Start by marking “Sweet Dreams (The Lyndsey Roughton Anthology)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Dreams (The Lyndsey Roughton Anthology)

Sweet Dreams (The Lyndsey Roughton Anthology)

4.7 of 5 stars 4.70  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
17 talented authors present their tales in order to raise funds for Lyndsey Roughton, a 27 year old currently suffering from an inoperable brain tumour.

Genres include dark fantasy, humour, sci-fi, and horror. The tales in this book will transport you to a different worlds!

Included in this anthology are the following:

Everyone Goes To Hell - Joseph Garraty
Here Be Monsters -
Kindle Edition, First
Published June 5th 2012 by Roughton Family

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Dreams

Mia Darien
Jun 08, 2012 Mia Darien rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
First off, I will say that even though I have written a couple short stories myself, they tend not to be my thing. To fit as much as you want into the confined space, you tend to have to get a little abstract and I tend to be a little more linear. Still, when the chance to join this anthology and help a little came by, I was glad to pitch in. I will say that I will not be reviewing my own story. (I'd probably give myself a lower rating anyway!)

So, that being said... there's a lot of good stuff h
Scott
Sweet Dreams is a collection of stories from various indie authors. First off I'll say that I had a hand in helping to promote this collection to gather the stories so this isn't exactly an unbiased review. The greatest thing about this collection is the fact that no single author is making a cent off of it. They have donated their work to help a young woman with a terminal brain tumor realize her dream vacation while she is still able.

All that out of the way this is a great collection of stori
Jeffrey Poole
Jun 30, 2012 Jeffrey Poole rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
First of all, before I get any further, I should mention that this review isn't without some bias. I wrote a story that was included in here, namely Bakkian Chronicles - Disneyland Debacle.

So with that out of the way, on to the review!

This was a fun mix of 17 macabre stories dealing with zombies, an accidental elimination of a very popular holiday character, futuristic societies with priests controlling evolution, etc. I truly enjoyed reading all the different styles of writing found within the
B Throwsnaill
Jun 20, 2012 B Throwsnaill rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Since I have a story in this anthology, this review is not exactly un-biased, but I will do my best to be objective. Like any anthology I've read I had favorite stories and less favorite ones, but, overall, the quality was consistently high, and I loved the mix of fantasy, horror and sci-fi. This anthology definitely delivers in the variety department. It's a good length, and it supports a great cause. Overall, it's money well-spent, and, as others have mentioned, it gave me a chance to sample s ...more
Edward Larel
Aug 29, 2014 Edward Larel added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My own story aside; this was a great book for a great cause. I was happy to be a part of it, and I thoroughly enjoyed every tale within.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Meli
Meli marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Louise BitchDaddyGaGa
Louise BitchDaddyGaGa marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Morrigan.
Morrigan. marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Fantayssia
Fantayssia marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Mc
Mc marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Becci
Becci marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Richard
Aug 21, 2012 Richard rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicholas
Jun 25, 2012 Nicholas rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
J.H. Sked
Jun 10, 2012 J.H. Sked rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Goodreads Librari...: Need author name corrected on book listing 2 21 Aug 22, 2012 03:04PM
The Sword and Laser: The Lindsey Roughton Anthology 1 18 Jun 08, 2012 10:05PM
4720999
The author of WolfSong, Basement Blues, and Die Laughing (Blue Moon Detectives Series).
I currently live in London, UK, where I'm surrounded by books and tend to cause electronic/computer malfunctions on a regular basis.
My reading tastes cover almost everything, although I really like fantasy/horror and anything with a paranormal flavor, and the only thing I love more than reading is writing.

More about J.H. Sked...
WolfSong Basement Blues Die Laughing (Blue Moon Detectives, #1) Quarter the Moon (Blue Moon Detectives Book #3)  House of F.A.R.T.