Start by marking “The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)

The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  937 ratings  ·  39 reviews
The Cam Jansen books are perfect for young readers who are making the transition to chapter books, and Cam is a spunky young heroine whom readers have loved for over two decades. Now the first ten books in the series have updated covers that bring new life to these perennial best-sellers. Old fans and new readers will love Cam's cool, modern look!

Published July 22nd 2004 by Puffin (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the UFO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the UFO

The original Cam Jansen series follows the exploits of 10-year-old 5th grader Jennifer "the Camera" (aka "Cam") Jansen and her best friend, classmate, and neighbor Eric Shelton. Cam got her nickname because of her photographic memory. All she has to do is say "Click," and Cam can remember everything she's seen, which comes in pretty handy when trying to solve mysteries.

David Adler has written several beginning chapter book series, but Cam Jansen is one of the earliest and most successful. He's b
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Ds read aloud to me. This is a more harder book than he's used to and I had him read it as a challenge while being there to readily help him along so he wouldn't get frustrated.

This was both my son's and my first Cam Jansen book. I had expected Cam to be a boy and so was of course surprised and delighted with the story of how Jennifer came to be known as "Cam". Cam and her friend Eric are interesting, bright and responsible fifth-graders whom I enjoyed reading about. Eric is
Dolly
May 04, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Shelves: 2012, childrens, mystery, pets
This is a reread for us. Our girls picked this one out and I thought it would be worth a second read. We'd read the Cam Jansen Double Mystery #1 more than two years ago, and I was pretty sure our girls wouldn't remember the story. The narrative was actually a bit flat and I didn't like this story very much. But our girls loved little Neptune and thought the aliens were funny (back in 2009 they were a bit scared by them at first.)

Overall, it's a fairly typical book in the Cam Jansen series of my
Michelle Ault
Cam Jansen is a fifth grader with a photographic memory. This chapter book is filled with suspense and mystery that encourages the reader to predict what will happen and how Cam and Eric will solve the U.F.O. mystery. It also teaches an important morality lesson and shows how the good guy can come out on top in the end.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Ten-year-old Cam, possessor of a photographic memory, and her friend Eric investigate what seems to be a brief appearance of U.F.O.s." (From Amazon)

A great mystery/detective series - a great novel for young children (easy to read). For those who like Harriet the Spy and Encyclopedia Brown.
Meghan
This is a great and enjoyable series about Cam Jansen and mysteries that she has to solve. It is a short read and is simple enough for younger students. It is short enough that students who do not normally like to read, might want to try it out and become attached to the character so they read the whole series.
Rebecca Early
This book is apart of a series. Many of the other books are like this one, they just have a different topic. This one in particular is about if there is a UFO. Whether or not to see if it's real, and who is in it. These books are great for children transitioning into chapter books.
Victor Lam
Ages 8 & Up • Ten-year-old Cam, possessor of a photographic memory, and her friend Eric investigate what seems to be a brief appearance of U.F.O.s. ...more
Mimeewasuda
I think this Cam Jansen book is the first book that I've read in this series. I've read it in Grade4 ELL. After I read this book, i addicted to it and grabbed more book from this series to read. In the story will give us more and more evidence from each chapter and lead us to the answer. I always predicted what going to happen and have a very fun time with the book.Cam have a very good memories and it's actually that she can take a picture with her eyes.
Beth Anne
Read aloud to Emma and Will. Not quite as good as the first book in the series, but still fun and worth continuing with the next book.
Katie
Lila Olsen
I love how Cam thought the case through.
Rachel
My 2nd graders LOVED this! We'll definitely read more Cam.
Anna
Nov 06, 2010 Anna added it
Shelves: read-by-myself
There was this little kitty that Cam found in a tree. It was falling down so she gave it some food and got it down and kept it and named it Neptune. Then flashing lights everywhere came! Then they stopped. Then they saw some tinfoil and aluminum wrapped around two kids. There was this older kid who was taking pictures. They were going to get in trouble because they were lying about the UFOs. Neptune ran over and grabbed the mask and gave it to Cam and it was for evidence that aliens weren't real ...more
Kristine Pratt
I love these books. Even though the author started writing this series awhile ago, they still read very well. I don't know how well today's kids will understand the concept of a camera with film, but I still liked it. ;-)

Cam's amazing memory saves the day over and over again. This time in identifying where a UFO might have landed so that she can catch some space aliens. I loved the side story about the kitten and think that overall this was a great book. I highly recommend this series!
Kaylan Nurse
I loved when she wanted to rescue the kitty. Cam always has things up her sleeve in her mysteries. She strategies to get the kitten to come down from the branch. I also think that students could take great strategizing ideas from this story in order to work things out.
Elisha
I loved this book! I am a big fan of the Cam Jansen series and could read them anytime! My favorite part is when she rescued the kitten by putting a piece of ham on the branch so the kitten would come down and then the kitten came up again! I learned that when there are rules you must follow them, even if it is not a law. You shouldn't lie or think about only winning, what matters is that you have fun. Thank you for reading my review! :)
Tayler K
I've remembered for years that one time in second grade, we were 3 problems in to checking a math worksheet before I realized what was going on and that I should be paying attention (of course I'd been reading while I waited for the rest of the class to finish the sheet). I'd been pretty sure the book I was reading was about a UFO mystery. Then I saw this while I was shelving at the library the other day, and things clicked.
Inoli
I must recommend these and see how well they're received. I read two of them (and will copy this to the other) and I thought the concept of the main character in a children's mystery having a photographic memory was very cool. And Cam was a great character too. The writing seemed to instill excitement and a sense of such activity that made the story fun.
Karol
I might've given this a 4 1/2, but only because I found Cam's saying "click" a little annoying. My son loved this book. Good story, and very interesting to the young and young at heart. It also shows that cheating to win a contest doesn't work!
Jacquelyn Suegay
The book was interesting. It really made me want to finish the book because I couldn't wait to find out what happened at the end. Luckily it wasn't a U.F.O.It was just some kids.It was a great story.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 14661 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.4 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Ratforcekids
The Cam Jansen mystery series could be a hit with your Magic Tree House lover. It's and easier chapter book series that could be read together.
Sydney
cam jansen sees a light and everyone thinks it's a ufo coming to invade their town but it's a foil that's lit up. a child and teenager did it.
Kristy
Cute, quick - listened to the audio. The reader does a nice job with the voices. Readers will laugh at the silly kids who dress up in tinfoil.
Daisy Guzman
Oct 28, 2008 Daisy Guzman is currently reading it
I WANT TO KNOw if she made it in real life.also i want to know also if she made this book to represent somebody that happens in real life.
Bobbie smith
this book was about how cam and eric saw someone cheating on this photo contest and they got a cat and eric won the $100
rivka
Aug 12, 2008 rivka rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids 8-12
Shelves: kids, mystery
The first Cam Jansen book I read, but definitely not the last. The series is great for kids, especially girls.
Katie
I learned that you can't just cheat to only win a contest, if you cheat you will be with a bad result.
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • The Case of the Stinky Science Project (Jigsaw Jones, #9)
  • Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)
  • I Hate Rules!
  • Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny (Junie B. Jones, #27)
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
  • The Littles Go To School
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper
The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3) The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4) The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14) Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)

“said, “but I think you and your camera are pretty amazing, too.” 0 likes