Start by marking “Idiotville” as Want to Read:
Idiotville

Idiotville

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  7 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Hackner was a short, shifty-eyed, devious little man with an odd sense of humor. In addition to targeting Haydn's record for quantity, he was fascinated by Handel's affinity for inducing yawns. In fact, he would customarily count coughs during a concert as a gage of just how boring a piece was, and sought to write the type of music that would create a cacophony of ...more
Published March 3rd 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Idiotville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Idiotville

Gregory Lamb
Mar 10, 2013 Gregory Lamb rated it really liked it
I stumbled on this title and was intrigued by the book's description, so I asked the author for a review copy, which he graciously provided. It isn't often I read a genre billed as comedy, but in this case curiosity got the better of me.

In this satiric parody of American main stream culture, Kral re-creates a social experience where everything seems opposite of common sense. It took me awhile to catch on to Kral's style, but once aboard, it was a fun ride. His writing is snappy and flawless and
Jenn Andrew
Oct 05, 2012 Jenn Andrew rated it liked it
This is a comedic fictional story about several events that occur in the town of Idiotville. Robert Kral's intent is to emphasize how blindly people follow each other and the kind of stupid things people do. Everyone is capable of performing acts that turn out to be stupid but you move on and laugh about it. In this book, the citizens are the embodiment of stupidity. Now you can’t possibly believe that anyone is capable of acting foolishly on a regular basis, but the author makes the reader feel ...more
Donald Armfield
Jun 13, 2012 Donald Armfield rated it it was amazing
From the back of book "Life is like a box of chocolates. Except only idiots doesn't read the ingredients in fine print before eating one."

Reading this book gave me some unforgettable laughs. I am glad I own a copy. The priest with tourette syndrome I would have to say is my favorite. The ending to one of the chapters kinda made me think of National Lampoon's Christmas. Where the reindeer lawn decoration goes flying through the air and Grandma yells "Play Ball"

Take some dirt eating neighbors, a c
Grady
Jul 09, 2012 Grady rated it really liked it
Robert Kral Accomplishes His Mission

Take a look in a mirror, or better ye, take a look at your reflection in the gals sofa storefront where the world is walking by in both directions, really look, and then think back to the chapters in Robert Kral's parody of modern life IDIOTVILLE: THE FOOL'S HANDBOOK FO RTHE 21ST CENTURY and doubtless you will first blush with embarrassment and then laugh out loud.

Human foibles magnified is what this hilarious spoof is all about. It seems the author's summary
Jessica Bronder
Jan 24, 2013 Jessica Bronder rated it really liked it
This is a collection of stories about the people in Idiotville. My favorite story is the first one, where the trees in the town have been infested so the mayor gets his brother-in-law to cut the trees that are marked down. Sadly the town is celebrating so all the trees have ribbons on them.

The rest of the stories range from how a dog is smarter than her detective, increasing the profits of a factory by hiring more specialists and firing the workers, and a Valentine’s Day gift gone wrong. Some o
Georgiann Hennelly
May 06, 2013 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
Idiotville is a hilarious entertaining book of short stories. In this book the people in Idiotville do stupid things on a regular basis. It is a comedic look at how the citizens do things without thinking first. An easy fun read. You can easily relate to the characters and the town. One of my favorite storys was the Churchs. If your looking for a fun read i highly recommend Idiotville.
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Brittany
Brittany is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2012
Vica Sajdik
Vica Sajdik marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Azure
Azure marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2016
Robert Kral is a good Samaritan. He believes in love, God, Santa, peanut butter, and warm furry animals. Kral is loved by his daughter and two basset hounds, toddlers, teenagers, and old ladies alike and is, by most accounts, a supportive, responsible father.

Having earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and a master's in business administration, Robert has authored technical article
More about Robert Kral...