Start by marking “Medicinemaker: Mystic Encounters on the Shaman's Path” as Want to Read:
Medicinemaker: Mystic Encounters on the Shaman's Path

Medicinemaker: Mystic Encounters on the Shaman's Path

In the brilliant visionary tradition of Carlos Castaneda, anthropologist Hank Wesselman first documented his spiritual journey in the acclaimed account Spiritwalker. Now he continues his travels through the spirit world in this astonishing book, leading us into the heart of one of the greatest mysteries of existence.

Dr. Wesselman's inspiring quest began with a dramatic enc
Published December 1st 1999 by Bantam (first published August 3rd 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Medicinemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medicinemaker

Deborah Lloyd
Sep 07, 2013 Deborah Lloyd rated it really liked it
This author is an scientifically-trained anthropologist, who has experienced amazing mystical experiences. Through his journeys, he connected with a future descendant who shows him what our world may be, if we do not start to honor Mother Earth and her natural resources. His journeys also teach us about the nature of time, as experienced in the spirit world. The connection to the Hawaiian culture and spiritual beliefs are also interesting. A great read for anyone exploring other-worldly realms
Juliana Haught
Sep 25, 2013 Juliana Haught rated it it was amazing
This is the follow-up to Spiritwalker, that I had to read right away because I was so taken with the author's experiences in the first book. In this book the author has come to a place of acceptance about his experiences, and more purposefully explores spirit travel and communicating with spirits and with Nainoa. As well-written and personable as the first book, this is really a continuation of the first. If you liked the first book, you'll want to read this one, too.
Mary Fahnlander
Feb 11, 2014 Mary Fahnlander rated it it was amazing
I'm hooked on this series. (Spiritwalker is the first, Medicinemaker, the second, and Visionseeker the third). It doesn't get more fascinating than this PhD who has such credibility in his field sharing his spiritual journeys into the future. I can't wait to read the next installment of Nainoa's story as Wesselman toggles between his mainstream life and his trips to the future. To think this is TRUE is an amazing bonus.
Michael Graber
Dec 10, 2014 Michael Graber rated it it was amazing
Medicine maker is the second book in a trilogy. Wesselman is a hard-boiled scientist who, through a series of mystical experiences, began his journey into Shamanic practice. The book is a profound call-to-action and guide at the same time. Highly recommended.
Kathryn
Aug 16, 2016 Kathryn rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. Started to feel contrived, and less real. But, once again, I had trouble putting the book down, wanted to see what was going to happen next.
Nomy
Jan 12, 2008 Nomy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-finished
i'm having a hard time with this one. i actually respect where this dude is coming from - he does what i always wish white people would do, which is relate his own experience rather than taking on other people's sacred stuff. it still rubs me weird. it's about his experiences of spontaneous time travel and communication with a person living 5000 years in the future. maybe i don't believe him? maybe i'm jealous? maybe i'm just annoyed by the way he talks? not sure if i'll finish it... maybe i jus ...more
Alicia Dattner
Jul 24, 2012 Alicia Dattner rated it it was amazing
I'm onto number two in the trilogy....
Mat Côté
Mat Côté marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Alice
Alice rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Mock
Mock marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Pierre Morris
Pierre Morris is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2016
Lawrence Tanner
Lawrence Tanner marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Ryan Holt
Ryan Holt marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Bill Blocksom
Bill Blocksom marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Samantha Jean
Samantha Jean rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Jean
Jean added it
Jun 17, 2016
Mindy Nelson
Mindy Nelson marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
RowanP
RowanP rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Brian Bever
Brian Bever marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Guilherme Moraes
Guilherme Moraes marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Rebekah Arkin
Rebekah Arkin rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Becky
Becky added it
Mar 30, 2016
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
  • The Medicine Way: A Shamanic Path to Self Mastery (The "Earth Quest" Series)
  • Urban Shaman
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • The Edgar Cayce Remedies
  • Witchcraft Medicine: Healing Arts, Shamanic Practices, and Forbidden Plants
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
  • The Witch's Dream: A Healer's Way of Knowledge
  • Coyote Medicine: Lessons from Native American Healing
  • The Wind Is My Mother
  • Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer: The Hidden Power of Beauty, Blessings, Wisdom, and Hurt
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • Shamanism, Colonialism, and the Wild Man: A Study in Terror and Healing
  • Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals
  • Aliens Among Us
  • Long Life, Honey in the Heart
  • The Reluctant Shaman: A Woman's First Encounters with the Unseen Spirits of the Earth
  • Fire in the Head: Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit
  • Awakening Your Psychic Powers: Open Your Inner Mind And Control Your Psychic Intuition Today