Start by marking “Home Invasion” as Want to Read:
Home Invasion
Monique Polak

Home Invasion

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Josh is less than thrilled that he has a new stepfather, and finds his personal habits--and his personality--irritating. When his mother leaves town, Josh is left to spend a week alone with Clay. Resenting his new living arrangements and his unorthodox home life, Josh finds himself drawn to the idea of a "regular" family and, on a whim, sneaks into a neighbor's house to se ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Home Invasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Invasion

Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
This was a quick read. Very disturbing in some spots, but then again I like those in my books!!
Ryan Garrity
I would say that Annette had a big role in the story even though she and her family wasn't even in the story half of the time. The characters in the Levesque family moved in around the middle of the story, but they weren't really mentioned. The only reason that they were so important was because of Annette. She was the only reason why Josh wanted to invade there home. He wanted to know more about this Annette girl, and if she actually liked him. Then right at the end of the story he was just pla ...more

Josh's mother has a new husband Clay, an artist. Josh does not approve of him whatsoever. Clay tries to get threw to him but fails. The only reason Josh doesn't like him is simply because he's not his father.
When Josh's mother is away due to her father's heart attack, Josh and Clay are forced to spend time together. During that time a neighbor moves in. A husband, wife and daughter, Patsy. Josh hopes they will hang out and become even more than friends. There have also been reports of nearby ho
Josh is struggling to accept his mother’s new husband, a scatterbrained artist who experiments with traditional recipes and signs Josh up for basketball camp so he can have quiet to paint. He dislikes Clay for not being his dad, and they have nothing in common. Josh longs for what he perceives as a real family – two parents who give him the love and attention he needs. He finds solace – and an adrenaline rush – in sneakily observing neighbors to find the happiness he thinks everyone else has.

An interesting psychological story that even quotes Poe's line about the 'imp of the perverse' on page 14. Josh is none-too-happy about his weird step father and his irresponsible biological dad, so when mom goes off to take care of granny, he slips into houses for the closeness to normality it brings. As with all Orca books, the plot moves quickly, the characters are a touch thin, and while the topic is geared to older teens, middle school libraries could safely have this in their collection.

Michael Butts
Review: I like this book because it was pretty exciting and I would read it again or if there was a similar book. I love when josh invaded his crushes home and the real Home Invader came into the house with a knife and he threatened to kill them but then he tied them all up and josh was in the closet waiting for the right moment then he jumped out and hit the Home Invader in the head with a broom. Then they brought him in the hospital then he went in prison for 15 years.
Owen Wehr
Kristine Pratt
Honestly this is more a 3.5 on the star rating scale.

It's about a guy who has a messed up family life and starts sneaking into houses so he can watch real families interact. I saw it coming a mile away when he heard on the news that a home invader was breaking into houses in his neighborhood and terrorizing the families there. But I liked the conclusion anyway though I still wonder a bit about the plot. Like it makes it ok to sneak into houses if you're there just to watch the families. Creepy.
I thought it was a great read. Easy and quick but not boring.
Oct 08, 2010 Jaybandz is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
What I Thought Of The Book Is That It Is Pretty Good,The Book Home Invasion Is Really Interesting To Me.The Main Character Is Josh.&& He Is Going Threw Some Things Like His Dad , Mother Out Of Town , New Stepfather , Getting In Trouble With The Police .The Problem Is That There Is A Home Invader In They Town && He Is Breaking Into Family Houses.&& Tapping Them Up && Killing Them.&& Josh Ends Up At The End Of Story Catching The Home Invader .
This book is about this kid name Josh who is struggling to accept his mother’s new husband. He dislikes his mother new boyfriend for not being his dad, and they have nothing in common .He sneakily observing neighbors to find the happiness he thinks everyone else has. Which turns out he finds a burglar is breaking into neighborhood homes and terrorizing families.
I think Josh was a little crazy for sneaking into people's homes even though he didn't do anything else besides listen to what was going on. In the end, it helped him catch the real home invader who was a theif. Overall this book was okay. I had a feeling that Josh would be the one to stop the real criminal.
Sade C.
Have you ever walked pass a house and seen that it had keys in it and you wanted to take a look inside? This is a good book for you.
i liked the book but it wwasnt the best book out ther, it was a good one though.
Leah Pearson
This book was very suspenseful filled with crime and mystery.
Good hi/low book. I enjoyed it.
Anastasia Aragon
-This book is really go so far. :]
Beiza added it
Nov 15, 2015
storystereo marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Marlene marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Elyse marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
angelica  sanchez
angelica sanchez marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015