Start by marking “The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1)

The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  547 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Meet the Love children: oh-so-perfect Linn, airy-fairy Rowan, animal-obsessed Tor - and Ally, trying to have a normal life somewhere in the middle of it all. Which isn't easy when you live in a house that's a cross between an animal hospital and something out of 'Changing Rooms'. And then there's school and the small matter of the forgotten history project and the obnoxiou ...more
Published (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl

The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah DessenThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann BrasharesLock and Key by Sarah DessenAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Best YA Chicklit
408th out of 474 books — 1,045 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda O'Donnell
My family's weird. My eldest sister is 17 going on 70, my other sister is away with the fairies (literally - her room is a shrine to whoever invented fairy lights) and my little brother is a space cadet. Me? Somehow I ended up normal, but it's a struggle, let me tell you...
Katie
**GENERAL REVIEW FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES**

Aww, man....
I started reading these books when I was about nine years old. I don't think I even read them in order at first, just got whichever ones I could find out of my schools library. I loved them. LOVED.

Eventually I figured out the order and filled in the gaps. And then proceeded to read the entire series about five times over. Those were the times.

Ally was my spirit animal in those days. She was a little awkward, wasn't quite sure where she fit into
Ellie
I loved this series, as I felt each character brought their own.

Ally - A unconfident yet popular girl who is relatively normal minus the odd dog or 3! yet throughout the series I looked Ally as she never seemed to so defeat and was often the support for her other siblings. Karen McCombie really showed off her characterisation skills throughout and as the series had grown I felt more and more attached to Ally and new she was going to be a memorial character that didn't need other stories to be r
Paige
brilliant sotry-line and brilliant way that its been written. though i can't help but notice that her oher series (starting with 'an urgent message of wowness') has an incredibly similar storyline but with the father leaving and not the mother. don't get me wrong; they're both great, but i can't help wondering what hapenned at home with the author...
Emilie
I remember reading the Ally's World series when I was around Ally's age (12-13) and they were hilarious. A really quick, funny and easy read for young readers! I remember McCombie using a lot of colloquial language which only made it funnier and more realistic IMO back then :)
Would definitely recommend it to any pre-teens that enjoy a good read
Liz
May 01, 2009 Liz rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
I really liked this book. However, I'm 95% happy with the way Karen McCombie handled Kyra's 'confessions' or whatever. She could have written it a bit better. Ally's house and family just suck me in, though :). They're fascinating.
Carys Gidlow
Jun 25, 2008 Carys Gidlow rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Girls- boys wouldnt enjoy it.
Recommended to Carys by: my sister
Shelves: girly-books
I quite liked this book, it was quite funny and it was a good and easy read. i am now readin the sequel because i liked it so much!
Kyra
Series Review:

I have finally finished the series. All fourteen books, in a space of ten days. I read the first four books in the series when I was ten or eleven, and I adored them. This January, I really felt like revisiting them, as well as continuing with the rest of the books in the series that were still in the garage. I was scared that I wouldn't like them anymore in case I felt that they were too young for me...but I think I loved them even more this time round. IT WAS JUST...SO... PERFECT
A.R. Collins
I enjoyed this series a lot when I was younger, and have decided to re-read it years later. Now that I am older, some aspects of McCombie's writing style are rather irritating, such as over-description of the characters, and overuse of italics in Ally's explanations and thought processes (and I seem to remember I even noticed that one when I was younger). There are plenty of niggles to notice if you've been to any creative writing classes, which I don't think McCombie had when she wrote this. Ne ...more
Olive (Оља)
This will be my forever favourite book series I have read as a child. I remember that I only came to book six because the local library didn't have the rest and in the book stores these little babies were too expensive. I am so sad I never finished it.
Catherine Goodall
I really enjoyed this series as a child because McCombie made me want to be part of the Love family. However, I thought the first books in the series were the best because there seemed to be less spark in the later ones.
Ayer no sé por qué, me acordé de cuando me leí esta saga de libros de pequeña y me trajo muy buenos recuerdos :')
BluexAbyss
I remember this book! I read it a few years ago and I adore it. Forever in my heart.
Nida Hashmi
Perfect early teeny thing.
Amy Coxon
My favourite books when I was about 11. My mum bought them thinking I'd like them, and I did. Heartwarmingly funny and a heroine that doesn't expect too much from girls as she is as awkward as a normal girl should be. Well written and a good storyline, and they kept me laughing until the very end. :)
Maja
One of my childhood favorites.
I remember reading this series when I was younger and found them really really funny. Ally and her family is absolutely adorable and the atmosphere in the books are really nice and warm.

Definitely recommendable for young teenagers!
Shauni
I remember reading this series of books when I was younger and I loved them. They're still in my book case, having not been touched for some years! I remember they were very very funny, and I could not wait to get the newest instalment each time it came out.
Rebecca
Okay, well I normally like Karen McCombie books, and I did like this one. Just... well, the plot-line wasn't so good. I don't know. There was just something that didn't quite... fit? I don't know, just, something wasn't there...
Rose Dawson
Série: Alice a ... .Tuto sérii jsem naprosto milovala.Alice je velmi vtipná a blázen.Oblíbila jsem si celou rodinu a mimo to i Alfieho.Rozhodně doporučuji sice je Alice 13 let,ale myslím,že knížku si můžou přečíst i starší.
Erin
I really liked it... Although I read it such a long time ago, that I've practically forgotten what it's about. But it's left a pretty good impression on me, so much so that I immediately became stuck to Karen McCombie's books!
Barbora
When I was younger I loved this series. It was the combination of funny language and lovely atmosphere that got me. One of the best series for teenage girls, trust me.
Claire
The was another series of books I read when I was younger. I remember loving it but I can't remember why, so would be interested to read the series again.
Tofunmi Akinlalu
I think this book is fantastic but its a bit too
mysterious because until you read the next
book you don't really understand.
Helen X
LOVE LOVE LOVE! Ally Rocks! Karen Mccombie is my all time fave auther. Can't wait to read her book: The Raspberry Rules
FreakPrincess
This stupid Kyra girl is irritating her and she STILL doesn't know what to get her dad for his birthday
Rystal :)
i loved every single book in this whole series when i was in year 6!!!! LOVED ALLY'S WORLD!!!
Margaret
It was a weird book but it was okay enough. Two stars.
Krithi
i thought it was a lesson. never judge a book by its cover
XHoney_Hutcherson_Candy
I am reading it but I dont know what page Im on
  • My So Called Life (Rachel Riley, #1)
  • Keeping it Real (Diary of a Chav, #6)
  • Secrets
  • Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2)
  • Hermelinen (Katriona-serien, #2)
  • Too Good to Be True (So Little Time, #3)
  • Fruit and Nutcase (Diary, #3)
  • Raspberries on the Yangtze
  • Tessa in Love
  • Wishes and Dreams (Sweet 16, #2)
Karen Grace McCombie is an author of children and young adult novels. Currently, she lives in London with her husband Tom, and their four year old daughter Milly. She is the author of the series Stella etc., Ally's World, and Indie Kidd. She has also written several stand-alone novels. Her newest series, Sadie Rocks, was released in February 2008.

More about Karen McCombie...
Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2) Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3) Boys, Brothers and Jelly Belly Dancing (Ally's World, #5) Friends, Freak-outs and Very Secret Secrets (Ally's World, #4) Frankie, Peaches & Me