Start by marking “Dan, the Taxi Man” as Want to Read:
Dan, the Taxi Man

Dan, the Taxi Man

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
"Here's Dan, Beep! Beep! the Taxi Man, going to the show and picking up the band. Climb inside while you still can with Dan, Beep! Beep! the Taxi Man." And what a band it is! A symphony of sounds and colors, this cumulative tale is as much fun to read aloud as it is to listen to.
Published 2012 by Kane Miller

To ask other readers questions about Dan, the Taxi Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dan, the Taxi Man

Barbara
Jun 07, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
Dan and his friendly dog travel through the city streets picking up members of a band that will be performing at a club later that night. As he picks them up, each member has certain sounds associated with the instrument he/she plays. Young readers will enjoy saying those sounds such as "Squeeba-dee-dee, squeeba-dee doo!" (unpaged), and notice that even Dan gets in on the action with his honking horn. The band members are all unique, but the text and illustrations make it clear that there is no ...more
Amber Swinford
Jan 05, 2015 Amber Swinford rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that makes reading to your kids fun again! Seriously...I ask my kids if we can read this one at storytime. As Dan, the taxi driver, picks up each member of the band, you add instrument sounds in a progression of fun noises that the whole family can make together. So much fun!
Jenn
Aug 13, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it
We totally don't even have taxis here in Teeny Town, but if we did, he should be an impromptu band member.
Tabitha
Feb 24, 2015 Tabitha rated it it was amazing
This was so fun to read. Great rhythm in the writing.
Kathy Ellen Davis
It's Dan
BEEP BEEP!
The Taxi Man!
He's picking up all the members of the band so they can get to the concert.
Maureen and her tambourine,
Claire and her snare,
and all the rest.

This book reads like a song; no surprise because Eric Ode is a great songwriter and singer too!
The illustrations are adorable, whimsical, and so lively.
You feel like you are really rolling along in this taxi!

Check this book out!

Tobinsfavorite
May 04, 2013 Tobinsfavorite rated it really liked it
This is fun to read aloud with enthusiastic rhythm. I imagine that if you don't employ enough energy, it would be annoying to read. I suspect if we had it for months rather than the weeks of a library loan, we might get sick of it, but we might not. Definitely for readers and listeners who enjoy repetitive, rhythmic books.
Jodie
Nov 15, 2013 Jodie rated it liked it
Dan, the taxi man, drives around town picking up members of the band. Interaction with the story by the readers since the story repeats the members who have already been picked up and we can say the sounds the instruments make like the sax: boom, boomba, boom!
Donalyn
A fun book about Dan, the taxi man, who drives all over town picking up members of a band for their performance that evening. Playful opportunities for children to read along...
Edward Sullivan
Aug 21, 2012 Edward Sullivan rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A great one for reading aloud. Lotsa fun.
Jennifer Mclaughlin
Jennifer Mclaughlin rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Apr 26, 2016
DonRebe Walker
DonRebe Walker rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Sheila
Sheila added it
Feb 09, 2016
Maddie Ward
Maddie Ward marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Tyla
Tyla rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Kelsey Robertson
Kelsey Robertson marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Chad
Chad added it
Jun 03, 2015
Ilisgrace
Ilisgrace marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Kristine Hansen
Kristine Hansen marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Jennifer Heise
Jennifer Heise marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015