Start by marking “When I Feel Sad” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
When I Feel Sad

Cornelia Maude Spelman

When I Feel Sad (The Way I Feel)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Children will take comfort from Cornelia Maude Spelman's latest addition to her The Way I Feel series. Readers will recognize similar experiences in their own lives as this little guinea pig describes feeling sad when someone is cross or when something bad happens. Eventually our heroine realizes that feeing sad doesn't last forever.
Published September 1st 2004 by Turtleback Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about When I Feel Sad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When I Feel Sad

Kristina Moss
When I Feel Sad by Corneila Maude Spelman I a great book for young children. This book is about examples of common emotions and ways to handle them positively. I would use this book in my classroom to help my students recognize and regulate their own emotions. I think this book is great for young students because it displays to them that feelings and emotions are natural.
Dolly
Apr 20, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens
This is a good book for exploring feelings of sadness and how to deal with it. Our girls liked the book, but it wasn't so much of a story as a cute and fuzzy self-help book for kids, just like the book about jealousy that we read by the same author. I thought it was okay. It was too overt about the issue; I think books that are tell a story with the theme woven throughout the tale are more effective.
Stephanie
I am not sure how I feel about this book. I can't decide if they are helpful for kids to be able to express how they are feeling or if the message they are conveying takes precedence over telling a really good story that could have done the same thing.
Suz
I've been collecting all these Cornelia Spelman books about feelings for the library. They are good for guidance class or other classroom discussions with younger students about dealing with feelings appropriately (or even identifying feelings).
Lauren Brown
This book gives examples of times when you might feel sad about something. It is good because it says even though you may feel sad you will not feel sad forever and it will pass. I like it and think that children could relate to it as well.
Janae
This is the first book we read in this whole series on emotions. I think it was a little advanced for Whitman (22 months), but he did stay focused the whole time. It's a great idea for a series.
Meghan
This is one of three books that I picked up at a thrift store, I found it to be a useful tool for helping younger kids relate what they are feeling and to help express that.
Leslie
Helps kids identify when and why they feel sad and lets them know it's okay to be happy.
Mary
Great collection to help our little ones communicate their feelings
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
M.
M. marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Cornelia Maude Spelman is a writer, artist, and former social worker who writes about the importance of emotions and healthy relationships in the lives of children and families.
More about Cornelia Maude Spelman...
Your Body Belongs to You When I Feel Angry (Way I Feel) When I Feel Scared (Way I Feel Books) When I Care about Others When I Miss You (Way I Feel Books)