Sweet Friday Island

Sweet Friday Island

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Uninhabited and remote, Sweet Friday Island rises out of the Sea of Cortez, the flattened top of an ancient mountain. Its rugged terrain makes it the perfect place for fifteen-year-old Peg Toland and her adventurous dad to take their favorite kind of vacation. But its idyllic isolation and wild landscape ultimately turn Sweet Friday Island into a terrifying and deadly trap...more
Published May 13th 1994 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1984)

Noelle
I really liked this book. It only took me about 3 hours to read for two reasons. It was an easy read and also because I ignored everything else until I finished it(:
Tegan Mae
The first time I read this novel I fell in love. I went back to the library months later and checked it out again. It has been awhile since I've read it, but I think about it often and want to read it again. Once you pick this book up you can't put it down. As a reader you're constantly wondering what is going to happen and how these characters are going to get out of this. By the time the novel is done you feel like you went through it with them.
Jennie
A young girl and her father face peril during an island vacation. After a dangerous stranger steals her father’s diabetic supplies, Peg must attack the man in order to save herself and her father.

Incredible, overlooked title by Theodore Taylor, author of The Cay. Great survival story especially for girls as Peg is a strong female character. Very psychological plot.
Laurel
So intriguing, had me captured and scared out of my wits until the ending. That part was a little blah, not quite what I was in for, but good, clean, almost horror.
Dori
Apr 27, 2013 Dori rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pre-teen / teen girls
Shelves: own
One of my favorite books as a kid. Loved the suspense. Still read it again, every now and then.
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2014
Alison Schwing
Alison Schwing marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Janetodd
Janetodd is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2014
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Corey
Corey added it
Sep 08, 2013
Wendy Yocum
Wendy Yocum marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Dreama
Dreama marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Emmalee Miller
Emmalee Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Cay (The Cay, #1) Timothy of the Cay (The Cay, #2) The Weirdo (Paperback) The Bomb The Trouble with Tuck