Start by marking “Laura Charlotte” as Want to Read:
Laura Charlotte

Laura Charlotte

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Warm, gentle humor and glowing illustrations bring to life the intergenerational story of a little gray flannel elephant and the two little girls who, separated by time, loved it."A gently reassuring story about the love that spans generations and is handed down with toys.... Cooper's illustrations envelop the reader in their warmth as they recapture the mood of summer nig ...more
Paperback
Published February 24th 1997 by Puffin (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Laura Charlotte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laura Charlotte

Maureen Jehling
Dec 06, 2014 Maureen Jehling rated it it was amazing
Laura Charlotte, by Kathryn O. Galbraith, is about a young girl named Laura who receives her grandmother's old stuffed animal named Charlotte. The story flows in and out and the grandmother speaking to Laura, and then the scene where Laura is playing with Charlotte. Laura grows to love her new friend and she doesn't ever leave her side. But then one night when she woke up in the middle of her sleep she realizes that Charlotte is gone! What do you think will happen next?

The overall appearance of
Brittany Martin
Apr 20, 2016 Brittany Martin rated it really liked it
Laura Charlotte will have the reader reminiscing to his/her childhood. Reliving sweet memories of a cherished toy, a mother shares a bedtime story with her daughter. When mother was just a little girl, she received a package on her birthday. Her grandmother had made a stuffed elephant out of flannel sewing scraps. Mother loved her elephant, she took her everywhere. But, one day mother left her elephant outside and its ear was torn by a cat. Thankfully, grandma was able to fix her elephant and sh ...more
Cara Byrne
Mar 16, 2015 Cara Byrne rated it it was amazing
A childhood favorite. This is a lovely book about a little girl who requests a bedtime story about her beloved, passed down elephant stuffed animal, Laura Charlotte. I can hardly read this book to my baby daughter without crying, as its emphasis on generations of women is so wonderful. Like _Toy Story 3_, this book wraps memory, nostalgia, and family together seamlessly. Floyd's gorgeous illustrations top it off.
Elizabeth
Mar 04, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book was just precious. I thought this was a nice tale of a mother and daughter. This book would be good for any age of child. This was a sweet story of a toy passed down from mother to daughter. After reading this to children a fun extension activity would be to talk about things in their family that have been passed down from mother to daughter or father to son.
Catie
Mar 12, 2014 Catie rated it liked it
Shelves: march
This book was really cute and had interesting illustrations. I found it interesting how the pictures were illustrated and the colors that were used. I really liked the story line and loved the ending of the story. I think it would be a great book to read to relatives, but not necessarily to students.
Ashley Loosle
Nov 12, 2014 Ashley Loosle rated it it was amazing
This book was really sweet. It talks about the generations of a family and their connection. This is something I would read to my own daughter. I loved it.
Susie
Nov 11, 2014 Susie rated it really liked it
Generational story.
Annalisa
Jun 10, 2010 Annalisa rated it it was amazing
Having a daughter named Charlotte makes this book priceless for me. She absolutely adores the sweet story of a little girl and her elephant Charlotte because "Charlotte is the prettiest name in the whole world" It is a joy because of the name and the wonderful love shared from Grandmother, to mother to daughter
Jul 25, 2007 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-own-library
My aunt gave me this book for my birthday when I was eight, because my name is Laura. A very sweet book about a girl and her stuffed elephant, and how she loves it and passes it on to her daughter. I read it many times while holding my stuffed bear, and I can't wait to read it to my own kids someday.
Alyssa
Jul 16, 2010 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Another childhood favorite :) it's a touching story!
Dede
Mar 04, 2008 Dede rated it it was amazing
Carly and I loved this book.
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Isaac&Veronica
Isaac&Veronica marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Dava Tuttle
Dava Tuttle rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Kailey
Kailey rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Keir Bridges
Keir Bridges marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Kylie Weber
Kylie Weber rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Lucie Gosling
Lucie Gosling marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Bruce Bloome
Bruce Bloome marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Casey Blue
Casey Blue rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Database
Database marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Bonnie Rapkin
Bonnie Rapkin rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
May 07, 2015
Jennifer Eddy
Jennifer Eddy rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kathryn O. Galbraith is an award-winning children's book author with more than a dozen picture books to her credit, including Boo, Bunny!; Arbor Day Square; Traveling Babies; and Laura Charlotte. She teaches writing for children at the University of Washington.
More about Kathryn O. Galbraith...