Start by marking “Laura Charlotte” as Want to Read:
Laura Charlotte

Laura Charlotte

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Warm, gentle humor and glowing illustrations bring to life the intergenerational story of a little gray flannel elephant and the two little girls who, separated by time, loved it."A gently reassuring story about the love that spans generations and is handed down with toys.... Cooper's illustrations envelop the reader in their warmth as they recapture the mood of summer nig ...more
Paperback
Published February 24th 1997 by Puffin (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Laura Charlotte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laura Charlotte

Maureen Jehling
Laura Charlotte, by Kathryn O. Galbraith, is about a young girl named Laura who receives her grandmother's old stuffed animal named Charlotte. The story flows in and out and the grandmother speaking to Laura, and then the scene where Laura is playing with Charlotte. Laura grows to love her new friend and she doesn't ever leave her side. But then one night when she woke up in the middle of her sleep she realizes that Charlotte is gone! What do you think will happen next?

The overall appearance of
Cara Byrne
A childhood favorite. This is a lovely book about a little girl who requests a bedtime story about her beloved, passed down elephant stuffed animal, Laura Charlotte. I can hardly read this book to my baby daughter without crying, as its emphasis on generations of women is so wonderful. Like _Toy Story 3_, this book wraps memory, nostalgia, and family together seamlessly. Floyd's gorgeous illustrations top it off.
Elizabeth
This book was just precious. I thought this was a nice tale of a mother and daughter. This book would be good for any age of child. This was a sweet story of a toy passed down from mother to daughter. After reading this to children a fun extension activity would be to talk about things in their family that have been passed down from mother to daughter or father to son.
Catie
Mar 12, 2014 Catie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: march
This book was really cute and had interesting illustrations. I found it interesting how the pictures were illustrated and the colors that were used. I really liked the story line and loved the ending of the story. I think it would be a great book to read to relatives, but not necessarily to students.
Ashley Loosle
This book was really sweet. It talks about the generations of a family and their connection. This is something I would read to my own daughter. I loved it.
Susie
Generational story.
Annalisa
Having a daughter named Charlotte makes this book priceless for me. She absolutely adores the sweet story of a little girl and her elephant Charlotte because "Charlotte is the prettiest name in the whole world" It is a joy because of the name and the wonderful love shared from Grandmother, to mother to daughter
My aunt gave me this book for my birthday when I was eight, because my name is Laura. A very sweet book about a girl and her stuffed elephant, and how she loves it and passes it on to her daughter. I read it many times while holding my stuffed bear, and I can't wait to read it to my own kids someday.
Alyssa
Another childhood favorite :) it's a touching story!
Dede
Carly and I loved this book.
Database
Database marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
May 07, 2015
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Kathryn O. Galbraith is an award-winning children's book author with more than a dozen picture books to her credit, including Boo, Bunny!; Arbor Day Square; Traveling Babies; and Laura Charlotte. She teaches writing for children at the University of Washington.
More about Kathryn O. Galbraith...
Planting the Wild Garden Boo, Bunny! Two Bunny Buddies Arbor Day Square Where Is Baby?