Start by marking “After Image (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #7)” as Want to Read:
After Image (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #7)

After Image (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2 #7)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  270 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A mysterious stranger has designs on Sunnydale as the town prepares for an all-night season of horror films at the Drive-in and that is when things get very weird indeed. A werewold evaporates like a ghost before Buffy's eyes and a sleeping sickness begins to sweep over the town.
Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Published January 24th 2006 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about After Image, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Image

Octavia Cade
Slightly too lengthy but otherwise interesting enough Buffy outing. I've never much cared for Jonathan (and still don't, after reading this), but I really did enjoy the way that Cordelia was presented here: as someone who has useful information, and a source of intelligence as well as snark.

The petty petty thing that is knocking this down from a three star read, for me, is the irritation of a single paragraph: one that claims that science and the scientific method date back to the Renaissance. I
Julianne
In this book, Willow has a fibre optic cable going into her bedroom to provide her with high-speed internet access. It's set in Season 2, i.e. 1997.

In 1997, nobody had fibre-optic cable broadband.
Barely anybody has it now, in 2008!
ARGH!

This technological historical inaccuracy really bugged me. Otherwise it was a decent Buffy tie-in. Battle scene seemed a bit short. Willow kept wanting to do magic and people kept telling her she wasn't ready, which jarred too. Some of the dialogue didn't seem com
MaryAnn
Oct 29, 2008 MaryAnn rated it liked it
My Book Group is reading Vampire Stories for November. Many members are big Buffy fans while I have never quite caught on to enthusiasm. So I am giving Buffy a try.

I enjoyed this book despite the fact that I wasn't sure about something so popular from television. I did feel at a disadvantage though for not having the back story of which this book was the newest episode. Some of the characters were not clear to me and I never did quite understand the villian and what his particular evil/special p
Ceejay
May 06, 2015 Ceejay rated it liked it
Another enjoyable Buffy novel featuring the "Scooby" gang! It's not the best Buffy book ever written, but the story is interesting and keeps you reading. Even Buffy's Mom makes an appearance. I miss the series (and Angel, too) so it's fun to read the various books based on the Buffy universe. If you miss Buffy, too, then here's another readable adventure.
Randy Holmberg
Jul 30, 2011 Randy Holmberg rated it liked it
eh the book is okay but lets be honest there have been better ones. if you want a good buffy book i would recommend queen of the slayers. this one seemed to just run out of time so the ending was cut wayyyy tooo short!
Christopher Dodds
Jul 09, 2014 Christopher Dodds rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book it seemed like an episode of the series. The character's were fleshed out well and the plot was well thought off with some interesting fights, humour and character development.
Amanda
May 28, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
This was not one of my favorite Buffy novels, but it was still fairly entertaining. Just took me a bit longer to get through it than usual because it drags a bit toward the middle. Overall, I like the concept, so it's worth reading if you're a die-hard fan of the show.
Tia
Mar 03, 2008 Tia rated it it was ok
Shelves: fandom, fiction
Weak story.
Becca Benson
Becca Benson rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2011
Carrie Cook
Carrie Cook rated it it was ok
May 12, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2008
Tiffany Baker
Awesome!!!
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Vivian
Vivian rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Stephen Collins
Stephen Collins rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2016
Jan van Es
Jan van Es rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2011
Jim
Jim rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2013
Denise Stana
Denise Stana rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Brittney Gugliemini
Brittney Gugliemini rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Becky Simister
Becky Simister rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Jeannine
Jeannine rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2014
Sara McCain
Sara McCain rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2015
Juan Rodriguez
Juan Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Jonae Hale
Jonae Hale rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Ruth Binns
Ruth Binns rated it liked it
May 10, 2015
Vicky
Vicky rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2011
Cat
Cat rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2014
Ruby
Ruby rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Lauren Rachel
Lauren Rachel rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2015
  • Heat (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #5; Angel: Season 4-5, #3)
  • Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)
  • Dark Congress (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #8)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
  • Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #6)
  • The Deathless (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #7)
  • Mortal Fear (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #3)
  • Revenant (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #11)
  • Little Things (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #4)
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • Tempted Champions (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #3)
As a young man, Mr. Askegren took part in his parents high-wire circus act until an accident stopped that career for him at age 11. He acquired a love of comic books and of writing in general, which he turned into a profession. In addition to the Alias book, he wrote several books based on comic book series such as Spider-Man and Iron Man. He died of a heart attack at age 51.
More about Pierce Askegren...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2 (10 books)
  • Keep Me in Mind (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #1)
  • The Suicide King (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #2)
  • Colony (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #3)
  • Night Terrors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #4)
  • Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)
  • Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #6)
  • Carnival of Souls (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #8)
  • Go Ask Malice: A Slayer's Diary (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #9)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)