that exist in different countries. There are pictures of people enjoying different types of bread. This is a great book to use for Social Studies. There are many topics that can be discussed using this book.
Hoang Shin
Apr 07, 2014 Hoang Shin rated it really liked it
I am a lover of bread, so I really enjoyed seeing the different varieties of bread that are enjoyed around the world. Although this book is about bread, it also shows different types of people and places that exists around the world. It's a great book to use in your classroom when you're teaching about different cultures. It's also really nice for students to see books in the classroom that reflect and represent cultures that are familiar their own.
Ashley Whiteley
Feb 12, 2014 Ashley Whiteley rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It first caught my attention because of the title. I love bread! It is interesting to hear about all the different food that is eaten all around the world. The pictures are real which it super cool! In the back it shows where all the bread in the pictures are from. They literally all over the world to get the pictures. They go from places like the United States to Israel and Greece. Really great!
Kalee
Oct 14, 2014 Kalee rated it liked it
This book has a good sense of culture to it and does it in a way that can make it applicable to children. The whole book is about bread in different countries and cultures and how they make it and eat it. It is not a very exciting book to read but can be educational especially if you are ever teaching about bread or cultures.
Julie Suzanne
Jul 20, 2011 Julie Suzanne rated it liked it
Shelves: uu, picture-books
It would be a good book to have on hand during the Bread Communion at church, or during that whole month. The text is ultra-simple (made for preschoolers) and is primarily comprised of photographs of people (from many cultures) eating many types of bread. I liked how the appendix gives more information about each photo and the type of bread featured.
Bryonna Potter
Apr 02, 2014 Bryonna Potter rated it liked it
Shelves: food, nonfiction
The diversity in this book is something that can't be described in works, it is amazing. I feel like there are so many vocab words that you could pull out. I would use this book when learning about different cultures around the world
Kristen
I love Ann Morris' non-fiction. Like "Hats, Hats, Hats" and "Shoes, Shoes, Shoes", this picture book filled with great photos shows how people all around the world are so much alike. Great to share this one and bake bread with little ones.
Chanita Zimmerman
Apr 01, 2014 Chanita Zimmerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I think this is a very good book. It taught me how bread is so multi culture. I would have this book for so many different reasons.

I would keep this book for multi culture purposes. This is great for Dramatic play. I would also have this book in the science area.
Ashley Correll
Mar 23, 2010 Ashley Correll rated it liked it
This book has great photographs from too many countries to list, but some include Peru, Ghana, England, Indonesia, France, Portugal, and Greece. Each photo shows how people aroudn the world eat bread. A good kindergarten reader can read this book by herself or it is great for a readaloud.
Hillary
Dec 16, 2014 Hillary rated it really liked it
Shelves: english-355
This book will not only have you craving bread, but it's just begging for an extension activity! It's also a great way to show similarities/differences in cultures.
Heather Edrington
Jun 13, 2012 Heather Edrington rated it liked it
Shelves: informational
This would be a good book for younger children. It talks about foods that are made from bread, types of bread and places you can get bread. Would be good for a food unit.
Tonya
Mar 06, 2014 Tonya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february
I loved the photography in this book! It was a great story, I love the representation of all the different cultures. It is a great story and perfect for kids because it has pictures of real people.
Shannon
Jul 27, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
So good! Even though the pictures are old, I still like it! Bread is everywhere! Can't wait to use this in our Farm to Table / plant unit!
Kendra
Apr 24, 2012 Kendra rated it it was amazing
The book has an index showing the different pictures and what countries they come from. Great to teach multi-culturalism and where different breads come from.
Bailey
This is a book about how bread is made all around the world. Great story to share with your students when talking about what people eat around the world and the differences.
Emily Augustus --Louisville KY
Mar 18, 2013 Emily Augustus --Louisville KY rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diversity
This book has awesome real-life pictures that help children see diversity in foods (bread) throughout the world. It also introduces various words that describe breads.
Juliet
Nov 18, 2015 Juliet rated it liked it
Shelves: 03-informational
Basically, it's about bread :) The pictures are fun as they go through all the different kinds of bread.
Kaitlyn
Oct 02, 2008 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Every country has its own type of bread unique to it and children can relate and see different cultures.
Shaeley Santiago
Dec 25, 2014 Shaeley Santiago rated it really liked it
A fun book about bread from around the world. Somewhat dated now, but between the pictures and the additional info in the appendix, a good read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »