Che Guevara, the larger-than-life hero of the 1959 revolutionary victory that overturned the Cuban dictatorship, believed that revolution would also topple the imperialist governments in Latin America. Che's call to action, his proclamation of _invincibility_-the ultimate victory of revolutionary forces-continues to influence the course of Latin American history and intern...more
Che's basic principles are simple - any guerrilla force, if properly trained and motivated and with popular support, can overthrow an unpopular repressive government and replace it with one which represents the popular will. Che's record was 1 for 3. Cuba being an unequivocal success, with the Congo less so, and Bolivia ending in his own death.
Some of his principles...more
This text includes a somewhat sympathetic introductory essay by a guy who advances a lukewarm critique of Guevara's foco theory of warfare, which is discredited by the mere fact of Guevara's death while enacting same in Bolivia. Fair enough.
The text itself of the *Guerrilla Warfare* is likewise accompanied by two essa...more
But the real value of this edition lies with the numerous case studies that Loveman & Davies hav...more
On one hand, he did not thrive on violence; he fomented revolution, but did seek to minimize killing.
- opposed to terrorism (rarely proportional benefit for the costs incurred), but a great proponent of sabotage. Primary target: communications, and lines of communication. Two categories: National- must be strategic target, and only at the right time. Other category was more tacti...more
However, this book really could have used a ghost writer. It's repetitive (the phrase "avoid encirclement" must be used 100 times...more
Nevertheless there are some interesting concepts and strategic lessons here.
For example, the "seven golden rules" could be applied creatively and nonviolently in many situations:
1. Do not engage in a fight that cannot be won.
2. Move continuously, hit and run.
3. Use the...more
* Why the cobbler is the most important member of the armed struggle
* Why discipline is the most important aspect of the guerilla fighter
* Why respect for women is essential to a successful revolution
* How to properly praise Fidel Castro
* What it was like for a Central American band of guerillas in the middle of the 20th century
* Why bullets are ultimately more impor...more
Lo que nos cuenta. Manual sobre guerra de guerrillas que analiza el fenómeno desde las perspectivas de su tiempo, tanto a nivel estratégico como táctico, el despliegue en territorios amistosos u hostiles, su organización y un análisis de la situación en la Cuba del tiempo del autor y su visión sobre posible evolución del entorno.
¿Quiere saber más del libro, sin spoilers? Visite:
The cover is not very imaginative, and does not portray my beard correctly, second a better title would have been "This is your Life Che Guevara" you know like the TV show.
I don't know why I care since I am dead anyway. By the way Ernie don't forget to pick up some cereal for mom she knows that I've been very busy being dead and all
His belief in the necessity of world revolution to adva...more