Start by marking “Eliza's Awakening” as Want to Read:
Eliza's Awakening

Eliza's Awakening

2.79 of 5 stars 2.79  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  19 reviews
It is the eve of the Longest Night. Eliza Baker and the rest of Lord Jayden's servants excitedly prepare for the lavish festival as their masters enjoy a head start on the debauchery that awaits. Eliza's madly in love with Kell, a sweet, deliciously sexy guard. Kell returns her feelings, but is striving to make himself a worthy man before he asks Eliza's father for permiss ...more
Published July 23rd 2012 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eliza's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eliza's Awakening

A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLeanA Night Like This by Julia QuinnThief of Shadows by Elizabeth HoytThe Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer AshleyA Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare
2012 Historical Romance Novels
196th out of 262 books — 645 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe Duke and I by Julia QuinnAlmost Heaven by Judith McNaughtThe Bride by Julie Garwood
My Favorite Romance Authors
450th out of 918 books — 674 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jun 11, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotic Romance fans
Grade: C or 3 stars…Spicy story! Not for the faint of heart!

Very hot read! This steamy historical romance novella is light on the romance, but heavy on the erotic content. It may push some people past their comfort zone, but the ungentle reader will appreciate the high steam factor.

The Story
Each year, on the eve of the winter solstice, a sacrifice is given to the God of the Woods to provide protection from the Demon of Winter. The Longest Night is celebrated with feasts, dancing, and costumes.
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I hated this book. When I finished reading it, I felt gross. I was angry and... disappointed that somewhere out there in Booklandia, there are people who still find rape to be sexy. Because that's what this book is about: the rape of a woman by three people in front of a crowd. And it's supposed to be titillating. It's supposed to make me hot. And all I want to do is set fire to it.

The blurb sounded kind of interesting to me. Usually, I like to explain a book in my own words, but here, I'm going
Between the Bind
Originally posted on Between the Bind

The blurb explains exactly what occurs in this book - however I'm going to give you a bit of the nitty to prepare you if you so choose to read it. Eliza's Awakening is most definitely erotic - and even with its issues, it stayed pretty darn steamy throughout. If you are uncomfortable with menagé and damn-near rape scenes you may not want to read any further.

When I saw this book on NetGalley, I was interested right away. It looked like a quick steamy read with
Tammy
4 stars! A short fast paced, very erotic read!

Warning: This novella contains dubious consent, so if that is not your cup of tea, I would suggest passing on this one.

This was a very quick read, with a very hot, nicely drawn out scene. The events unfold in a seamless manner, giving the characters a quick background, and the lore plenty of description. I would have liked the spicier parts to have begun sooner in the tale, yet it was still artfully done. And very, very hot!

This is my first Zaide Bi
Catherine Grant
ELIZA'S AWAKENING is a short novelette that I flew through before bed. I was pulled into the story right away and it kept my attention right up until the end. Great descriptions, dialogue and back story to the characters. My only objection was that the end is a bit too neatly wrapped up, I would have liked to see some more complex emotions from Eliza regarding Kell, but I also understand the reason for the ending as-is.

The sex in the story, most notably the scene where Eliza is deflowered, is no
Farrah
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

I really wanted to like Eliza's Awakening. But I couldn't. The premise sounded so promising, but I ending up not liking it at all.

First, let me say that there was a positive. The atmosphere the author created was flawless. The sensual feel permeated throughout the story. It was truly brilliant.

But, unfortunately, that's where the good ends.

The summary says that Eliza had to sacrifice her virginity in the ceremony. Th
Evie

This falls within my short and steamy bed time reading category.

Eliza is part of the help in Lord Kempsly's household. But what sets her apart from the rest is that she's a beauty. Too bad her birth didn't do any better for her.

She's ecstatic at all the commotion for the ritual that takes place on the Longest Night. She knows servants aren't allowed to see what transpires behind closed doors, but that doesn't take away from her, her curiosity about the wicked acts that may ensue. She
Livvy
Find this review and more here at my blog

Very mixed opinions on this one. I felt at times we were bordering on something epic and then at other moments I had to cringe at the use of language. I understand that this is a piece of erotica, but profanities are not required to make something sexy, nor is the word “arse” in my opinion. It makes me cringe. However that is my own pet hate and not something that should discolour the view of this tale.

I felt this was much more descriptive than previous C
Vox
This little novella tries its best to pack some hot sexy times into its limited pages, and it succeeds. What's missing, however, is a believable plot.

It is the night before the summer solstice, AKA The Longest Night, and Eliza is busy helping Lord and Lady Kempsley prepare for their annual party. Each year, the Kempsleys pride themselves on shocking their guests, and this year will be no different. Eliza nurses a burning yearning for Kell, a sort of guard-slash-footman, and he for her. Alas, Eli
Stephanie Collins
This was a hard one to rate/review... I gave it a 2 because the author shows some promise but I have to agree with another reviewer that found the actual scene with her loss of virginity discomforting to say the least. I believe if we had been able to see a bigger picture then this might not have been so shocking and stark but in this short format it just left a huge feeling of discomfort.

I would like to see a longer treatment done by this author as I think some of her imagery and thought proces
Claudine
A very quick read, would I personally purchase this story outright - No.... thank you Netgalley and Carina Press for the opportunity to read this descriptive brief story of a sacrificial virginal offering with a hint of infamous debauchery of "Hellfire" clubbish meeting of ranking Lords and Ladies all in the celebration of the longest night to keep the Demon of Winter at bay. An offering must be made during the festival, Eliza a serving girl in service to Lord and Lady Kempsly. A guest to the fe ...more
Emmy
This novella is short at 15,000 words and thank goodness for that. I thought it was baaaaad. The premise was kinda cool with the pagan sacrifice angle but let me tell you where I think it failed miserably...

We don't have a specific date when this takes place but we can guess that it's historical. There are pagan festivals and Lords and servants etc. The vernacular at the beginning starts more formal but doesn't last long. The speech pattern goes back and forth between prim and proper of a time l
Rebecca A. Rogers
I thought I'd read this awesome, sensual tale about a girl who offered her "maidenhood" to the guy she's in love with, so they can pacify the Demon of Winter or whatever. What I got was a girl who was taken in front of a crowd, exposed, humiliated, and then raped.

I have to say... I almost stopped reading when a grandma from the crowd presented herself to "please" Eliza at the beginning of the ceremony. Pretty freaking gross, if you ask me. *shudders*

Meanwhile, the guy Eliza is in love with is
Melanie Fair
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC of "Eliza's Awakening".
So, this was my first erotica story, so it's very hard to base it off of anything. I would imagine that erotica authors have a thesaurus handcuffed to their wrist; there were definitely plenty of metaphors and similes and synonyms and all other manners of ways of speech to describe the same body part doing the same thing.
It was a cute plot, though I could understand if some didn't like how neat and tidy it all wrapped up. It's a short story
FlibBityFLooB
2.5/5 stars. I got this for free at Audible and wasn't expecting much going in, so I didn't have a lot to lose trying it out... I thought the narrator wasn't bad for the audiobook, but the content didn't seem to sit well with me. Mainly because it seemed like the period they were depicting didn't really match with the festivities. It seemed more like it should have been taking place in a medieval type setting. Also, the bacchanal-esque scenes didn't really float my boat.
Kimberly
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

This is a short story (about 35 reading pages) of historical erotica. It is set at a party to bring in the new season and they plan to make a virgin sacrifice of her maidenhead not her life. If you enjoy erotica about exhibitionism and voyeurism then you will enjoy this story. There is a nice back story of characters. If you like short stories of erotica you will enjoy this book.
Kim
kept me guessing and I liked it!!
GONZA
Thank God it was a short story.

Grazie a Dio era una storia breve.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND CARINA PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW
Debbie
Seriously, I hate when authors use the word 'arse' in a sex scene.
Review to Follow
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Cj
Cj marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013