Start by marking “Hallway Diaries: How to Be Down/Double ACT/The Summer She Learned to Dance” as Want to Read:
Hallway Diaries: How to Be Down/Double ACT/The Summer She Learned to Dance

Hallway Diaries: How to Be Down/Double ACT/The Summer She Learned to Dance

Three girls. Three high schools. Three gotta-read stories. How To Be Down by Felicia Pride

When Nina Parker decides to straighten her Afro, lose her valley-girl accent and get a total makeover for her new school in the hood, the cutest guy notices--"yes!" But so does the meanest girl, Vivica, queen bee of her crew, who wants Jeffrey for herself.

Double Act by Debbie Rigaud

In
Published September 1st 2007 by Kimani Press

To ask other readers questions about Hallway Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hallway Diaries

Artisha
Sep 19, 2016 Artisha rated it really liked it
Shelves: fall-2016-shelf
I thought this book was actually a good book, although it included 3 other stories inside of it. It was full of drama, and with teenage girls trying to fit in with their heritage of ethnicity.
Tani B
Feb 28, 2013 Tani B rated it liked it
How to Be Down

Originally reviewed - 4/16/08

I started reading How To Be Down with many reservations in mind. After reading Gettin' Hooked by Nyaomi Scott I was a little nervous not about the story plot-- if I was I wouldn't be writing this blog post. I was nervous about the author's use of dialogue. Wondering if Felicia Pride captured the vernacular of the kids, and if she did was it used in the right context. Well, I'm happy to say, "Yes she did". Reading the dialogue of this story made me feel
Shariah
The Hallway Diaries had three stories about three girls dealling with different delemmas. The story that I liked the best was "The Summer She Learned To Dance." This story is about a girl Giselle who is rich and lives in a big mansion. One day while at the dinner table her dad announced that her cousin from the Dominican Republic will come to visit them. At first Giselle seemed excited to meet family from her mother's side sinse her mother died. When her cousin arrived she started to regret ...more
Dymond
Jul 13, 2010 Dymond is currently reading it
Well I Just Started Reading This Book And So Far I Think Its Very good.The So Far One Of The Short Stories In The Book Is About A Girl Name Nina.Nina Parents Moved Her From Her Nice Suburban Neighbor(rainheaven,new jersey to The Ghetto Streets of MapleWood Balitmore.In The Part Of The Story Nina Is Talking About HOw Her Family Thinks She An Expert On White Folks BEacuse Of Where She Lived.Nina Also Meets A Girl That Moved Into Her Parents ApartMent Builiding Name Vicia.Right Now Vicia And Nina ...more
Onyea
Feb 13, 2013 Onyea rated it it was amazing
The kimani tru series for anyone. It's meant for people trying to fit in, having backstabbing friends, and learning to be yourself. Felicia Pride's character, Nina Parker just moved from New Jersey to Baltimore. She is being jugded for not being 'black' enough Will she change or will she continue to be herself? . Debbie Riguard is an amazing author. Mia Chambrs is an A+ student. She is getting transfered to a new school. Is she a trader or becoming a new person? And last but not least,Karen ...more
Quonnetta
Sep 11, 2011 Quonnetta added it
Shelves: done
This book is three books in one I'm on the first book its called How To Be Down its about a girl who is from New Jersey then she moves to some where else.The place that she lives now her parents own the apartment that they live in a girl that's from the neighborhood moved in their building her name is Vivica she's popular,mean and too grown.

Nina and her new friends are doing okay they are trying to teach her how to be a black girl because they said she act like a white girl. Nina is getting the
Rayzin
Aug 29, 2010 Rayzin rated it liked it
Felicia Pride is a very smart and dedicated person. I've met and worked with her and she is a great person to be around. This was a good story that i read. All of them were.
When Nina changed her style and then starts to attract good looking boys and Vivica starts to notice but she wants Jeffrey all to her self. But he;s falling for Nina. But only if she can take the pressure of being her self.

In the hood, Mia Chambers is the "smart girl," but at her new prep school, she hardly stands out. So Mia
Paulette
Aug 27, 2012 Paulette rated it liked it
A good friend and author, Sylvia May, told me about Debbie Rigaud - an author who is now living in Bermuda. These two authors now get together for writing sessions, working on each of their own writing projects separately but in the same room.
I enjoyed her short story - Double ACT - told from the perspective of an African-American girl who finds herself attending an almost all white private high school, but still wanting to keep in touch with her friends from her neighborhood.
April
Jan 27, 2010 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-lit, 2010
Three novellas about three different girls trying to adapt to new circumstances in their lives. The first two are snappily-written chicklit with appealing heroines. The last one is a dud, amateurishly written and full of cliches.
Kia Howard
This book....
Was well this book. Not anything I really enjoyed or was just glued to.

PLEASE READ
Brenda
Feb 04, 2016 Brenda rated it did not like it
I have been stuck on page 8 for the last few days, have to admit that I am not interested in this book
Jamika
Dec 30, 2009 Jamika rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all girls
Recommended to Jamika by: the librarian
What i learned from this book is that high school is tough but when you have friends who always have your back it will be easy to go on to the next level.
Wyeisha Smith
Wyeisha Smith rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2013
Devyn Bryan
Devyn Bryan rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2014
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2011
Kia
Kia rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2010
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
Heanderlynn
Heanderlynn rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2009
Cheyenne Robinson
Cheyenne Robinson rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Diarra Raymond
Diarra Raymond rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Khrys
Khrys rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2011
Nsqokdoqw
Nsqokdoqw rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Lanetta Dickens
Lanetta Dickens rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2008
Sky Goode
Sky Goode rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2009
-;'MrSz.MyRiAh';-
-;'MrSz.MyRiAh';- rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2009
Elle
Elle rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2009
Shuntrice
Shuntrice rated it did not like it
Dec 24, 2009
Raeanna
Raeanna rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2011
  • 16 Isn't Always Sweet
  • She Said, She Said
  • First Semester
  • Spin It Like That
  • Jaded (Indigo Summer #4)
  • How to Salsa in a Sari
  • If I Were Your Boyfriend (Keysha, #2)
  • Gettin' Hooked
  • Chasing Romeo (BFF Novel #1)
Felicia Pride is a writer, literacy advocate, and hip-hop baby. Shes the author of the forthcoming books: The Message: 100 Life Lessons from Hip-Hops Greatest Songs (Thunders Mouth Press, October 2007); Everybody Hates First Girlfriends (Simon & Schuster, September 2007), a chapter book in the book series based on the award-winning television show Everybody Hates Chris; and coauthor of the you ...more
More about Felicia Pride...